Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)

If Sevilla are serious he might very well be off. As a massive fan of Enzo and his methods, I’d be gutted, although judging by comments made over the past 6 weeks a big proportion of our fan base will be elated. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Board did the same thing with Rodgers in fairness to the bloke. How can they be so poor?! 

Think you will find Rodger’s did a lot to cause the issue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Think you will find Rodger’s did a lot to cause the issue. 

Agreed.  But there is a pattern emerging.  There seems to be some disconnect between the manager and the club.  Again.  Certainly is between many fans and the club.

Nothing is ever black and white of course, but we appointed Maresca.  We must have known what his aspirations were and certain promises must have been made on that basis. We must also have known at that point whether we could even begin to meet those aspirations.  

We've just been promoted to the most watched, wealthiest league in the world.  Why as a manager would you not want to embrace that?

Sure, he could be more adaptable, work with what he's got, find the semi-mythical plan B.  That ain't Maresca.  We appointed him knowing that, or should have done.  

I don’t think he is leaving but I do think he is quite in his right to call out certain elements of the club if they are being run like a complete and utter shit show by rank amateurs, let’s hope Top realises he has a good one and after mess the club has ended up he backs his man and bins off Rudders. I have a feeling this summer will see a fair bit of upheaval and change but for the better. 

33 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If Sevilla are serious he might very well be off. As a massive fan of Enzo and his methods, I’d be gutted, although judging by comments made over the past 6 weeks a big proportion of our fan base will be elated. 

It wouldn't be better for him at Sevilla

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

It wouldn't be better for him at Sevilla

Played there for 4 years and his Mrs is from there. If Sevilla want him and he doesn’t get reassurances that he’s looking for he’ll be off. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I think it depends on what tools the club are prepared/able to give him 

trying to survive in the PL with a six point deficit and second rate players for the way enzo wants to play won’t be an attractive option to him.  Some of the fanbase won’t have his approach and another chunk recognises that his likely way of playing at the highest level with a squad not up to it will be a car crash 

Edited by st albans fox

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Played there for 4 years and his Mrs is from there. If Sevilla want him and he doesn’t get reassurances that he’s looking for he’ll be off. 

I mean I can't imagine he would get much better if any reassurances from Sevilla that we couldn't give him, especially regarding squad investment

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean I can't imagine he would get much better if any reassurances from Sevilla that we couldn't give him, especially regarding squad investment

They can’t even afford to sign Soumare permanently 😂😂

We saw this with Rodgers... public digs at the hierarchy. Invariably ends well so it's not unrealistic to think he could move on. In all honesty I'm not too fussed. Likeable guy, football bores the pants off me 90% of the time. Had arguably the best squad the Championship has ever seen. Not a patch on Mckenna's achievement assuming they secure promotion. 

He was never going to get a Premier League job last summer. We were his next best option and given his less than impressive CV was lucky to be appointed. If he thinks that he can do better elsewhere then so can we. His stock isn't high enough yet to get a better job. That Said, hoping that he gets the club shaken up a bit.