Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

To think I had my doubts like others a few weeks ago. It was probably justified at the time. But now I feel embarrassed to think about it. It's a funny ole game football, it  brings out just about every emotion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

To think I had my doubts like others a few weeks ago. It was probably justified at the time. But now I feel embarrassed to think about it. It's a funny ole game football, it  brings out just about every emotion. 

There were doubts whether I thought enzo was capable of turning it around. 3 wins from 3 two brilliant performances and a title later…. You can say he managed to do so 

• Like 2

for me the past few games we've played differently, i wonder what was said in the vardy get together, i've never been enzo out though and still want him to move us on. The players love him, and maybe he's learned yes have a philosophy, but it's okay to bend it at times. I hope he stays because i think he'll be a top top manager

Nothing has changed

he’s still the same coach who failed to change things up at the den and home park when it was clear that plan A wasn’t working 

will he evolve alternatives for next season when he knows we won’t be amongst the best sides?  
maybe we’ll find out and maybe we won’t 

• Haha 3

Just now, st albans fox said:

Nothing has changed

he’s still the same coach who failed to change things up at the den and home park when it was clear that plan A wasn’t working 

will he evolve alternatives for next season when he knows we won’t be amongst the best sides?  

Bore off

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Sounded less than convincing in his interview on sky sports about being here next season. Mentioned doing what is best for the club. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but imo I don’t think he’ll be here. 

I'd be happy to see him stay but sometimes a manager can be brought in to do a particular job and whether he succeeds or not doesn't necessarily mean he's the right man for the next stage 

For what it's worth I think we should give him the opportunity as I don't see us getting better and he seems to have the players on board. When his football is good it's bloody marvellous to watch 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I love controlling the game.  it delivers the best outcome over a period of time. . 

I’m just stating facts 

maybe not the right time to mention it but it’s still true 

Unsure where to start with the contradictions in that load of bollox

• Haha 1

We looked a lot less passive in the last few games which made so much difference. Enzo changed things from the poor run so fair play to him, he deserves credit for that

Edited by Nalis

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Has put together a likeable, committed team. Has got the best from Vardy and Ricardo. Brought back outcasts like Vestergaard to great effect.

This club had serious issues with managers who weren't interested and players who weren't committed or fit enough last season. I cannot say that about this season from the first game.

Yes, he had an advantage but also had a hell of a lot of work to do. He deserves this.

Well said. 

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Sounded less than convincing in his interview on sky sports about being here next season. Mentioned doing what is best for the club. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but imo I don’t think he’ll be here. 

I think, in a good team, everyone involved  tends to talk about we/the club rather than 'I'. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nothing has changed

If only enzo would listen to  armchair  football expert managers like you, we could have won this league. 

Still think he’s been carried by the quality of the squad but I was never in the Enzo out brigade. He’s learning on the job.

Next year will be the real test. The experience of this season plus a good Summer transfer window gives him a real chance to build something here.

We need some luck recruitment wise though it feels like. Unearth some gems on the cheap who are hungry to succeed.

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Someone said in the match thread that the blip was pure psychological and once we got our heads straight we’ve reverted to being excellent again.

If this is true, does Enzo in fact deserve immense credit for not confusing the players by changing personnel and tactics and keeping the message consistent?

I’d also thought Enzo had shat it, I can’t lie. But think I was wrong now and don’t think that’s just revisionism. I think maybe we just missed what was really happening.

Paragraph 2. Bang on. If you lead a team of any sort in any organisation, consistency is key. It may not always be successful all the time but chopping and changing the focus and the means to achieving your goal is a recipe for failure, as no-one really understands their role in the process and then gives up and resorts to the " I don't understand, why bother" mentality. 

Keeping your people on board, even through the difficult times, will result in more success than failure.

I said he was light years ahead of any Manager I've seen and I've spent over 50 years in the game. 

I still believe he can take us further if given the chance and support from the Club.

The way he brought in fringe players tonight in what was a crucial game for us tonight

shows the quality of the Man. A far cry from what we witnessed from Rogers last season with his constant moaning and excluding players from the squad.

I'm really looking forward to see who he signs this Window to fill the obvious positions in the squad for next season.

well done Enzo, You deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1