Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

19 hours ago, TrentFox said:

We need to pull a rabbit out of the hat up front. Cannon is nothing like as good as the happy-clappers on here have suggested in recent weeks. Vardy is done. Kels couldn’t care less and we know Daka is as strong as a dunked RichTea biscuit. Let’s hope we get away with it for four more months. 🤞🤞

It has to be a particular kind of striker or player to fit in with Enzo's system of play. Vardy and Iheanacho aren't necessarily suited to that.

Daka, whatever you might think, came into the team having hardly any game time whatsoever for a long time and managed to score goals. He also appeared to adapt the best of those three to the new system. There's time for him yet and time for Enzo to address any weaknesses. 

Your disparaging remarks about Cannon are quite bizarre. He's a very young player essentially learning his trade and, having had no pre-season and on the back of a difficult injury, has come into the team and scored, with the method and coolness of how he took those goals being extremely promising. Yet you with your expert eye have written him off already? 

Seems strange therefore that notwithstanding them having the knowledge that Cannon had fractured vertebrae, our recruiting team/manager still wanted to push the deal through? It suggests they may have a little bit more knowledge of him than yourself? 

What was your view on Vardy in his first season here, would you have dumped him despite not seeing and analysing his abilities on the training ground every day?

Bearing in mind we need a particular type of striker for Enzo's system, who is it you could suggest that could fulfil that role in our realistic price range?

I think thus far that Enzo and his team have shown good insight into what we currently have and what we need. By the end of this season don't be too surprised if, like certain other players, both Daka and Cannon have come on somewhat for their experience and adapted somewhat. If not, I feel fairly confident that they will know and buy accordingly. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It has to be a particular kind of striker or player to fit in with Enzo's system of play. Vardy and Iheanacho aren't necessarily suited to that.

Daka, whatever you might think, came into the team having hardly any game time whatsoever for a long time and managed to score goals. He also appeared to adapt the best of those three to the new system. There's time for him yet and time for Enzo to address any weaknesses. 

Your disparaging remarks about Cannon are quite bizarre. He's a very young player essentially learning his trade and, having had no pre-season and on the back of a difficult injury, has come into the team and scored, with the method and coolness of how he took those goals being extremely promising. Yet you with your expert eye have written him off already? 

Seems strange therefore that notwithstanding them having the knowledge that Cannon had fractured vertebrae, our recruiting team/manager still wanted to push the deal through? It suggests they may have a little bit more knowledge of him than yourself? 

What was your view on Vardy in his first season here, would you have dumped him despite not seeing and analysing his abilities on the training ground every day?

Bearing in mind we need a particular type of striker for Enzo's system, who is it you could suggest that could fulfil that role in our realistic price range?

I think thus far that Enzo and his team have shown good insight into what we currently have and what we need. By the end of this season don't be too surprised if, like certain other players, both Daka and Cannon have come on somewhat for their experience and adapted somewhat. If not, I feel fairly confident that they will know and buy accordingly. 

What a strange response. Written off? Hardly. My reference was primarily backwards-facing - suggesting that I  don’t think he’s as good as the blindly optimistic in here would have some believe. I do understand that the black & white thinkers in here have difficulty with this …… but those of us who express concern about our evolution are not writing people off. Merely expressing concern with how it looks right now. Again, the masses seem to struggle with the fact that it’s actually a good thing to change one’s mind. I’d be delighted to change mine on Cannon. Expressing an opinion isn’t a lifelong commitment to it! 😂

16 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

What a strange response. Written off? Hardly. My reference was primarily backwards-facing - suggesting that I  don’t think he’s as good as the blindly optimistic in here would have some believe. I do understand that the black & white thinkers in here have difficulty with this …… but those of us who express concern about our evolution are not writing people off. Merely expressing concern with how it looks right now. Again, the masses seem to struggle with the fact that it’s actually a good thing to change one’s mind. I’d be delighted to change mine on Cannon. Expressing an opinion isn’t a lifelong commitment to it! 😂

Your opinion is more unusual to have formed given he's started 3 games and been lethal in 2 of them than those who because he's been lethal in 2 of them think we've possibly found the next Vardy. 

I do wonder if Cannon to excel as a lone striker needs a 10 behind him, he's had that in Akgun in the 2 games he's ripped teams apart. Yesterday he only came alive in the 2nd half on the counter.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Your opinion is more unusual to have formed given he's started 3 games and been lethal in 2 of them than those who because he's been lethal in 2 of them think we've possibly found the next Vardy. 

I do wonder if Cannon to excel as a lone striker needs a 10 behind him, he's had that in Akgun in the 2 games he's ripped teams apart. Yesterday he only came alive in the 2nd half on the counter.

I’d agree with your latter point. Suspect that’s true of most strikers? I just struggle with this belief in here that you can’t form opinions on players in a very short time.  It’s nonsense. I form working opinions on players inside ten minutes. But I’m totally prepared to accept that they are likely wrong and that, as players grow and careers develop, I’ll need to constantly re-evaluate those opinions. But it’s what we do. We all need working frameworks to start from. At the moment, mine on Cannon are average. I don’t think he’s particularly quick, strong or possessing a great touch. Like you, I think he does have an eye for goal and seems able

to finish if we can get the ball to him in the right places. 🤷. I don’t see what is unusual about having an opinion? Can’t believe I’m the only one that has interpreted his appearances thus far in such a way? Maybe I am!  😂

24 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Absolutely agree with the final point yes, but I thought your initial judgement was strangely pessimistic in relation to the two particular players concerned under the current circumstances. 

Both have just played their first games for Maresca and both have duly scored, what more could they have possibly done? 

In particular you stated 'Cannon is nothing like as good as the happy-clappers on here have suggested in recent weeks'. Whilst I think many on here have been encouraged by the early signs, I don't think anyone has gone unrealistically over the top about him and I certainly wouldn't refer to them as 'happy-clappers' either.

All strikers of all ages will have barren patches and all will have occasional poor games. Also, even Harlaand can't score if he's not given the ball in the right areas at the right time. But, the initial signs in Cannon, making his debut games, not fully match fit and in particular, the way on which he's taken his goals, should surely give more reasons for optimism than pessimism. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree with the final point yes, but I thought your initial judgement was strangely pessimistic in relation to the two particular players concerned under the current circumstances. 

Both have just played their first games for Maresca and both have duly scored, what more could they have possibly done? 

In particular you stated 'Cannon is nothing like as good as the happy-clappers on here have suggested in recent weeks'. Whilst I think many on here have been encouraged by the early signs, I don't think anyone has gone unrealistically over the top about him and I certainly wouldn't refer to them as 'happy-clappers' either.

All strikers of all ages will have barren patches and all will have occasional poor games. Also, even Harlaand can't score if he's not given the ball in the right areas at the right time. But, the initial signs in Cannon, making his debut games, not fully match fit and in particular, the way on which he's taken his goals, should surely give more reasons for optimism than pessimism. 

Fair comments. Accepted. Totally.  But I’ll remain cautious about him for a while longer 😂👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Hamer passing ability is outrageous, McAtee I do like, but Hamer is an absolute gem. 

I reckon we'll get both in the summer. We know about the McAtee interest on Deadline Day and Enzo spoke positively about Hamer at the start of the season

• Like 3

17 hours ago, scinnell said:

I reckon we'll get both in the summer. We know about the McAtee interest on Deadline Day and Enzo spoke positively about Hamer at the start of the season

Sheff Utd are like the new Norwich (before the latter decided to turn their stay in the Championship long term). Get promoted then crap themselves and try to beat Derby’s record. But, seem to have some decent players like Norwich did at one stage.

McAtee and Hamer but also Ahmedhodzic and Archer is still highly rated and has scored a few given limited service this season. 

Surprisingly there are more there than Luton or Burnley given that they are performing worse than those two!

Giovanni Reyna is linked with a loan move to Forest at the moment, 21 year old attacking midfielder who can play on both wings but primarily plays in the Maddison role, has a big future ahead of him but struggling for game time at Dortmund, I'm sort of hoping Forest do get him on loan, as it looks like Marseille could be trying to Hijack a permanent deal and I'd like to see him available still in summer. 
Dortmund are rumored to only want £15m for him at the moment. He has not really lived up to the potential but under the right manager he could still be a top-class player. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

On 23/01/2024 at 05:46, BroughtonFox said:

I’d like us to go for Omari Hutchinson from Chelsea. Thought he looked decent when he came on. 

There is definitely going to be clubs picking up relatively cheap gems from Chelsea, they've spent so much money on their scatter gun transfer strategy there must be so many unhappy players there questioning their future. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Jack Clarke and Calum O’Hare 

Replacing who and why when we have KDH?
I would love to have Kevin Mac Allister as cover for Faes or Vesty, Thijs Dallinga replacement for Iheanacho or Vardy, and Martin Terrier for competition with Stephy

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If there's ever an exodus from Saudi and players to be picked up on the cheap, Seki Fofana under Enzo in the Prem next season would be spot on. 

He's the physical and aggressive box to box midfielder that I'm seeing resemblance with Ndidi this season.

Absolute beast of a midfielder, shame he went to Saudi as he was an absolute joy to watch for Lens.

Would be a serious coup if we ended up getting him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If there's ever an exodus from Saudi and players to be picked up on the cheap, Seki Fofana under Enzo in the Prem next season would be spot on. 

He's the physical and aggressive box to box midfielder that I'm seeing resemblance with Ndidi this season.

Wouldn’t  want to go near anybody who’s been over to Saudi. Think of the wages they’d be demanding. Of course it wouldn’t be anywhere near what they’re all currently on but they’d still be massively overinflated. That’s how we’ve ended up in such a mess by paying people silly wages. 

Don’t disagree with your point about his ability, i’d just be very wary of anybody who’s been out in Saudi. I bet there fitness and match sharpness has dropped drastically as well, playing against dross doesn’t do them any good i. terms of quality 

• Like 1