Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

On 14/12/2023 at 19:59, Simonb said:

If a decent winger like diallo is realistic, Albrighton out on loan.

Thought he looked pretty good in his recent appearance 

On 14/12/2023 at 19:59, Simonb said:

Chair or the lad from Huddersfield, diarra?

Might be a bit shit :ph34r:

Edited by WigstonWanderer

11 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Thought he looked pretty good in his recent appearance 

Might be a bit shit :ph34r:

I saw diarra and he was OK..  others seem to rate him. Not fussed myself.

Yea I agree Albrighton was decent, but he is only used in emergencies now, barely makes the squad. Like Vardy, I love sharky, but his times up now

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 17:30, Gravel said:

Didn't warrant another thread but on Talkspunk earlier Gabi Agbonlahor was asked about a Jan transfer for KDH.

Said he was too good for Championship but should go to a bottom 10 prem team such as Brentford. Isn't good enough for Villa.

Waste of air.

Sigh, seems even when we not in the EPL the media are still trying to rip our squad apart.

We top of the table, so makes little sense for KDH to move to a lower table EPL club.

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

Given Vardy injury record, Cannon's inexperience Iheanacho & Daka off to AFCON (and probably leaving during window p at  season end), I think a greater priority for a goal scorer is need than seems to be the case. It appears every name mentioned is a midfielder or defender.

I can only assume we’re confident Daka and Kel will stay till end of the season and Vardy/Cannon will be enough whilst they’re away.

Mavididi started as a striker and Mcateer filled in there briefly earlier this season. 

maybe not a huge priority in Jan but should be in the summer - whether we go up or not 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Jordan James really impressed me tonight, very much like Scott Wharton and Hayden Hackney they are young dynamic central midfielders that have the potential to be PL class.

Been linked with Jordan James before 

Jordan James and James Justin in the same team…. Gerrrrrimin

On 11/12/2023 at 17:30, Gravel said:

Didn't warrant another thread but on Talkspunk earlier Gabi Agbonlahor was asked about a Jan transfer for KDH.

Said he was too good for Championship but should go to a bottom 10 prem team such as Brentford. Isn't good enough for Villa.

Waste of air.

That's a fair assessment though on KDH ability, I do think we have a great chance of finishing above Brentford next season, so it's a bit short sited.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Jordan James really impressed me tonight, very much like Scott Wharton and Hayden Hackney they are young dynamic central midfielders that have the potential to be PL class.

He really impressed me! Definitely one to keep an eye on.

His first goal was excellent.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

First time I'd seen him. Can't make my mind up on whether I thought he was decent, or just the stand out in a crap team. Personally felt like sky were building him up too much due to him being from the academy that the Bellinghams have just vacated.

Did like his grit though and was pretty composed on the ball. Another McTominay maybe.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Simonb said:

First time I'd seen him. Can't make my mind up on whether I thought he was decent, or just the stand out in a crap team. Personally felt like sky were building him up too much due to him being from the academy that the Bellinghams have just vacated.

Did like his grit though and was pretty composed on the ball. Another McTominay maybe.

When we were linked to him earlier in the year I knew zero about him. There's a good article written on him, will try and find it. I think he's very good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

The touches and movement for both goals show that he is a baller. Nobody has come close to scoring that sort of goal against us this season, most usually come from defensive lapses, deflections or hit and hopes, that first goal was genuine top level class.

It sounds like he's only just started playing in a more advanced role too.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Simonb said:

The "Bellinghams" of the world will be why Birmingham will charge through the nose for future graduates like Jordan James who, in reality, will probably become solid players while getting nowhere near the level of Jude (not many will, ).

He looks good, James, however they'll demand mad money, especially now financially stable, and I'm not sure the potential is enough to warrant a large outlay of funds. 

• Like 2

I was impressed with Jordan James looked a decent player and one who would no doubt thrive in a better team. He is also versatile as he can play the holding role too, would be a good addition in the January window to add depth to the midfield and would fit the profile of player we seem to be going for. He would really kick on under Maresca’s guidance 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Hopefully Enzo notices player like Jordan James and others, from this division. Much less of a risk than signing players from abroad, such as Soumaré.

Christ no! Let’s not go back to the Stone Age.

Hopefully our recruitment team have him and dozens of others on their radar.

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I was impressed with Jordan James looked a decent player and one who would no doubt thrive in a better team. He is also versatile as he can play the holding role too, would be a good addition in the January window to add depth to the midfield and would fit the profile of player we seem to be going for. He would really kick on under Maresca’s guidance 

Read a few comments on Birmingham twitter that it was his first good performance in a while. Young obviously so that's no surprise, but that's certainly not the level he's been putting in most weeks by the sounds of things.

For all Rooney's faults it sounds like he's the one who has asked him to play as an 8 rather than a 6, similar to N'Didi this season.