Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I just wonder how much someone would cost who has Vestergaard's skill set as a centre half and also pace. Probably out of our price bracket?

We worry about that when we're a prem team again. Becomes more realistic then. 

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I just wonder how much someone would cost who has Vestergaard's skill set as a centre half and also pace. Probably out of our price bracket?

I was going to suggest Perr Schuurs at Torino, but he's just done his ACL.

Although...maybe that means he's perfect!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

There will be some proper meltdowns if we strengthen won't there lol

A real possibility we decide not to do anything in January and just wait until the summer when the pool of players willing to move to us is far greater.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sebastian Nanasi at Malmo the standout attainable ACM this season IMO, he'd cost £5-6m max.

This however, is one I'd love to see done in Jan. 

• Like 2

On 22/10/2023 at 17:29, Sly said:

The big question remains, what do you do with the players that are expiring come June 2024?  

Marc Albrighton

Jannik Vestergaard

Dennis Praet

Jamie Vardy

Wilfred Ndidi

Kelechi Iheanacho

Luke Thomas

Wanya Marçal

Callum Doyle

Ceser Casadei

Yunus Akgun

Issahaku Fatawu

Alex Smithies

We could do with addressing some of those before January ideally. 

We’ll need to shift Iversen, Souttar, Daka and Ward I would imagine. 

Sell or get Ndidi/Nacho to sign new contracts, some are loans,  of the 6 that are our players sell what you can, we can probably get rid of Vestegaard in January, sure he's playing well enough now but isn't the answer in the premiership. If he wants to sign a new contract on half the terms why not.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not the most exciting of signings but I really like Tommy Conway at Bristol City, not sure we'd get value for money though. There's similar or better abroad we'd get for half the price but that's the difficulty in buying young British players.

Kwame Poku from Peterborough ?

Other than a keeper or two, the only players I can see moving on are Souttar, Praet and Daka.

Sebastian Nanasi has been mentioned on here and would be a great Praet replacement. 

Ronnie Edwards has really improved defensively at Peterborough this year and could be a good centre back option as either a Faes backup or long term central ball player. 

And I don't think we bother replacing Daka at all as Cannon should do the job.

10 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

Need a striker as we will be losing a few during AFCON someone short term Danny Ings might do a job

That's hopefully what Cannon is for.

Still, a lot to pin on a player that's been out injured since we signed him.

I don't think we sign a striker until the summer, when Iheanacho is out of contract, Daka may well leave, and Vardy likely renews for another year.

Edited by CloudFox

I hope we are active in January, but believe we’d need to sell/loan out in order to get people in, getting rid of two keepers would be a good start. I can see Daka going now cannon is fit too. That would leave us 3 spaces in the 25 man squad I think unless we go for youngsters who don’t need registering.