Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If he can take down Rudkin it'll be his finest act.

It would be exceptional if this were to happen and it's noble of him to raise the issues. However, our financial predicament doesn't magically resolve itself. 

This is why I think we might have to shake hands this summer.

Posted (edited)

This doesn't quite ring true imho. Our financial issues have been pretty public for a while. God knows Bodgers openly talked about it in the media whenever he needed to deflect from his own shortcomings*. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have had at least an inkling.

That said, I'd much rather he stayed than Teflon John. Definitely time for a change of DofF.

*no pun intended

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cropwellfox said:

Enzo’s a clever operator for sure. No chance he joined having done no due diligence. Very deliberate timing of his comments and his mate’s article, designed to either get his way or give him an easy out of the club. Enjoy tomorrow then buckle in, the summer is going to be quite the rollercoaster 

Yeah sevilla keeps getting mentioned who are an absolute basket case. Good luck with that 

Rodgers talked about restrictions on spending. He never talked about breaking FFP rules, point deductions and transfer embargos.

I think Enzo is fully entitled to be unhappy that the club did not make him aware of the issues the club would be facing. The club knew this was coming.

I suspect they knowingly hid these things from Enzo, and that has become quite clear to him as things have developed over the last few months. 

Top needs to make some changes below him and this is just another great reason why he should do that now.

A fresh start as we go back to the Premier League. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

This doesn't quite ring true imho. Our financial issues have been pretty public for a while. God knows Bodgers openly talked about it in the media whenever he needed to deflect from his own shortcomings*. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have had at least an inkling.

That said, I'd much rather he stayed than Teflon John. Definitely time for a change of DofF.

*no pun intended

It doesn’t matter though, they should have been completely honest whether it was public or not. It’s so so poor from the club yet again 

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Rodgers talked about restrictions on spending. He never talked about breaking FFP rules, point deductions and transfer embargos.

I think Enzo is fully entitled to be unhappy that the club did not make him aware of the issues the club would be facing. The club knew this was coming.

I suspect they knowingly hid these things from Enzo, and that has become quite clear to him as things have developed over the last few months. 

Top needs to make some changes below him and this is just another great reason why he should do that now.

Yes they should have been more open but jees was he backed during the summer. He can't grumble too much. Beginning to get a bit tired if him and ballegue

He is from the Pep school of media management & uses the press to fight some of his battles for him. It came home to roost for him when we couldn't get the Sensi deal over the line due to lack of funds & now wants to know if there will be money to spend in the next window.    Good for him ... Have a go at Rudkin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He is from the Pep school of media management & uses the press to fight some of his battles for him. It came home to roost for him when we couldn't get the Sensi deal over the line due to lack of funds & now wants to know if there will be money to spend in the next window.    Good for him ... Have a go at Rudkin.

Yes and no. I personally don't like it and don't think he's earned his stripes yet. Took a ridiculously deep squad up and that's about it

14 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It doesn’t matter though, they should have been completely honest whether it was public or not. It’s so so poor from the club yet again 

Oh, I agree. I also can totally believe that the club were not completely honest with him. I just find it curious that he claims he had absolutely no idea. As fans, we all suspected that we might be about to hit FFP problems very soon. If he did ask, and they lied to him, then I don't blame him one bit for taking this stance.

• Like 1

Seen as I'm not allowed to contribute to the Rudkin thread any more, I'll say it here - he's a 

I jest 

No, I think it's a bit of a stretch though to say Enzo should have done research. I'm convinced it was more the expected outcome being a fine that led the club to thinking they wouldn't really have to ever stop the spending. Another massive case of ineptitude but let's face it, they've just about pulled it off. If they'd have just set all panic alarms off last season and announced we are ****ed then everyone would have left sooner and no way we'd get Enzo.

It was an extremely risky strategy but it's put Premier League money back in the account again at the first time of asking. So long as the punishment isn't THAT bad from the Premier League you could say it's all worked out as well as expected from last June onwards. 

• Like 2

On a side note - how the **** does this role Guillem is playing actually help Enzo?

Put what we think about Rudkin and Susan and the rest to one side for a minute - it looks classless. Here's what my mate wants to do so I'll tell the world his demands from his point of view to give him the perfect out story? Get in the bin Guillem.

Absolutely can't stand him. The interview he did with Owynn and Piper was infuriating too. 

It's like Enzo's got his Dad to come in the school for him because he doesn't like one of the teachers. Grow up. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, K789 said:

Yes they should have been more open but jees was he backed during the summer. He can't grumble too much. Beginning to get a bit tired if him and ballegue

I don’t get why he can’t grumble a bit if he’s been backed for one window. Enzo was clearly sold a bill of goods about the state of the club and I would have imagined he would have reconsidered joining us if he was made aware we’ll likely have to start the next season on a 6-point deduction and deal with financial problems that will take years to rectify. 

Backing Enzo for the summer window also doesn’t give any of KP, the DoF or CEO a pass to deceived him about the next window (assuming what Enzo is saying is the truth).

This same pattern happened with our last manager and it ended horribly; the same people are in charge of the club and it’s getting difficult to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Still so many willy pullers on here who would rather back Rudkin. Wobble your heads morons. 

Are there? This thread seems to be resolutely Rudkin out.

I think there's a very real possibility something could happen behind the scenes this time.

Pockets of fans have been outwardly protesting against Rudkin for a while. And, surely, the owners would take note of the criticism of how we've managed to find ourselves in this financial predicament (despite the fact that, if he were allowed, Top could pump money in to solve it).

Having the manager who has just won promotion back at the first attempt - a manager who has been hired for the long term, to refresh the squad and play a brand of football that's innovative and so different to the last 18 months of Rodgers' reign and the Dean Smith panic hire - openly criticise the running of the club should be ringing alarm bells.

If Maresca goes and we remain in a hole of our own making, meekly surrendering to an inevitable relegation with no means of turning things around, awaiting a patient EFL and whatever further sanctions they can throw at us, then the backlash from the fans will be vociferous.

The owners are loyal - a fabulous quality - but we do need change in some areas. Maresca may not be here in a year or two anyway, but the points he's making are valid. And they should be heeded for the long-term benefit of the club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We saw this with Rodgers... public digs at the hierarchy. Invariably ends well so it's not unrealistic to think he could move on. In all honesty I'm not too fussed. Likeable guy, football bores the pants off me 90% of the time. Had arguably the best squad the Championship has ever seen. Not a patch on Mckenna's achievement assuming they secure promotion. 

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Enzo either using his mouthpiece Guillem to get a massive wage rise, or he’s off to Sevilla…. Hope it’s the latter 

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

If he wants to leave his choice.  Managers come and go, loyalty counts for not much these days.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Are there? This thread seems to be resolutely Rudkin out.

You sure? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I don’t get why he can’t grumble a bit if he’s been backed for one window. Enzo was clearly sold a bill of goods about the state of the club and I would have imagined he would have reconsidered joining us if he was made aware we’ll likely have to start the next season on a 6-point deduction and deal with financial problems that will take years to rectify. 

Backing Enzo for the summer window also doesn’t give any of KP, the DoF or CEO a pass to deceived him about the next window (assuming what Enzo is saying is the truth).

This same pattern happened with our last manager and it ended horribly; the same people are in charge of the club and it’s getting difficult to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

That said, Guillem can get lost.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Fair play to him and hope he manages to oust rudkin, but our club was on its arse, and if we didn't go up, we were screwed.

Would you rather we told the truth, didn't get a decent manager to get us promoted first time, or be ruthless, accept the risk, and say job done, still better off in the epl with no manager than the championship.

These are the ruthless kind of decisions we say his dad would have made. Time to make our minds up.

Let's not forget, it hasn't been the most enjoyable season, the majority didn't like his style of football. He is pep light. To play this way, you need the best players, we are skint.

Maybe we get rid of rudkin and get a new manager that excites us.

Mark Robins blue and white army!

20 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Would you rather we told the truth, didn't get a decent manager to get us promoted first time

All hypothetical. 

I just think Enzo is entitled to feel a bit aggrieved at being kept in the dark on quite a pretty  huge thing that impacts the club he chose to Manage.

I suspect he will stay anyway, after some guarantees of more honesty and transparency from now on.

Rudkin leaving would be a bonus. I do not trust that Rudkin will not make the same mistakes again. Fresh blood please!

The squad seem to love playing for Enzo, so I am not sure replacing him with Mark Robins over the Summer would go down that well lol

• Like 1