Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, Pita said:

He’s lost the team they just don’t want to play for him. New manager clear out the team get rid of those running the club

It’s quite the opposite, they buy into what he wants to do so much that no one has the balls to say let’s pick up the tempo or try something different. They have this plan drilled into them and it’s utterly one dimensional. Every time we get the ball you can almost guess what the passing sequence is going to be, you know who’s moving where, what the link up play will look like and it is so utterly mind numbing to not have any unexpected moments of magic or excitement.

There was a comment the other year when Rodgers didn’t know what the Conference league was. I feel like there’s this same level of arrogance from Enzo that we don’t actually look into opposition teams, rather just blindly believe in this plan rather than acknowledge the other possibilities of the game. It’s football snobbery and it’s fu**ing embarrassing, we haven’t earnt anything this season, and we’re going to pay the price.

• Like 3

Claude Puel, Ian Holloway, Brian Little, Dean Smith, Gary Megson and Martin Allen would all walk the league with this league. 

Pearson smashed this league with a bunch of rejects, we’d have been better off keeping Rodgers or even Dean Smith, because this is embarrassing, and if we mess this up, we’re seriously in trouble 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

First half of the season we were a lot more incisive around the box, snappier passing and movement. Now we just seem to give it to wingers and hope.

Even then we were talking about how slow it was but not to worry because of that elusive other few gears we have. 

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Regardless of division next season we'll get absolutely dicked if Enzo is in charge. The secret ingredient to this incredible style is having better players than the opposition and relying on individual skill or brilliance to score or create a tap in.

Regardless of which division we're in, we're likely going to be struggling to put together a squad that won't get absolutely shafted to pieces playing this one very specific style.

Likeable bloke but he's far too attached to one system which is a chore to watch and is easily out-witted by poor managers with poor squads.

I hope he spends the summer trying to improve and become more flexible. A squad will have a wide range of different abilities, for me the best managers are able to get the best out of the players available rather than trying to force square pegs into round holes.

Spot on !

Agree 100,%. 

Except, I don't want him here in the summer. He won't change, as his stubborn refusal to do so when solely needed in the here and now has proven.

Next season we can't give him what he wants for EnzoBall to stand a chance of working.  Plus the football is Zzzzzz

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Surely if we tell him we have doubt about his style he keeps his word and walks for nothing? 🤣

Personally, bar a few games in December I've not enjoyed our style this season and wouldn't be sorry to see him go when the seasons done 

possibly wouldnt but i cant see him walking, i can understand why people dont like our style tbf, since we do play it "safe" alot of the time

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s always about the money ain’t it, that’s what got us into this position in the first place by keeping hold of Rodgers. 

Anyone who seriously believes Enzo is a long term fit at this club must be watching something different, we’re where we are because the squad is better than 90% of the league. 

thats a part of the reason we are in the position, combined with bad transfers and terrible running of the club from higher up

as for Enzo being the long term fit, i dont know, if he can stop being so rigged with his formation/tactics/structure, games cant always be controlled etc, you have to adapt and from what Ive seen this season hes slow to react and adapt

Yet again he thinks we played well. There's a time and a place for not saying it how it is but he's said that for 40 odd games even when we've been poor. Desperately want a manager who's transparent to break up the smoke and mirrors of this club

• Like 1

definitely the most bored Ive been during a season supporting us. At least under Puel we had a Vardy in his prime & Mahrez to watch. 

This is just utterly depressing football. I can’t believe someone who gets to manage at such a high level would want their team to play like this. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

First half of the season we were a lot more incisive around the box, snappier passing and movement. Now we just seem to give it to wingers and hope.

thats one of the differences, we arent doing that half as much anymore, seems like we arent risking enough and playing it safe too much

9 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It’s quite the opposite, they buy into what he wants to do so much that no one has the balls to say let’s pick up the tempo or try something different. They have this plan drilled into them and it’s utterly one dimensional. Every time we get the ball you can almost guess what the passing sequence is going to be, you know who’s moving where, what the link up play will look like and it is so utterly mind numbing to not have any unexpected moments of magic or excitement.

There was a comment the other year when Rodgers didn’t know what the Conference league was. I feel like there’s this same level of arrogance from Enzo that we don’t actually look into opposition teams, rather just blindly believe in this plan rather than acknowledge the other possibilities of the game. It’s football snobbery and it’s fu**ing embarrassing, we haven’t earnt anything this season, and we’re going to pay the price.

Great post. Sad but so true.

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Yet again he thinks we played well. There's a time and a place for not saying it how it is but he's said that for 40 odd games even when we've been poor. Desperately want a manager who's transparent to break up the smoke and mirrors of this club

He's probably spending hours reading our posts here. If we start now collectively praising this "style" and "philosophy" he will play a 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 next game. He's like a teenager. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It be good if he ends on a high and we finish top 2. Even if that means we trip over the line. 

However, he isn’t for us and we are not for him. His management style is actually limited to one style and alongside Kompany, off another man’s reputation. It would do him Good to spend some time learning of Harris tonight who schooled him on management. 

Or Rosenior, Carrick, Farke, Mackenna or even the Bristol guy who I don’t even know the name of, 

You can’t get through life on one idea. Even his mentor has multiple ideas. 

I totally agree even if we get promoted his system with these players in the Premier league could be the biggest embarrassment in football history .One dimensional football is not going to work

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 00rawat said:

I'm the same mate,  I haven't rarely got on board with tiki taka football, only reason it works with Liverpool and man city there can buy the best players, Leicester where and will always be a counter attacking football team for me, even under rodgers we where at he best when we played Counter football, I've tried to get on board with possession based football, but it turning out to be exactly what I thought it would be,slow, boring, not exciting football. I don't  know why are owners and the club are so obsessed with possession based football, if we go up I fear we will be the wipping boys of the prem, especially with fake pep in charge, give me counter attacking football, over boring, slow, walking football any day!!! 

It’s ok to counter attack in the prem against teams who are better footballers and who will dominate possession. Dropping down the league with our squad, It would be quite difficult for us to not dominate possession in The Championship because we are a big club in this league and so the majority of teams sit deep and want us to have the ball. You can only counter attack if the other team is coming forward. Our problem is what we do in possession. We are too slow, too predictable, not incisive enough, don’t take enough shots at goal and miss absolute sitters. On top of that we take unbelievable risks defensively and don’t close down quick enough around the edge of our box! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Onions said:

Claude Puel, Ian Holloway, Brian Little, Dean Smith, Gary Megson and Martin Allen would all walk the league with this league. 

Pearson smashed this league with a bunch of rejects, we’d have been better off keeping Rodgers or even Dean Smith, because this is embarrassing, and if we mess this up, we’re seriously in trouble 

Nope not having that.

Players would have continued to drop off under him, plus he'd have played without a keeper to get sacked and avoid Barn Brendan having to lower himself to Championship football (even though thats the standard he's managing at now, at best)

Just now, Ricey said:

His ‘idea’ will never be liked by the fans. It doesn’t resonate with why we watch our team.

I like it when it works. I detest it when it doesn’t.

I'd take a Micky Adams 'punt it wide to Scowcroft to flick on' plan at this point

• Sad 1