Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Where does he play,  Defender, Midfielder or Forward. ?

He’s a creative centre mid. He’s played as a deep lying playmaker but also further forward in a similar role to KDH for Brazil in their national youth teams. He’s played 1 game for Forest and Chelsea aren’t happy at the lack of game time. 

• Like 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

He’s a creative centre mid. He’s played as a deep lying playmaker but also further forward in a similar role to KDH for Brazil in their national youth teams. He’s played 1 game for Forest and Chelsea aren’t happy at the lack of game time. 

He sounds just like what we need right now. We're struggling for creativity in midfield.

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Heard a rumour that Andrey Santos might be coming to us in January after being recalled by Chelsea from Forest. 

Only question is we’ve already got Casadei who’s struggling for game time. Unless he’s going back the other way…

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It doesn't mean anything. Different Managers Different opinions of players or what the Manager wants.

I haven't seen him play but he's not at Chelsea for no reason they must have seen something in him.

But by the same token, so must have Forest.  But now they have him, they find he's not good enough..

I really hope in the first few weeks we see the following out the door:

Praet

Daka

nacho 

wilf 

It’s sad but if we can get any money for the last 2 i think we just take it and move on. I still get the feeling that whilst ndidi has proved us all wrong, he was still riding a wave of form. I think if we shifted him and could bring in a replacement it would be best for everyone. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see bids for both our nigerians from forest as they slowly get drawn back into a relegation battle. 

I’ll be sad to see nacho go. But this was his first real chance to put his stamp on things and he’s just not done it. Always better off from the bench, which i guess tells a story. 

if we could get 20m for the lot that would be good business at this point and big wages off the books.  replace them with 2 10 m players on lower wages and we’d likely be improved. A lot will come down to whether cannon steps up but if he handles himself well. Then why not just get a proper #10, a striker suited to the system and a promising player on loan. 

that would be enough for the squad to get us over the line imo 

Edited by Lambert09

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I really hope in the first few weeks we see the following out the door:

Praet

Daka

nacho 

wilf 

It’s sad but if we can get any money for the last 2 i think we just take it and move on. I still get the feeling that whilst ndidi has proved us all wrong, he was still riding a wave of form. I think if we shifted him and could bring in a replacement it would be best for everyone. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see bids for both our nigerians from forest as they slowly get drawn back into a relegation battle. 

I’ll be sad to see nacho go. But this was his first real chance to put his stamp on things and he’s just not done it. Always better off from the bench, which i guess tells a story. 

if we could get 20m for the lot that would be good business at this point and big wages off the books.  replace them with 2 10 m players on lower wages and we’d likely be improved. A lot will come down to whether cannon steps up but if he handles himself well. Then why not just get a proper #10, a striker suited to the system and a promising player on loan. 

that would be enough for the squad to get us over the line imo 

Is this the same Wilf who has been one of our best players this season and was massively missed throughout his injury before the international break? 

Easy to say just sign two 10m players on lower wages - but what happens if they don't gel and take a while to fit into the team? What does that then do to our promotion chances? Surely we won't weaken our squad at this stage and let key players walk way for free in the summer in the worst case scenario.

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Is this the same Wilf who has been one of our best players this season and was massively missed throughout his injury before the international break? 

Easy to say just sign two 10m players on lower wages - but what happens if they don't gel and take a while to fit into the team? What does that then do to our promotion chances? Surely we won't weaken our squad at this stage and let key players walk way for free in the summer in the worst case scenario.

well there’s 2 reasons, 1 is that he may drop off, which i think is very realistic as he was performing above his level in a role like that imo. 

The other is purely financial. if someone will pay 5 m for a player they can get for free in 6 months i feel like it’s worth it. 

There’s every chance that once he knows he’s leaving the effort level drops. I like to think it wouldn’t but we’ve seen it before. If the going gets tough and we start sliding you don’t really want to be relying on players with nothing to lose. 

• Like 1