Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Based on Cameron's "nothing will stop arm shipments to Israel" quotes today. How far do you think that would go?

If Israel nuked Rafah tomorrow like some of the hardliners have called for, would we still be sending them bombs?

We don’t sell them bombs now so why would we start in that scenario? (Which is clearly not happening under any circumstances). 

we issue licences to some exporters who sell ‘military equipment’ but it’s less than 1% of their military imports 

we could withdraw those licences but I would be asking in what context that equipment was being used before making any decisions 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t sell them bombs now so why would we start in that scenario? (Which is clearly not happening under any circumstances). 

we issue licences to some exporters who sell ‘military equipment’ but it’s less than 1% of their military imports 

we could withdraw those licences but I would be asking in what context that equipment was being used before making any decisions 

I feel we should be doing more to pressure them not to proceed with Rafah. It's going to be brutal, even if IDF are not gungho, civilians will still absolutely get caught up in it. (And yes I know we should also be hammering Hamas to release the hostages).

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I feel we should be doing more to pressure them not to proceed with Rafah. It's going to be brutal, even if IDF are not gungho, civilians will still absolutely get caught up in it. (And yes I know we should also be hammering Hamas to release the hostages).

If Hamas made a ceasefire deal that actually agreed to release all the hostages in a timely fashion over the three six week windows (that’s not what was proposed on Monday) then Israel would really have little justification for entering Rafah other than to finish off the last four battalions. If the hostages are all freed (though many will likely be dead), then I don’t think BN can carry his war cabinet with him ref a full on Rafah attack. 

Hamas will hang onto those hostages (dead or alive) for as long as they possibly can. If they really thought Israel were coming into rafah full on then I suspect they may have to deal. 

a real ceasefire deal exposes BN and his govt - I’m still of the opinion that Hamas are happier to have a right wing Israeli govt waging war on them than a more pragmatic administration looking to do deals.  The Americans need to work this out and try to isolate Hamas militarily because that will do the same with netenyahu’s govt. what they seem to have achieved last couple days is to embolden Hamas. 

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If Hamas made a ceasefire deal that actually agreed to release all the hostages in a timely fashion over the three six week windows (that’s not what was proposed on Monday) then Israel would really have little justification for entering Rafah other than to finish off the last four battalions. If the hostages are all freed (though many will likely be dead), then I don’t think BN can carry his war cabinet with him ref a full on Rafah attack. 

Hamas will hang onto those hostages (dead or alive) for as long as they possibly can. If they really thought Israel were coming into rafah full on then I suspect they may have to deal. 

a real ceasefire deal exposes BN and his govt - I’m still of the opinion that Hamas are happier to have a right wing Israeli govt waging war on them than a more pragmatic administration looking to do deals.  The Americans need to work this out and try to isolate Hamas militarily because that will do the same with netenyahu’s govt. what they seem to have achieved last couple days is to embolden Hamas. 

Israel, Ukraine, Korea, Mayamar, Maghreb, Sudan, Ethiopia, Mexico, Somalia, Syria etc

They’re all boiling pots that are waiting to overspill for a while. 

Whichever side you were on, violence is not the answer. We all know this, however the primal reaction is to fight and flex muscle. The concern is how far will people go. 

You’ve only got to look how long it took us to get some level of peace in Ireland. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think if Israel truly wanted to go into Rafah they would have done so by now. I’m not saying they won’t..  but they keep delaying and delaying and delaying to  try and get a hostage deal in place.

the only thing they have as leverage is the impending doom of a full scale Rafah invasion to counter the swell of international pressure that Hamas has obtained on their side..

14 hours ago, Sly said:

Israel, Ukraine, Korea, Mayamar, Maghreb, Sudan, Ethiopia, Mexico, Somalia, Syria etc

They’re all boiling pots that are waiting to overspill for a while. 

Whichever side you were on, violence is not the answer. We all know this, however the primal reaction is to fight and flex muscle. The concern is how far will people go. 

You’ve only got to look how long it took us to get some level of peace in Ireland. 

But it’s only escalating. We were very fortunate a couple of weeks back that Iran ended up backing down after their attack. If they hadn’t then that was the casus belli. We’re one step away from global war. Basically the West v Iran and Russia. The unknown variables is if Saudi would stay on the side of US allies (I think they would) and then China who I think would sit out of it and then go wherever the wind blows. Bunker down folks and maybe start seeing potassium iodine stocks are like.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Both parties' social media is absolutely fvcking awful. Posting shit memes with proper "how do you do, fellow kids" energy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Both parties' social media is absolutely fvcking awful. Posting shit memes with proper "how do you do, fellow kids" energy. 

Voiceover: It was then that RoboFox decided the life of a social media manager was not for him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

see, you can’t tell me that ‘ evolution’ is working for the betterment of mankind when you see some of those Eurovision contestants..

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

This Natalie Elphick affair seems a bad bit of business for labour. They’ve taken a Tory problem and made it their own. Starmer’s  judgement is also in question. Rubbish decision to let her in.

She's clearly only crossed over to Labour for selfish reasons as she knows the Tories are likely to be wiped out! And she sees it as the best chance to keep her job and expenses. Certainly hasn't done it for ideological reasons.  If reports are to be believed she's as corrupt as others. Certainly has no morality or ethics.

7 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

She's clearly only crossed over to Labour for selfish reasons as she knows the Tories are likely to be wiped out! And she sees it as the best chance to keep her job and expenses. Certainly hasn't done it for ideological reasons.  If reports are to be believed she's as corrupt as others. Certainly has no morality or ethics.

I think she has said she is not standing at the next election 

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure how anyone could think she’s in it for herself….  :ph34r:

She married Charlie Elphicke in 1995; he is the former Conservative Party MP for Dover.[46] The couple have a son and a daughter.[2][47] After Charlie's conviction in July 2020 for sexual assault, Natalie announced that they had separated after a 25-year marriage.[48] After he was sentenced in September to two years in jail for the offences, Elphicke spoke out in support of his appeal against the conviction and sentencing, as, although she felt that he had "behaved badly", she thought the sentence was "excessive" and criticised the court as being "on a bit of a mission".[49][50] After he lost his appeal in March 2021, she was reported as having ended the marriage.[51] In July 2020, she sold the story to The Sun tabloid newspaper for £25,000.[52] The couple were divorced in 2021.[53][54]

Edited by MPH

On 11/05/2024 at 10:14, st albans fox said:

Assuming that instagram aren’t over stating the posts this should be concerning to all of us re our kids 

image.thumb.png.d56b048389f8de2dbc4aea3ab1b2d7ba.png

Why is it worrying? People (especially kids) genuinely have less interest in China related stuff because it’s so far removed from our way of life both politically and geographically.

It’s not as if these kids are going to growing up as Xi apologists. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Why is it worrying? People (especially kids) genuinely have less interest in China related stuff because it’s so far removed from our way of life both politically and geographically.

It’s not as if these kids are going to growing up as Xi apologists. 

It’s worrying because if kids are spending a lot of time on TikTok (which they are) then their view of the world is clearly going  to be from a Chinese slanted perspective based on that graph. 

I’ve spent a lot of time in China amongst people who are very well educated and have travelled extensively in the west  (mainly for business )

their view of world affairs is very different to ours and lacks balance. Please don’t think that china’s govt influence is restricted purely to south East Asian affairs  (just as the USA ‘meddle’ in every corner of the globe) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

THIS is why Starmer took Elphicke in.

Tory MPs can’t even trust their own party any more; they’d be staying under duress, the threat of exposure for any wrongdoing that they’ve clearly been stocking up on to use against any MP if they dared to step out of line. And in waiting until after Elphicke left to expose her, they’ve exposed themselves for sitting on scandals until they’re public or politically expedient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

THIS is why Starmer took Elphicke in.

Tory MPs can’t even trust their own party any more; they’d be staying under duress, the threat of exposure for any wrongdoing that they’ve clearly been stocking up on to use against any MP if they dared to step out of line. And in waiting until after Elphicke left to expose her, they’ve exposed themselves for sitting on scandals until they’re public or politically expedient.

This is literally the role of the whips office, in both parties.