Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I love this guy

...I wonder if Fatawu or Mavididi watches things such as these, you just do not need to apply pace to a ball to score!!!

Lots of cutbacks here and good-timed layoffs, but this player understands his role and football. Players such as Mavididi and Fatawu need the extra coaching, just get them on a one-to-one after training and instil the need to add finesse and commonsense decisions to their game and we could save ourselves millions.

We cannot just hope they will evolve, we need to coach certain things into their games for them to become productive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Depending where you look, Gronbaek compared with KDH...

KDH - Championship 

Goals - 5

Assists - 6

Passes Accurate - 85.2%(43.38 per90)

Passes to final third - 68.8%(4.62 per90)

Accurate forward passes - 69.3%(9.78 per90)

Key Passes - 0.66

Accurate Progressive Passes - 75%

Gronbaek - Eliteserien 

Goals - 9

Assists - 7

Passes Accurate - 77.9%(27.07 per90)

Passes to final third - 73.8%(2.24 per90)

Accurate forward passes - 68.1%(6.69 per90)

Key passes - 0.96

Accurate Progressive Passes - 79%

If we do sign Gronbaek, it will be interesting to see how he fares when more emphasis is put on him when in possession. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If we do sign Gronbaek, it will be interesting to see how he fares when more emphasis is put on him when in possession.

...he does look as if he has the right temperament, he seems capable of playing in a robust league!!!

From the YouTube clips, he tries to stay on his feet whilst he is being pulled back, which just shows the strength of character, he plays much the same as KDH, he looks to drive forward and can pick a pass, should we pick him up in the January window I would not envisage any problems with him settling into our midfield.

37 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/9714575/man-city-transfer-valentin-barco-brighton-leicester/

According to Nixon, we’re gonna sign Valentin Barco on loan after Man City sign him.

Oh go on then pep… could potentially be shoe horned into being our inverted full back or maybe competition for Mavididi… looks like a talented lad either way 

7 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Oh go on then pep… could potentially be shoe horned into being our inverted full back or maybe competition for Mavididi… looks like a talented lad either way 

Looks more of a left winger to me don’t think he looks like Doyle competition and doesn’t look like he’d be Ricardo competition either?

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Looks more of a left winger to me don’t think he looks like Doyle competition and doesn’t look like he’d be Ricardo competition either?

He is very attacking, true. However he's very much considered a left back. Scouted Football did a great piece on him, and this quote stands out in particular:

"Barco’s 360-degree awareness is more characteristic of a veteran midfielder than a young wingback. In the era of inverting full-backs and the box midfield, this is what Brighton and Manchester City are paying for."

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

I keep hearing/seeing a lot of fans say we have a lot of depth in the squad, which I'm not so sure about. I personally think we need to sign 3/4 new players in Jan, left sided defender, forward/striker, and biggest hole for me is in CM. We only have Winks, no one else can play like him/in that role, as we have seen over the last couple of weeks. 

Also losing 4 players to AFCON. All 4 players in our matchday squad, maybe except from Daka, are quite crucial to how we play. 

I just think we are pretty light, maybe not for the Championship (as all other fans will say) but need to start thinking about next year. 

And for gods sake please sell at least 2 keepers, that is a joke how many we have! 

Below is the current squad. Those in bold are unlikely to be here next season, if not sooner. Possibly Wilf & Vards as well.

Therefore, a bit of forward planning where possible wouldn’t be a bad idea. Although for that to happen we probably need players out the door first, which I think we will struggle with, especially with AFCON. 

Therefore, not sure we’ll do much business, although a left footed defender would probably be top of my list in Jan if we’re able to shift anyone. 

Hermansen / Stolarczyk / Ward / Iversen

Ricardo/ ? 

Faes / Souttar

Vestergaard / Coady

Doyle/ Justin 

Winks / Hamza / Braybrooke

Ndidi / Casadei 

KDH / Praet 

Fatawu / Yunus

Vardy / Cannon / Iheanacho / Daka

Mavididi / McAteer / Alves

• Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 22:29, Lesta2014 said:

Sammy Szmodics, midfielder, energy, scores goals. Ideal for us as an 8. 

They won't sell him, they'd be nuts to and if we tried to buy him we'd be charged considerable Leicester Tax and rightfully so. 

He's also 28 and having a significant purple patch. His career to date has looked nothing like this. 

And Blackburn play a high pressing, intense 4231 where he's given a considerable amount of freedom to roam as a 10. 

A lot of his best attributes that JDT has gotten out of him this year would be wasted here. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They won't sell him, they'd be nuts to and if we tried to buy him we'd be charged considerable Leicester Tax and rightfully so. 

He's also 28 and having a significant purple patch. His career to date has looked nothing like this. 

And Blackburn play a high pressing, intense 4231 where he's given a considerable amount of freedom to roam as a 10. 

A lot of his best attributes that JDT has gotten out of him this year would be wasted here. 

That’s as far as my scouting goes I’m afraid :D.  I just want a goal scoring midfielder, anyone got any ideas? Didn’t realise he was 28, thought he was more 23/24 with room for improvement! 

I think if we’ve got a decent lead at the top in January we might pick up some signings who are out of contract in the Summer but would ordinarily go to Premier League clubs. Fornals is out of contract in the Summer, maybe available for a low millions and could offer a creative option in the middle that we seem to be lacking. Wouldn’t be my first choice ordinarily but we do need some invention in the middle.