Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Not going to be easy either way next season. Enzo’s stock is relatively high right now. If an offer comes in which gives him a job at a more financially secure club he’d likely be daft not to take it. Well all know soo enough, but for at least the next season we are Premier League. 

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Still going to need some convincing to be 'Pro Enzo' but I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

:dunno:

I'm thinking of starting a new thread, called - " Go on, admit you were wrong in the 'Go on admit you were wrong' thread "  :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Hopefully he says he can’t work under Rudkin anymore, either he goes or I do. 

There isn't a chance the board and the owner would choose Enzo over Rudkin. 

If that happened we'd be out of a manager quickly. 

Like it or not, the fans are going to just have to live with Rudkin for the foreseeable future. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't trust the board to get the recruitment of a replacement right anyway. I don't think they fully understand the value of the role, otherwise we wouldn't have had one for so long with no real experience or philosophy. 

• Like 1

If Enzo is told that we will likely be getting an 8-10 point deduction, and we must sell a handful of our better players, as well as have limits on what we spend - Would he stay if Sevilla or similar came knocking? Doubtful. 

I think he saw how toxic it can become when he starts losing games. He clearly already has some doubts on next season, which comes across in his latest remarks. 

I think a big pull for him to stay though, is the relationship he has with the players. It really is a fantastic job and set-up at Leicester. 

I suspect Top will need to present him with a positive picture for next season and hopefully, the points deduction will be 4-6 points and we will still be able to spend, without having to sell our better players. A lot is still up in the air, so I expect it will be a while yet before we know his intention. 

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

"With the title sewn up, he wants to sit down with #LCFC directors for talks on 'things that unfortunately this year I didn’t like'.” 

I've got a little list of gripes I fancy ironing out too, anyone reckon if I can tag along?

An italian wants a sit down

I've seen this movie before

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

I'm thinking of starting a new thread, called - " Go on, admit you were wrong in the 'Go on admit you were wrong' thread "  :D

You mean the locked thread that was last posted on 12th April?

:whistle:

Edited by adejo92

I don't think he would go. Remember when he said when he joined that he wants to find a club to be at for 5-6 years?

I don't think Sevilla are particularly attractive either, right now. They have their own financial issues, issues on the pitch, and plus everyone wants to manage in the Premier League. 

One thing to add to the discussion re alternative approaches to games would be to recognise that enzo hasn’t had a ‘creative’ midfielder to call upon 

I assume mcatee was supposed to fill that void. 

perhaps with that type player being available we may have seen some bigger variation in approach.  if alves kicks on then he can be that player aswell. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get answers he can either work with or likes; he'll be out the door.

He's gotten his promotion and played a decent style of football in a very competitive league on his CV. Being a pep 'graduate' boosts his name further.

Edited by UniFox21

Be very interesting to see who a replacement might be.

I think Wasserman/Top put Oscar Garcia into OHL to prove himself and that's backfired dramatically! 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

One thing to add to the discussion re alternative approaches to games would be to recognise that enzo hasn’t had a ‘creative’ midfielder to call upon 

I assume mcatee was supposed to fill that void. 

perhaps with that type player being available we may have seen some bigger variation in approach.  if alves kicks on then he can be that player aswell. 

I'd say the CM with 12 goals and 14 assists in the league would probably disagree with that assessment :D

Realise I'm again coming on here and praising him, but it's refreshing to see Enzo park his issues with the hierarchy to one side, focus on promotion, but then not lose sight of the issues once the job is done.

Brendan would have thrown his toys out the pram in January. 

• Like 4

Enzo has won it 4 times this season.

Daniel Farke 3 

Kieran McKenna 2

But somehow Enzo didn't get in the top 3 manager of the season.

Enzo in one season is joint 7th on the all time list level with the Nigel Pearson.

On 30/04/2024 at 17:06, pmcla26 said:

I don't think Sevilla are particularly attractive either, right now. They have their own financial issues, issues on the pitch, and plus everyone wants to manage in the Premier League. 

Sevilla have a higher ceiling than us, and over the last decade their recruitment has been nothing short of phenomenal. And they're a bigger club than us.

On 01/05/2024 at 13:45, LVFox said:

Realise I'm again coming on here and praising him, but it's refreshing to see Enzo park his issues with the hierarchy to one side, focus on promotion, but then not lose sight of the issues once the job is done.

Brendan would have thrown his toys out the pram in January. 

100% this. Love having a manager like this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Sevilla have a higher ceiling than us, and over the last decade their recruitment has been nothing short of phenomenal. And they're a bigger club than us.

It's been terrible for about 3/4 years now, but before that, yes. 

We'll probably pay Enzo more than they would.