Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

10 hours ago, davieG said:

They would argue we'd be left adrift in Euro Competitions.

You have to put a lot of the blame on the other 14 clubs because they have to agree to everything. They're the one's including LCFC that voted to let the teams playing in Europe have a bigger share of overseas income.

Agree with this totally. The 14 agreed because they considered the crumbs worthwhile. It’s a trough for the elite pigs. Our snouts may well be back in it soon. However that doesn’t mean that it isn’t something which should be addressed. It will hit a crisis point sooner rather than later. 

10 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Eufa/country FA'S should have followed through with expelling the super league clubs. Would have reset football and the players would have jumped to other clubs anyway. It would have been a benefit long term.

Can we ask the Super League clubs to try again, and then f*** off? Could save the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Isn't anyone talking about us anywhere, anymore?

Have to say I’m quite enjoying being out the media spotlight a bit. In the Prem the pre and post match build up meant it was all hyped up a bit too much. Now I quite happily turn up, watch the match and go home!

Not the Top 20's Ali Maxwell and George Diked in their latest podcast. 

On teams deploying "new" tactics:

"Football has changed. It's so exciting across the EFL and we've chosen the right leagues to watch. There are teams like, in particular, Plymouth and Norwich, Ipswich and Blackburn, certainly Sunderland...Leicester, to an extent..."

On our win vs. Norwich:

"Leicester weren't convincing."

Maxwell on our week:

"They've looked better at defending transition attacks. So it's been a really good week for Leicester after beating Norwich in midweek and having thumped Southampton the weekend before. Really impressive performances as well as results."

Diked on our Bristol C win:

"Vardy scored the pen in a game that Leicester dominated from start to finish. So it was the penalty that got them the win.

"I've been the first in the queue to try and pour cold water on some of their results this season. And even though this was another marginal win, I thought there was a lot more quality and a lot more dominance exerted on the opposition in this game. Bristol City weren't without their chances. Jason Knight probably had the pick of them. But Leicester were by far the better team. 

"For the first time, it kind of felt they were able to create more chances from open play, rather than dominating possession but lacking that cutting edge. 

"Interesting celebration from Vardy. It's good to see that a player who has won the Premier League and FA Cup and has played in the Champions League can still get wound up by Bristol City fans **audible smirking from Diked here**.

"The way Leicester play is definitely innovative. Before I wasn't sure whether it was working, or whether it was innovation for innovation's sake. But this was the first sign that maybe we are seeing some progression in terms of the on-the-ball use.

"Having said that, their price to win the league is incredibly short. It is much more wide open. I don't think they are too good to not have a sticky run at some point. But this was the most impressed I have been with them this season."

On a lighter point, asking each other which manager would have the best first touch in the league:

Maxwell:

"You'd probably say, Michael Carrick or Enzo Maresca?"

Diked:

"Not Maresca"

At least he admits to not liking us. The way he spoke about the Vardy celebration tells me all I need to know about him and his attitude to us. 

• Like 3

I thought the Not 20 was very well balanced and observed in their season preview. Having heard the latest podcast and the rest this season, I’m just convinced their analysis is very dense. Clearly like their stats. But don’t really have an eye for actual analysis. Get all giddy about games full of goals rather than acknowledging solid wins by numerous teams (not just us). 

59 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I thought the Not 20 was very well balanced and observed in their season preview. Having heard the latest podcast and the rest this season, I’m just convinced their analysis is very dense. Clearly like their stats. But don’t really have an eye for actual analysis. Get all giddy about games full of goals rather than acknowledging solid wins by numerous teams (not just us). 

Exactly. Very shallow in what they say. Pretty much everything they say is based on a very little sample – and understanding – of what they are talking about. 

That's the last time I'll listen to them, to be honest. They offer nothing. I've no idea why they were touted as being decent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Not the Top 20's Ali Maxwell and George Diked in their latest podcast. 

On teams deploying "new" tactics:

"Football has changed. It's so exciting across the EFL and we've chosen the right leagues to watch. There are teams like, in particular, Plymouth and Norwich, Ipswich and Blackburn, certainly Sunderland...Leicester, to an extent..."

On our win vs. Norwich:

"Leicester weren't convincing."

Maxwell on our week:

"They've looked better at defending transition attacks. So it's been a really good week for Leicester after beating Norwich in midweek and having thumped Southampton the weekend before. Really impressive performances as well as results."

Diked on our Bristol C win:

"Vardy scored the pen in a game that Leicester dominated from start to finish. So it was the penalty that got them the win.

"I've been the first in the queue to try and pour cold water on some of their results this season. And even though this was another marginal win, I thought there was a lot more quality and a lot more dominance exerted on the opposition in this game. Bristol City weren't without their chances. Jason Knight probably had the pick of them. But Leicester were by far the better team. 

"For the first time, it kind of felt they were able to create more chances from open play, rather than dominating possession but lacking that cutting edge. 

"Interesting celebration from Vardy. It's good to see that a player who has won the Premier League and FA Cup and has played in the Champions League can still get wound up by Bristol City fans **audible smirking from Diked here**.

"The way Leicester play is definitely innovative. Before I wasn't sure whether it was working, or whether it was innovation for innovation's sake. But this was the first sign that maybe we are seeing some progression in terms of the on-the-ball use.

"Having said that, their price to win the league is incredibly short. It is much more wide open. I don't think they are too good to not have a sticky run at some point. But this was the most impressed I have been with them this season."

On a lighter point, asking each other which manager would have the best first touch in the league:

Maxwell:

"You'd probably say, Michael Carrick or Enzo Maresca?"

Diked:

"Not Maresca"

At least he admits to not liking us. The way he spoke about the Vardy celebration tells me all I need to know about him and his attitude to us. 

Most of those points seem reasonable (apart from effectively missing us out of the list of clubs on first one) 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Most of those points seem reasonable (apart from effectively missing us out of the list of clubs on first one) 

Absolutely. But also something everyone already knows. And which has been said countless times elsewhere. Including on FT. 

The only real "insight" they offer re. Leicester is their admission of having tried to pour cold water on our results since the start of the season. 

To be fair to them, they are trying to cover 72 teams who play twice a week. So they've set themselves up for failure from the start. 

4 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Absolutely. But also something everyone already knows. And which has been said countless times elsewhere. Including on FT. 

The only real "insight" they offer re. Leicester is their admission of having tried to pour cold water on our results since the start of the season. 

To be fair to them, they are trying to cover 72 teams who play twice a week. So they've set themselves up for failure from the start. 

But he’s right about Saturday as this was the first game that we’d managed to control for the whole 90 minutes with almost no chances for the opposition.  Shows he’s watched us 

and he’s right about norwich because in that second half they deserved an equaliser. Across the whole 90 we were the better side but for half an hour in the second period we weren’t convincing when we lost control of the game. 

they do have 72 teams to follow but they obvs watch the sky game and one of them chose to watch us on Saturday afternoon 

The difference is though they don’t view other teams on an objectionable basis. They raved about Leeds. That’s eight points behind Leeds. They aren’t taking a step back and giving it consideration. In the process I think they actually carry pre determined prejudices. 

For example, considering Preston’s excellent start, they’ve barely focused on them. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 4

On 25/09/2023 at 12:10, Master Fox said:

I watched this. Is this guy even a Leicester City fan? How did he get a ticket ? 

I think he says somewhere 'thanks to XXX for the ticket" - appears to be wearing a chelsea shirt and starts the video in wembley, i'd guess he's not a Leicester fan.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

But he’s right about Saturday as this was the first game that we’d managed to control for the whole 90 minutes with almost no chances for the opposition.  Shows he’s watched us 

and he’s right about norwich because in that second half they deserved an equaliser. Across the whole 90 we were the better side but for half an hour in the second period we weren’t convincing when we lost control of the game. 

they do have 72 teams to follow but they obvs watch the sky game and one of them chose to watch us on Saturday afternoon 

Again, that's all true. But nothing that anyone who follows football wouldn't know already.

It's clear they get their "material" from the same place you and I do – watching matches and highlight shows. Just two blokes talking about football. They even have a clear disdain for certain clubs, which any two blokes who sit down to talk footie in a pub would have. 

I just simply fail to see what that podcast adds to anyone or anything, that's all. Nothing insightful to say whatsoever. No statistics that would give you something to think about, no deepdive into tactics that would offer a "a-ha" moment, no analysis of anything in particular. 

It's like a long, slightly rambling, classified results service – with wafer-thin analysis – of games that took place a week ago. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Again, that's all true. But nothing that anyone who follows football wouldn't know already.

It's clear they get their "material" from the same place you and I do – watching matches and highlight shows. Just two blokes talking about football. They even have a clear disdain for certain clubs, which any two blokes who sit down to talk footie in a pub would have. 

I just simply fail to see what that podcast adds to anyone or anything, that's all. Nothing insightful to say whatsoever. No statistics that would give you something to think about, no deepdive into tactics that would offer a "a-ha" moment, no analysis of anything in particular. 

It's like a long, slightly rambling, classified results service – with wafer-thin analysis – of games that took place a week ago. 

Exactly. Spent five minutes getting worked up over the goals per games ratio but didn’t delve into why except a very oversimplified suggestion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Won’t be the case, the pair of them are at live games on Saturday afternoons and then just catch up via extended highlights on YouTube 

22 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Was Vardy wound up by the fans? I wasn't there and didn't hear anything over the radio? 

As he was lining up to take the penalty they started chanting about his wife (the usual one!). Up steps Vardy, scores the penalty (an unsaveable one btw), ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the away fans, cupping the ears etc., pointed to Pearson and did a mock hobble. Game continued at 1-0 with the home fans correctly pointing out the Jamie Vardy has won more than them!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/09/2023 at 08:58, Vlad the Fox said:

Shef u fan rang 606 on Sunday about how uncompetitive the premier league is and how it will destroy teams in years to come and ruin football. Was worthy of a much bigger discussion but they then made him hang on as they had an interview with heckingbottom then when they came back to him he was told he only had 30 seconds has they were going to the news. He’d probably only been shouted down by premier league fan boy savage however I get the feeling listening to other fans that there is the start of a mood swing towards the premier league. Hopefully it quickly gains traction as the greedy six don’t want competition.

Is it though? Yep Man City might just be running away with it, but there’s worthy arguments for now 7/8 teams that could get top 4. With that you could easily put forward a case for 12 teams to be going for a European spot, even though some may be an outside chance granted. 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Won’t be the case, the pair of them are at live games on Saturday afternoons and then just catch up via extended highlights on YouTube 

They wouldn’t know the nuance of our total control on Saturday without watching the whole game or getting a report from someone else who was there.  Highlight shows don’t give you that info 

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They wouldn’t know the nuance of our total control on Saturday without watching the whole game or getting a report from someone else who was there.  Highlight shows don’t give you that info 

They described games to the same detail across all three divisions. 

Both commonly go and watch the teams they support ie. Elek = Oxford and Maxwell = Reading.