Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Things you never see anymore

Anything inside the ground other than the badge and the LCFC logo hidden behind the video screens to see our stadium is the home of Leicester City FC

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

It was usually on Grandstand before David Coleman's or Frank Bough's presentation of the football results. Watching the teleprinter typing out the results was always very entertaining, especially if it paused in the middle of a line. 

People standing outside the TV shop for the footies results. Or going in and looking the latest scores up on Teletext.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RobHawk said:

The loss of white dog poo is because dog food manufacturers used to bulk out dog food with chalk. Believe this was stopped in the mid 90s and therefore now you just have poo, not chalky poo

This explains why I thought most of teachers at school wrote a load of crap on the blackboards:

image.thumb.png.dc8e4a21df9469d6eef90e51838fc4f5.png

image.png.c024973b65dd4aba596b874bc805c481.png

Cold Milk Machine - There used to be one of these on Clarendon Park Road which was very handy after a night up town.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I liked the McDonalds teletext one

That's current so it can't yet be a classic.

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

People don't talk about adverts very often now, what was the last classic ad?

If you don't mind @Stadt, I'm going to start a new topic around this.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This explains why I thought most of teachers at school wrote a load of crap on the blackboards:

image.thumb.png.dc8e4a21df9469d6eef90e51838fc4f5.png

Resonance is cool and I’ll fite anyone who thinks different. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, davieG said:

image.png.bab3780915c156eb8e534f28bf49c566.png

Ahh the back of my bedroom door for years... waking up Sunday morning to hear the ABC presenter (with the most british accent ever) read out the results and then working out where things went... or if you were lazy.. waiting a few days for them to be printed in the paper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Ahh the back of my bedroom door for years... waking up Sunday morning to hear the ABC presenter (with the most british accent ever) read out the results and then working out where things went... or if you were lazy.. waiting a few days for them to be printed in the paper.

I always had Leicester at top of the old division one despite the real table. 

• Haha 1

Saw one the other day, so not strictly true, but - hot air balloons.

Remember growing up as a kid in 1990’s Leicester and there would often be hot air balloons knocking about in summer, or atleast it felt that way.

• Like 2

Quiz Ball on the BBC. City participated on several occasions, with John Sjoberg, Graham Cross, Derek Dougan, Club Secretary Eddie Plumley and Lady Isobel Barnett all playing for us in some of the series, then later on Mighty Mike Stringfellow and Nicholas Parsons were in the team. Lady Isobel scored 5 goals in one game, although even she couldn't match the scoring feats of Arsenal's Ian Ure. Annoyingly, we lost the last ever inter-club final to Dunfermline Athletic in Autumn 1971, after the Mighty String had scored a hat-trick in the semi-final win against Blackpool. Lady Isobel, of course, lost her life in tragic circumstances in 1980, following a conviction for shop-lifting. 

Edited by String fellow