Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I literally see this nowhere. It feels more like it’s a notion created by some to be dramatic.

Let me ask you, what do you think to balls like the long cross field one played by Doyle to McAteer for the winner at Rotherham? Or the ball by Hermansen to McAteer to put him in on goal at Norwich?

You definitley don't look very hard. 

You only need to be st the ground for about 30 seconds before you hear people moaning we aren't doing that aswell. 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I hear you but I also know for sure that there is a significant number of our fans that simply don’t understand what we’re doing or don’t want to understand what we’re doing or can’t cope with what we’re doing due to it’s high risk nature 

On fair enough if it’s something you’ve experienced. 

I do think a lot of people are probably scarred by Rodgers. I think therefore there will be people who take longer to warm up than others. I was a bit sceptical initially but not for long at all as the evidence is there. It is enjoyable. The last thing I was unsure of was the full back/inverted full back situation as we had got rid of our left sided players. I think it’s more personnel than system though, I.e if we had two ‘Doyles’, it wouldn’t be an issue as such with his injury. But it was a lot to do in one summer and I think we did what we can and will hopefully go again in January to build on this system. 

On other supporters, I was referring more to on this forum where I think there isn’t the type of people who want hoofball. But I’m willing to accept in areas of the ground, there are those types then and that is what yourself and @ARTY_FOXare referring to. I’d like to think in many cases, it is people just struggling to articulate what they mean and what they do actually mean is the point I have made but maybe maybe not. I don’t understand why anyone would want to just see it lumped up time and time again anyway. 

For what it’s worth, personally I think we have struck a good balance. We will no doubt work on breaking a packed defence down as the season goes on. But he adapted away at Southampton where he knew they’d have more of the ball and I like that we do take the ‘direct but precise’ option when it is available. 

@ARTY_FOX, I think this covers a response to yourself as well 👍

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I hear you but I also know for sure that there is a significant number of our fans that simply don’t understand what we’re doing or don’t want to understand what we’re doing or can’t cope with what we’re doing due to it’s high risk nature 

Genuinely. There's a bloke near where I sit that starts shouting panic, big problems whenever we're passing in our own defensive third even when the opposition are chasing shadows and it's ****ing infuriating 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

On fair enough if it’s something you’ve experienced. 

I do think a lot of people are probably scarred by Rodgers. I think therefore there will be people who take longer to warm up than others. I was a bit sceptical initially but not for long at all as the evidence is there. It is enjoyable. The last thing I was unsure of was the full back/inverted full back situation as we had got rid of our left sided players. I think it’s more personnel than system though, I.e if we had two ‘Doyles’, it wouldn’t be an issue as such with his injury. But it was a lot to do in one summer and I think we did what we can and will hopefully go again in January to build on this system. 

On other supporters, I was referring more to on this forum where I think there isn’t the type of people who want hoofball. But I’m willing to accept in areas of the ground, there are those types then and that is what yourself and @ARTY_FOXare referring to. I’d like to think in many cases, it is people just struggling to articulate what they mean and what they do actually mean is the point I have made but maybe maybe not. I don’t understand why anyone would want to just see it lumped up time and time again anyway. 

For what it’s worth, personally I think we have struck a good balance. We will no doubt work on breaking a packed defence down as the season goes on. But he adapted away at Southampton where he knew they’d have more of the ball and I like that we do take the ‘direct but precise’ option when it is available. 

@ARTY_FOX, I think this covers a response to yourself as well 👍

Maybe the don't actually mean hoof / lump it up bet just get if forward quicker. When you're viewing from the stands you can see missed opportunities for a forward pass as it's recycled again.

Hopefully as the players get more attuned to and practice with Enzo ball this will happen. I'm happy to see how it develops.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe the don't actually mean hoof / lump it up bet just get if forward quicker. When you're viewing from the stands you can see missed opportunities for a forward pass as it's recycled again.

Hopefully as the players get more attuned to and practice with Enzo ball this will happen. I'm happy to see how it develops.

Yeah this is what I’m getting at. Going forwards quicker and more direct at times but with purpose and whilst playing good football rather than aimless lumping it up.

And being able to mix it up as we have been doing. If you stick too rigidly to one way like under Rodgers, it just gets predictable.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-names-seven-players-8795811

Enzo Maresca names seven players as he disagrees with Jon Dahl Tomasson's Leicester City verdict
The Leicester City manager insists his side should not be referred to as a 'Premier League team' after they returned to the top of the Championship table on Sunday

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 2 OCT 2023

Leicester City may be leading the Championship but to declare them a Premier League club is very premature, manager Enzo Maresca insists.

City returned to the top of the table with victory over Blackburn Rovers on Sunday afternoon and the Lancashire club’s head coach Jon Dahl Tomasson said post-match that his side had faced a Premier League club and the likely champions of the division. Maresca was quick to disagree.

When Norwich manager David Wagner made a similar statement after City’s win at Carrow Road, Maresca said it was an attempt to put his players under pressure. Again, he has tried to play down their status and their promotion credentials.

Assessing the game, Tomasson said: “We are extremely disappointed with the result. It doesn’t reflect the game, I don’t think, the score at the end. We knew it was going to be tough against a Premier League side with lots of good players.

“We caused them plenty of problems in the first half with great football and great movements. We gave two soft goals away in the first half. In the second half, we were in the game, we were on top of the opponent, and we got a big chance to score a goal. I think they only had four shots on target.

“They get the penalty and I think it’s a soft penalty. You can give it but then you give 10 penalties in each game. Then the game was over.

“It was a great effort by the lads. We shouldn’t forget this is an excellent side, probably champions of this league, and a Premier League team.”

Maresca agreed that Blackburn provided his side with a very difficult test, the toughest they have faced so far this season, but said his team are very much a Championship side, rather than a Premier League one. He pointed to the number of players in his squad that were not playing in the top flight last term.

“I’m not agreed with him,” Maresca said. “I agree with him that they are very good, they played very good, the best team we have faced and I told him. But I don’t agree that we’re a Premier League team.

“Otherwise we would not be playing against Blackburn, but against one of the Premier League clubs. Leicester is a Championship club.

“We’ve had many players join us, like Mads (Hermansen), like Yunus (Akgun). Macca (Kasey McAteer) last year was in League Two, we played against Liverpool with a goalkeeper (Jakub Stolarczyk) who was in League Two last year.

Cesare Casadei born 2003, Callum (Doyle) born 2003, (Abdul) Fatawu born 2004. It’s easy to say Leicester is a Premier League club because for everyone it is easy to say. But you need to show that.”

• Like 3

Maresca is right we are not a premier league team, but on paper, we have premier league standard players that are far too good for this level, the likes of Vestergaard, Faes etc at the back Ricardo/ Winks in the midfield, even Ndidi, and Vardy of course, our spine is premier league standard you cannot deny that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Maresca is right we are not a premier league team, but on paper, we have premier league standard players that are far too good for this level, the likes of Vestergaard, Faes etc at the back Ricardo/ Winks in the midfield, even Ndidi, and Vardy of course, our spine is premier league standard you cannot deny that.

We definitely have. For a lot of games if you made the best XI from both squads we’d be contributing 9-11 of the team. Also looking at our bench I’d say a fair few of them would start for the opposition in most matches.

Thats partly due to my ignorance of other teams granted, but overall our squad is very strong for the league, and even more so now Enzo has got players back on form.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness these people are still traumatised from watching Daniel Amartey and Danny Ward trying it. 

This has reminded me of the absolute panic watching Amartey and Ward give a pen to Newcastle at home after like a minute played.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I do wish we hadn't sacked Rodgers. 

Til we got relegated, at least. Maybe then more people would have realised what a fraud he was. 

Sacking him and going down was the absolute worst case scenario. Saying that, he and his fans would have still found a raft of excuses to absolve him of blame