Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Things you never see anymore

17 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Ah this used to elevate playing cowboys with mates to a higher level. Biggest thing was to accuse someone of not taking their shots

Quite annoying when the roll of caps got stuck in the gun.

I remember savouring the smell of the caps as the went off.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, davieG said:

image.png.7b72c214a964d133c545595763634e17.png

Not quite the currency, but I do recall working at the bus depot on Abbey Park as whipper snapper cleaning graffiti off the buses

i remember going up to this lady in the pay office in a Friday afternoon who had the most amazingly large mole on her face….  It was massive!!!   It was so distracting when being  paid my cash wages in a brown envelope…

Anyone old enough to remember ‘All in the game’ a football competition shown on ITV in the 70,s that comprised of fitness and skills events such as beat the goalie and free kicks over a wall that were then put in a basket by the keeper.  I think half a dozen First Division clubs(inc Leicester)and some Scottish teams took part.   The legends that were Dickie Davies and Brian Moore were the hosts.  I can’t find a clip unfortunately!

• Like 1

Pirate DVD’s! They used to just knock on your door without being able to speak a word of english and show you all the latest films. 

Of course, streaming put a stop to that and now it’s just illegal streaming. Hasn’t improved in terms of quality though…. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. 

which brings me to an earlier post about adverts ‘You wouldn’t steal a car!  You wouldn’t steal a handbag! Pirated films is stealing’- what an advert with an absolute banger of backing music 

Edited by CountesthorpeFox1