Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sunak: only the Tories can keep us all safe.

Tories, 3 hours later: sorry lads we’ve leaked everyone’s emails.

He has a certain arrogance and his speech earlier came across as if he was talking to people beneath him, as well as being robotic, which hasn't changed over time.

• Like 1

I read a lot of press releases. A lot of them are for pretty useless research or piss poor science. Nothing has left me feeling "What is the fvcking point?" more than this...because what is the fvcking point?

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I read a lot of press releases. A lot of them are for pretty useless research or piss poor science. Nothing has left me feeling "What is the fvcking point?" more than this...because what is the fvcking point?

So I assume you have to drink twice as much.

Brewers are going to love this!

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Also I heard on the radio recently a scientist who said that when you hear these kind of claims, 95% should have (in mice) added on the end. At least this one does that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Also I heard on the radio recently a scientist who said that when you hear these kind of claims, 95% should have (in mice) added on the end. At least this one does that.

That is so true!

Posted (edited)

I find this Georgia stuff a bit weird unless I’m not fully getting it? The basis being that any political party or organisation gaining 20% of their income from foreign countries have to declare it as such. Now I get the implication that this is modelled on a Russian law (so bad), but in this country, if you asked people if political parties should be allowed to be funded by foreign states, you’d say absolutely no chance. 

Edited by Lionator

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Next time I'm out-out, I'm gonna get 4 sober, gelled mice and a pumpkin to take me home. 

On 11/05/2024 at 10:14, st albans fox said:

Assuming that instagram aren’t over stating the posts this should be concerning to all of us re our kids 

image.thumb.png.d56b048389f8de2dbc4aea3ab1b2d7ba.png

Funnily enough I've just seen an article on BBC about how a Ukrainian girl was tricked by Chinese bots to convince Ukrainians to support Russia. 

16 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

At least the mice in this test have had a decent gig, the poor bastards on the

other side of the corridor were probably being injected with some terrible disease.

36 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Rumours of a big defection from Tories to Labour today or tomorrow. Some even suggesting it’s an ex-PM though that seems a bit far fetched.

#Boris4Labour

41 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Rumours of a big defection from Tories to Labour today or tomorrow. Some even suggesting it’s an ex-PM though that seems a bit far fetched.

I want to see them walk out WWE style. 

*Music Starts* 

giphy.webp

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Funnily enough I've just seen an article on BBC about how a Ukrainian girl was tricked by Chinese bots to convince Ukrainians to support Russia. 

Just seen that article myself. What a scary ****ing world we live in when people can make up fake stuff you said 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Just seen that article myself. What a scary ****ing world we live in when people can make up fake stuff you said 

I’ve spent way too long this past week or two going down rabbit holes on twitter relating to the politics of the Middle East. If I wasn’t ‘balanced’ and I was easily led then the basic untruths being put out there as facts would get stuck pretty easily. Infact you wouldn’t need to be easily led - just having a slight leaning to one side or another and whoosh - you’re gone! 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve spent way too long this past week or two going down rabbit holes on twitter relating to the politics of the Middle East. If I wasn’t ‘balanced’ and I was easily led then the basic untruths being put out there as facts would get stuck pretty easily. Infact you wouldn’t need to be easily led - just having a slight leaning to one side or another and whoosh - you’re gone! 

It’s not that. It was a Ukrainian girl and there were AI videos of her on channels of 300,000 subscribers making out her to say pro-Russia and China stuff she doesn’t believe in a language she doesn’t speak. It’s frightening stuff.

here’s the article https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c25rre8ww57o.amp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

At least the mice in this test have had a decent gig, the poor bastards on the

other side of the corridor were probably being injected with some terrible disease.

Mouse 1: What we getting injected with today?

Mouse 2: Who cares? Now shut up and drink your extra beer!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s not that. It was a Ukrainian girl and there were AI videos of her on channels of 300,000 subscribers making out her to say pro-Russia and China stuff she doesn’t believe in a language she doesn’t speak. It’s frightening stuff.

here’s the article https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c25rre8ww57o.amp

The basic point is that there is pretty much no ‘policing’ of the supposed ‘safe’ social media  platforms - seeing is no longer believing. We are headed into a very murky future 

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

Rumoured to be T May. Not sure how I feel about it.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Rumoured to be T May. Not sure how I feel about it.

I'd be interested to know what Starmer hopes to gain by making a big thing about that, other than the short term gain of sticking the knife in further to Sunak until he bursts.

Will die hard corbynites, for example, be able to vote for a Party that contains Theresa May?

Also, the more MPs that defect to Labour, the more likely a vote of No confidence in Sunak is , which is not what Labour wants, i'd imagine... would suit them more to keep him limping on to an election?

Edited by MPH

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

I'd be interested to know what Starmer hopes to gain by making a big thing about that, other than the short term gain of sticking the knife in further to Sunak until he bursts.

Will die hard corbynites, for example, be able to vote for a Party that contains Theresa May?

Also, the more MPs that defect to Labour, the more likely a vote of No confidence in Sunak is , which is not what Labour wants, i'd imagine... would suit them more to keep him limping on to an election?

Its a huge statement to right of centre conservatives that their party is completely ****ed and even an ex pm is defecting to labour. 

Whilst they may lose a few corbynites,

They potentially stand to gain alot more floating voters. More importantly is the fact many more MSM outlets will not want to back a loser, and are much more likely to support labour at the next election, which we all know makes a huge difference. 

Back to the corbynites, they had there chance, lost to Boris twice, it's time for a new direction with a labour party that is more pragmatic and understands it doesn't matter how good your policies may be, you need to win an election to implement them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Back to the corbynites, they had there chance, lost to Boris twice, it's time for a new direction with a labour party that is more pragmatic and understands it doesn't matter how good your policies may be, you need to win an election to implement them.

Once ? 
other time was may ??