Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

On 16/09/2023 at 05:55, Jimmy said:

we got lucky to catch Southampton on a night where they were so awful, or something like that

Just listened to this week'sNTT20 pod and you are pretty much spot on. Him and Maxwell said the real story was how bad Southampton were. Supposedly, all of our goals were down to their mistakes or their failure to get into defensive shape, including our 3rd goal involving a 33 pass move!!!! Having gone on about the xG from our previous games, they didn't mention we won this one on xG by a similar margin to the final score. I think we're just not going to get any real credit from them whatever we do. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just listened to this week'sNTT20 pod and you are pretty much spot on. Him and Maxwell said the real story was how bad Southampton were. Supposedly, all of our goals were down to their mistakes or their failure to get into defensive shape, including our 3rd goal involving a 33 pass move!!!! Having gone on about the xG from our previous games, they didn't mention we won this one on xG by a similar margin to the final score. I think we're just not going to get any real credit from them whatever we do. 

Us being good isn’t a story for them 

much easier to say how bad some of the bigger teams are - especially if they’ve dropped down with a parachute payment that they hate 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If I’m not mistaken most think we will get promoted and pretty comfortably, so I gather we are just doing what the media expect at the moment 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Keep seeing clips of The Second Tier podcast on Twitter/X. 

I’ve seen it mentioned on here but that Ryan fella is painful. Speaks like someone who expected to achieve something in life/career wise and has turned to podcasts for validity. Attempts to come across educated, with sound knowledge of football but makes himself look like a prize tit.

Isn't that just what 98% of podcasts are?

People who have failed to achieve any form of success turning to recording their own thoughts to spread them around like muck in order to try and reap the well wishes of the public?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

This seems like the perfect moment to promote my new podcast -

The 10 secrets to a happy marriage. 

I've been wanting to make it for years but I never had time until recently getting kicked out by my wife. 

If only you had the 11th secret...  

13 hours ago, foxile5 said:

People who have failed to achieve any form of success turning to recording their own thoughts to spread them around like muck in order to try and reap the well wishes of the public?

Nah, some pods are actually pretty good and have decent guests on each week rather than being self serving ego fests. Yes, many are shite too, granted.

I mentioned this one because it’s relevant to this thread. 

42 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Nah, some pods are actually pretty good and have decent guests on each week rather than being self serving ego fests. Yes, many are shite too, granted.

I mentioned this one because it’s relevant to this thread. 

In my humble opinion, the most insightful/best podcasts are by people who are journalists, comedians, former/current industry leaders in their sector (ie. former players) or some other form of professionals in the topic they cover. They have worked it and have seen it.

In other words, their podcast is a secondary career or an additional activity to what they do/did.

A huge, huge majority of podcasts that aren't produced by the above group of people are dross. Yes, here are some exemptions to the rule, usually by passionate and dedicated people who have a real interest in a particular topic (history, football tactics etc.).

On evidence I've listened to, NTT20 and Second Tier fall solidly in the "dross" category. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

In my humble opinion, the most insightful/best podcasts are by people who are journalists, comedians, former/current industry leaders in their sector (ie. former players) or some other form of professionals in the topic they cover. They have worked it and have seen it.

In other words, their podcast is a secondary career or an additional activity to what they do/did.

A huge, huge majority of podcasts that aren't produced by the above group of people are dross. Yes, here are some exemptions to the rule, usually by passionate and dedicated people who have a real interest in a particular topic (history, football tactics etc.).

On evidence I've listened to, NTT20 and Second Tier fall solidly in the "dross" category. 

I couldn’t agree more. I just didn’t agree that ‘98%’ of podcasts are like the Second Tier one. Which you’ve agreed with in your post. There are some really good ones like you say :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 19/09/2023 at 21:35, foxile5 said:

Potentially.

• Haha 2

There are two guys that vlog from the Kop that are near me. Any idea who they are or where to find them? I am intrigued to see how they edit them together. 

Found them! SPORTSA is their youtube name. 

Its alright, dont really get vlogging but each to their own i guess. 

Edited by goose2010

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If those vloggers are ST holders it won't be long before they get a letter through the post with a ban from the club. 

did wonder how they get away with filming the actual game, as isnt that actually classed as illegal. 

It was all so fake etc. watching their reactions just quite well edited.