Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Eiran Cashin at Derby could be a very interesting back up to Callum Doyle. Souttar is bound to move on so another CB who can play that LCB role is essential.

if we’re looking at league 1, then it’s a damn shame ronnie edwards is right footed. 

used to playing in a 3. Excellent distribution. Destined for the top and another half season in league 1 has been good for him. 

Id still be keen for us to look at him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CloudFox said:

We need a goalscoring 8, Doyle-esque left back and cover for Winks.

I'd suggest we also need a striker and a left winger to push Mavididi, but I don't think those will happen. An 8 is critical.

Agreed. I wish we had managed to get Tommy Doyle in the summer on loan. He could have been a great back up to winks but also cover that more advanced I believe. Maresca must have had talks with his man city contacts. I still hope Cesare can come good though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CloudFox said:

We need a goalscoring 8, Doyle-esque left back and cover for Winks.

I'd suggest we also need a striker and a left winger to push Mavididi, but I don't think those will happen. An 8 is critical.

Agree with the first line. I think we need to move forward on the assumption we likely won't sign Doyle.  We need to get rid of both Daka and Nacho and find another Striker (though this could be expensive).  We have to get rid of those 2 and reset.

I don't think we need another winger.  Because our threat through the center of the pitch is poor, we make it easier to double up the wingers. 

Dare i say it, if we are able to find attacking midfielders i would be happy to let KDH go for a half decent fee. His energy is his best attribute, but i don't think we need that anymore. We would be much better served by someone a bit more skillful and direct. 

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Agreed. I wish we had managed to get Tommy Doyle in the summer on loan. He could have been a great back up to winks but also cover that more advanced I believe. Maresca must have had talks with his man city contacts. I still hope Cesare can come good though. 

Cesare to be fair had a couple of good games before the Leeds game, he was off it in that but wasn’t the only one.

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Agree with the first line. I think we need to move forward on the assumption we likely won't sign Doyle.  We need to get rid of both Daka and Nacho and find another Striker (though this could be expensive).  We have to get rid of those 2 and reset.

I don't think we need another winger.  Because our threat through the center of the pitch is poor, we make it easier to double up the wingers. 

Dare i say it, if we are able to find attacking midfielders i would be happy to let KDH go for a half decent fee. His energy is his best attribute, but i don't think we need that anymore. We would be much better served by someone a bit more skillful and direct. 

The only reason I say about another LW is because I think Stephy is being overplayed. When he's on it, he's electric, but when he's not I don't see that we have many options to replace him, unless McAteer gets back to his early season form (🤞).

KDH is currently our most creative, goalscoring 8. That's a big burden on him—he can't do everything. He needs a high-level partner to pull their weight. Hamza isn't an 8, Ricky P is our best inverted full back, Ndidi is out at the mo, as is Akgun, and Casadei is young/inconsistent/inexperienced. One good 8 would make a huge difference. Maybe that will be Akgun eventually.

I know I've omitted Praet, but I'm skeptical he will play much. Reckon he'll leave in Jan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teblin said:

Cesare to be fair had a couple of good games before the Leeds game, he was off it in that but wasn’t the only one.

Very true. That’s the problem with our recent results. Too many players have dropped their form and effort. We do miss Wilf but let’s be honest we really miss Maddison. His ability to transistion between midfield and attack and his creativity around the box, plus goals, would have made a massive difference to this team. Still we have to move on. 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

KDH has got 11 goals and assists. Think it’s the highest in the league, have to keep him. We need another attacking 8 to help. Gus Hamer would’ve been great but someone of his ilk would be nice and I think it would see us promoted comfortably 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder if chris richards would be a good shout. Injuries have stopped his palace career getting started. Also very comfortable on the left. Not getting in ahead of Guehi and anderson any time soon. 

id think he’s worth a punt at 23

BF672BB4-E3B2-4608-A6E3-D44332AA8C69.jpeg

I like Richards, but I think we need a left footer there. I don't think it's a coincidence that Mavididi's and KDH's threat in the final third has dropped off since he's been out.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

I like Richards, but I think we need a left footer there. I don't think it's a coincidence that Mavididi's and KDH's threat in the final third has dropped off since he's been out.

personally if budget allows i’d consider 2. 

If the deal is right and we believe they can play in the prem.  i just like the idea of a player who can seemingly cover all 4 of our back 4 spots. 

we will need a cb in the summer so it all depends on if we already have targets set. But having 6 months to bed in could be huge for us. 

Or we could end up going up and signing someone like Bassey who can’t get up to speed. i’d rather find that out now. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder if chris richards would be a good shout. Injuries have stopped his palace career getting started. Also very comfortable on the left. Not getting in ahead of Guehi and anderson any time soon. 

id think he’s worth a punt at 23

BF672BB4-E3B2-4608-A6E3-D44332AA8C69.jpeg

The feeling among Palace fans is that they may well be selling some big assets for big money in the summer with a very real chance Guehi is one to move on. If that does happen to be the case they'd probably be against selling someone already on the books that could slot in. Also as a prem transfer it'd probably be quite overpriced.

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

The feeling among Palace fans is that they may well be selling some big assets for big money in the summer with a very real chance Guehi is one to move on. If that does happen to be the case they'd probably be against selling someone already on the books that could slot in. Also as a prem transfer it'd probably be quite overpriced.

...I wanted Richards here before he went to Palace!!!

Good player, he would have suited us, my only reservation was the way he chose to go into a tackle, always appeared to leave himself open for a bad injury. After the Fofana injury, you start to become aware of the problems when a valuable cog is not available and is out of stock for a while. 

Understandably a lot of wants but just I don't see a budget for them. We'll have to sell before we buy and don't see much revenue incoming for an injured Praet, a Daka that's lost value for not being played and Souttar similar. Don't see us letting Iheanacho go as bar an untested Canon we've only got an aged Vardy. No point in signing another mediocre striker that would be surplus to requirements in the Premiership should we get there as Vardy will need replacing also.

January a not so great expensive market too. Don't see much happening really. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Understandably a lot of wants but just I don't see a budget for them. We'll have to sell before we buy and don't see much revenue incoming for an injured Praet, a Daka that's lost value for not being played and Souttar similar. Don't see us letting Iheanacho go as bar an untested Canon we've only got an aged Vardy. No point in signing another mediocre striker that would be surplus to requirements in the Premiership should we get there as Vardy will need replacing also.

January a not so great expensive market too. Don't see much happening really. 

We will need to weigh up the Premier League tax and less time to bed new players in that we wait to sign in the summer rather than a few targets in January.

Will all depend on the next 6 weeks. If we go on another strong run, 

and are approaching 60 points then we could take calculated risks on a couple.

The value of getting players like Sebastian Nanasi in after their season has finished and 6 months to get used to us before trying to do it in the summer would be a deal I'd be looking at. Likewise Faris Moumbagna from Bodo/Glimt.

• Like 1