Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

There's now a pattern - The reality is.... We're offensively awful.

Guest Sideshow Faes

People need to calm down.

We were pushing them right back second half.

We don't quite have the personnel I'd say, certainly on the bench.

But we deserved to find a winner second half before they got it.

We have become too predictable it doesn't help when Enzo says in public that we not going to change so now even the opposition know how to beat us.

Watford will come to KP next week with the same game plan as Leeds and Middleboro, for me we need to play a completely different game to catch teams out. 

Another issue I have that in the main are strikers have been mostly ineffective whether it's them or the system we play. We need to throw Cannon into the mix pretty soon see if he can make a difference up front.

• Like 2

Playing number 9 in this system isn’t easy, Vardy’s probably not got enough technique (outside of world class finishing) to be consistently the number 9 and Iheanacho hasn’t really shone under Enzo as we would’ve expected him to. Cannon surely is more aligned with the skillset that Enzo wants and maybe another alternative needs to be sourced in the January window. The other option is to move Mavididi into an alternative central choice with his ability to beat a man. This would at least create chaos and space for wingers and our number 8’s. 

15 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We don't shoot from distance (I recall hearing that KDH was told off for doing so early in the season).

If you insist on always pass, pass, passing it in, using close interplay, and never shooting from distance, you deny yourself a potential alternative route to victory.

I thought a couple of times today the player stopped himself from shooting, then had to pause and work out what the hell else to do

• Like 3

I think at this level all our wide players are capable of hitting the byline and attacking the final third on their correct side, left footer playing left , right footer on the right. Teams are doubling up inside and congesting it up. If Mavadidi had a left foot he’d have scored into an empty net too. It’s worth swapping sides during the game at least. I think Fatawu particularly would have the pace to go past on any side. We do look stale and predictable at the minute up front so something has to change.

• Like 2

Lost to a shite Boro team, they didn't offer anything second half but the goal. That's what happens when you don't take endless chances 

Enzo has got it wrong during the game again today imo. He didn't do enough Vs Leeds with subs, and the same today. Iheanacho was shite today. Should have been taken off on the hour. 

Mavididi poor too, he never seems to like taking him off. 

Desperately miss Ndidi more and more, hope he can replace Winks for Watford at home. 

We need to win that game, Leeds and Soton have more than got their act together. Leeds play on the Friday so can be 5 points behind us. I'll be really concerned if we don't beat Watford, and Sheff Wed too to that matter. Both dogshit

Just now, ceebeefox said:

I think at this level all our wide players are capable of hitting the byline and attacking the final third on their correct side, left footer playing left , right footer on the right. Teams are doubling up inside and congesting it up. If Mavadidi had a left foot he’d have scored into an empty net too. It’s worth swapping sides during the game at least. I think Fatawu particularly would have the pace to go past on any side. We do look stale and predictable at the minute up front so something has to change.

Pretty sure they were swapping earlier in the season, too?

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

People need to calm down.

We were pushing them right back second half.

We don't quite have the personnel I'd say, certainly on the bench.

But we deserved to find a winner second half before they got it.

But isn't what your saying exactly what the topic is about?  We can push teams back all we like, but we still aren't threatening when we do so. We look no more likely to score when we are 20 yards from goals than we do passing ball for five minutes aimlessly around the back 4. 

All that happens when we move further up the pitch is that the game gets more condensed and we don't have attackers good enough to play in those tighter spaces.

Of course people are emotive but don’t feel there have been as many “OTT” posts as some have suggested.

Enzo and his mid game management have definitely been lacking the past couple of games when most needed him.

I also hope that I don’t hear RL say he’s smiling after a defeat like the previous two, at first that’s a cute response but further on in the season it’s ignorance to our issues.

• Like 1

For all the comparison that have been made I personally don't think we've been anything like Man City.

Yes we've dominated possession but for all the joke and jibes about people shouting "Forwards!" we largely have been very front footed and forwards, I've found it very entertaining, exciting and rather enjoyable (And there is more to it than just because we've been winning) it's quite clear in the modern game I've got to be the one who changes and accepts possession based football, if this/that/what we've seen for most of this season is the compromise I have to make then so be it but it's polar opposites to what we've seen in the last few years and nothing like Man City imo - they much like the last two seasons with ourselves bore the life out of me.

Now, in the last 2 games, it seems we've been found out a little.

Without contradicting myself I do believe, like most/all modern managers Enzo is a "If Plan A isn't working, do Plan A better" type, but we have shown under him (Whether he likes it or not) we can be flexible, play in different ways and we can grind games out, however, we need to work on that, alot!

In this division I can see why we play the way we are and it's bought us success in games more often than not, but you can't play in a one size fits all style all the time, you get found out, it's arguably easy to play against and you can almost predict what we're going to do.

I get it in this division, teams are gonna play against us and defend, put players behind the ball and when we make mistakes playing this way against them it often goes unpunished and it just come across as abit impotent, however if/when we go up I foresee big problems playing this way and i'm not sure I could excuse or legislate for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
6 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

But isn't what your saying exactly what the topic is about?  We can push teams back all we like, but we still aren't threatening when we do so. We look no more likely to score when we are 20 yards from goals than we do passing ball for five minutes aimlessly around the back 4. 

All that happens when we move further up the pitch is that the game gets more condensed and we don't have attackers good enough to play in those tighter spaces.

We're one of the top scoring teams in the division.

At some point people need to realise that football has changed in the last 10-15 years.

Watch virtually any match and it's about control of the ball, not bombing downfield as fast as possible. 

You are really saying something similar to me in the last bit, yes we don't quite have the personnel, but we've won 11 out of 14 (or something) and could easily have won today when Nacho hit the post.

We aren't passing the ball around the back aimlessly. We're trying to move their players around. It actually worked quite well but we couldn't find the killer ball or killer touch. 

Football has changed. It's boring now. Sorry, that's the reality. I only watch lcfc these days because football in general has become slow and predictable. There's no point in complaining about it as if it's only us that this applies to.