Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Sevilla have a higher ceiling than us, and over the last decade their recruitment has been nothing short of phenomenal. And they're a bigger club than us.

Important to note the backbone behind that recruitment is no longer there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The lack of a clear foorballing strategy 

The lack of quality within the squad 

The likelihood of a 6pts deduction 

All mean that if another Premier league club come calling he will jump 

If they don't he will demand/ command a fee of 4-5m a year from LCFC and then stay till he is sacked next summer 🙄 🤣 

Edited by the draper

Interesting decision by Enzo to be so open in the presser, in particular the Club not mentioning potential FFP issues before the January window.

Obviously feels he is in a strong position and signposting that he needs to get answers puts pressure on the Club. 

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Rudkin and Whelan do need a bollocking for their sloppiness with our finances so I’m happy for Enzo to dish it out!

Agreed.  Though I don't expect the Board would be that happy that he has done that and it doesn't seem likely that Top is willing to make any changes. 

9 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

He got a ~£50m Summer transfer kitty as a Championship manager - Not sure what he's not happy about!

Fair enough, he wasn't able to strengthen in January, but it's notoriously difficult for everyone to get players in during that window.

He's had loads of backing and ultimately a successful season - He should be over the moon!

Probably that the club ****ed around in January and lead him to believe signing Sensi was possible. And let's be fair, our income from transfers last summer was not far off £100m (40m each for Barnes and Maddison, £15m Castagne, 1m Hirst), him getting back ~37m (7.5m Coady, 10m Winks, 6.5m Mavididi, 7m Cannon, 6m Mads) + whatever Doyle, Fatawu, Casadei and Yunus' loan fees were is not that outlandish a budget.

• Like 2

I really think it's 50/50 whether Enzo stays next season.

We've just had a brilliant season and the celebrations aren't done yet - but soon the realisation will set in that we're a club starting on minus points and in a pretty poor state financially. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Perfect!!!

We have a confident manager that wants to surround himself with the tools for success and know that his vision for that is matched by the board.

I believe Top will buy into this very strongly, the question will be wether he’s brave enough to commit to changes at board level. 

Personally I feel really positive about this situation, he has a great point - the infrastructure is the same as when we were relegated! 

• Like 2

I didn't agree with Rodgers throwing his toys out the pram, neither did I agree with media narrative "he wasn't backed" - he was, by the tune of over £200m.

However, the last 2 managers have been critical of the running and secretive nature of our finances, the club cannot continue in this vein. Wake up.

• Like 4

I’m a little worried that the last time our manager went to the board and extracted guarantees in order to stay, it was a short-term success but a long-term failure (Rodgers).

I don’t think Maresca’s demands are going to be unreasonable and I don’t think what he wants and what Rodgers wanted when he signed his contract extension is an apples-to-apples comparison. However,

I wonder if Top would see it that way.

20 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I really think it's 50/50 whether Enzo stays next season.

We've just had a brilliant season and the celebrations aren't done yet - but soon the realisation will set in that we're a club starting on minus points and in a pretty poor state financially. 

I think 80/20 he goes

I wouldn't blame him for going, he's realised the club has no competency in key departments and if a Sevilla or Fiorentina comes knocking he will have to consider it!