Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

50 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Lewis Ferguson from Bologna.

Probably more of one we could only do in the summer providing we've gone up.

Could even throw Kristiansen in to sweeten the deal.

Spooky, I was looking at him only last week. He's their captain, can't be many British players gone abroad and made it as a captain in a top league. He seems a really good player.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Spooky, I was looking at him only last week. He's their captain, can't be many British players gone abroad and made it as a captain in a top league. He seems a really good player.

Interesting profile statistically too. Always classed him as more of a box to box midfielder breaking into the box, but his ball retention and ball winning has been brilliant this year. Could be the perfect Wilf replacement/upgrade

• Like 1

On 20/12/2023 at 13:26, LVFox said:

Lewis Ferguson from Bologna.

Probably more of one we could only do in the summer providing we've gone up.

Could even throw Kristiansen in to sweeten the deal.

I’ve watched some Bologna this season and I think we can do much better than him if we get promoted, especially for a player who’s normally in such an advanced role. He’s a bit of a clunky player but, hey, that’s just from the few games I’ve watched and I’m no top scout. He’s definitely a robust presence on the pitch.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think Ferguson could be got for 12-15 million in the prem, or even partly use collateral. I take commitment over any potential ability after the last couple of seasons in the Premier league. He doesn’t have to start every game either

£5m and Kristiansen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samarium62 said:

For center-backs we should be looking at Mees Hilgers or Arouna Sangante. Hilgers definitely has potential for the ball playing defender we’re looking for and Sangante reminds me a bit of a more aggressive Fofana.

Would certainly look at Sangante if we get promoted.

Have liked the look of him for Le Havre this season.

With Doyle returning, Vardy’s injury and upcoming AFCON what is the priority in January?

1. bring in a left sided defender

2. a striker

3. Tie down Ndidi to a new deal

4. Bring in competition/ a potential replacement for Wilf?

the cost of a striker probably rules this option out, though we could be relying a lot on the boy Cannon in coming weeks.

Not sure on the answer myself. Interesting to see where the club goes.

Edited by JimmyC74

We don't sign a striker unless we sell at least one. So that's off the list. Midfield competition/depth is probably the most important, both in terms of this season and once we're up. Loans with options to buy.  On that list option 3 and 4 are all kind of part of the same thing, so I'd stick that in as 1.

44 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

With Doyle returning, Vardy’s injury and upcoming AFCON what is the priority in January?

1. bring in a left sided defender

2. a striker

3. Tie down Ndidi to a new deal

4. Being in competition/ a potential replacement for Wilf?

the cost of a striker probably rules this option out, though we could be relying a lot on the boy Cannon in coming weeks.

Not sure on the answer myself. Interesting to see where the club goes.

A new defender would require Souttar to leave, who will be away with Australia until after the transfer window ahuts. With Doyle returning, I don't think it's a huge priority but would be nice.

I think an attacking midfielder who can play as an 8 or LW would be of interest to us, like Ilias Chair, Barco on loan if Man City sign him or Albert Gronbaek. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

A new defender would require Souttar to leave, who will be away with Australia until after the transfer window ahuts. With Doyle returning, I don't think it's a huge priority but would be nice.

I think an attacking midfielder who can play as an 8 or LW would be of interest to us, like Ilias Chair, Barco on loan if Man City sign him or Albert Gronbaek. 

...you may just have redeemed yourself!!!

If we do not pick up another player either in January or in the summer, this one is the player to go for. Intelligent, good on the ball, a bit Crouch-like and most importantly can finish. Steers the ball into the net, no need for pace, perhaps the rest of our forward line can learn something from him.

Transfer market has him at 10m euros, he is worth twice as much for our setup and style of play.

• Like 2

…this is the last one peeps!!!

It has been 11 years and having the opportunity to access a different perspective after games and to converse with some like-minded people has been a blessing.

I have noticed as a consequence of this forum, that my choice of words away from the forum has changed, and even if I am not using profanity in my post, I am still absorbing it via the posts that I read. It is not me, or how I converse with people, and this is now an appropriate time to move on.

I will miss posters such as @Volperazzo, @Gerblod, @Crispin and @MPH, and @Matt, a diehard supporter who is quite vocal and very passionate about what he feels, and I like his honesty. The imitable @FUCHSNTF I wish all the best in his journey.

We all have one thing in common: as a supporter of this club, but we are all not the same. We have different beliefs, political allegiances, and views on social interactions. There are posters on here who frown at diversity, who are condescending and downright patronising, I can’t say that I will be missing those.

All I look forward to is promotion this season and Maresca at the helm for the next 10 years, we can but hope.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It has been 11 years and having the opportunity to access a different perspective after games and to converse with some like-minded people has been a blessing.

I have noticed as a consequence of this forum, that my choice of words away from the forum has changed, and even if I am not using profanity in my post, I am still absorbing it via the posts that I read. It is not me, or how I converse with people, and this is now an appropriate time to move on.

I will miss posters such as @Volperazzo, @Gerblod, @Crispin and @MPH, and @Matt, a diehard supporter who is quite vocal and very passionate about what he feels, and I like his honesty. The imitable @FUCHSNTF I wish all the best in his journey.

We all have one thing in common: as a supporter of this club, but we are all not the same. We have different beliefs, political allegiances, and views on social interactions. There are posters on here who frown at diversity, who are condescending and downright patronising, I can’t say that I will be missing those.

All I look forward to is promotion this season and Maresca at the helm for the next 10 years, we can but hope.

Will be sad to see you go. It's genuinely been interesting reading your points of view. On our best days, every poster on here will be able to have a good exchange of views without resorting to arguments or tit-for-tat name-calling.

Honestly, I've thought about walking away from here numerous times, especially after reading match threads. But there's a lot of good on this forum, especially the tactics chat, and some of the funny stuff has had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. So I'm taking the rough with the smooth. Maybe one day I'll knock it on the head, who knows.

I'm sad to hear that you've been negatively impacted by others' words on this forum, but I applaud you for having the self-awareness to recognise it and do something about it. More power to you :thumbup:

Hopefully one day we'll see you back on the forum if you feel like joining again. If not, best of luck for the future - and all the best supporting the Foxes in all the other ways you do :scarf:

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I had a break for about 9 months from posting but kept an eye on threads (it's quite good if you can sit back and take in the good, the bad and the down right ugly differing views). Take a break, but do come back as differing, sensible opinions is good for healthy debate. Take care and keep watching. 

• Like 1

Was pretty impressed with their left back for most of the game yesterday. Think it was Bramell. Felt he probably gave Fatawu his most difficult game so far yesterday. 

Positioned himself well, was strong and fast and was half decent on the ball and a threat on the overlap. Could be worth keeping an eye on for thr remainder of the season.

5 hours ago, Simonb said:

Was pretty impressed with their left back for most of the game yesterday. Think it was Bramell. Felt he probably gave Fatawu his most difficult game so far yesterday. 

Positioned himself well, was strong and fast and was half decent on the ball and a threat on the overlap. Could be worth keeping an eye on for thr remainder of the season.

I really dont want to sound arrogant but hes a 27 year old at his peak at a struggling Rotherham you would hope our ambition is a little bit higher than this… 

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, les-tah said:

I really dont want to sound arrogant but hes a 27 year old at his peak at a struggling Rotherham you would hope our ambition is a little bit higher than this… 

My bad, couldn't be bothered to do my own research, just assumed he was younger.. yea at 27 scrap that. See if Doyle develops in to an epl player and try get a deal sorted

• Like 1