Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

11 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

This. Daka needs a strike partner and a different system to what Enzo deploys to thrive. We've seen how Vestergaard is shite in our old system but much better suited to the one now. Same with Daka. He isn't shite. He just a square peg right now. He falls over too much though and his first touch, like Nacho's and Vardy's can be ghastly.

Being "a square peg" doesn't excuse his dreadful technique though. Doesn't matter what position he's being asked to play, in what system, he's a professional footballer and supposedly a good finisher, he should be hitting the target with that header in that position, but yet again he's put it completely wide. I'm sick of him.

How can people STILL defend Daka?

He' should NOT be singled out BUT he is useless.

Hes a flop for us.

Hes on par with Akinbiyi.

He's not going to be the answer for us...Let it go and lte him go..

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

Honestly give it a rest.  Too many on here have been saying this for the past 3 seasons.  He is playing in a lower league and is still shite.  How many chances does a guy need to miss from 5 yards or less before you admit he is shite?

When he first arrived I watched the QPR friendly where he played up top with Nacho in a two and they were both very effective. We also saw what he can do in Moscow. 
I agree that he has looked terrible recently though. Even the smile looks forced. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Being "a square peg" doesn't excuse his dreadful technique though. Doesn't matter what position he's being asked to play, in what system, he's a professional footballer and supposedly a good finisher, he should be hitting the target with that header in that position, but yet again he's put it completely wide. I'm sick of him.

He’s an off the shoulder attacker. He needs to be put through. He’s shit at taking the ball with his back to goal, which he is being asked to do. Personally I’d rather see Cannon played. Where’s he gone? He could do a job for us. 

I used to feel sorry for Akinbiyi. As his pace and power got him into good positions. But he'd then shank it. Where as Trevor Benjamin was just crap. So didn't get into those positions to start with - so couldn't be accused of missing them. But I don't feel sorry for Patson at all. He's earning top dollar. And it's inexcusable to keep failing over and over again. 

9 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

He’s an off the shoulder attacker. He needs to be put through. He’s shit at taking the ball with his back to goal, which he is being asked to do. Personally I’d rather see Cannon played. Where’s he gone? He could do a job for us. 

Still doesn't excuse dreadful technique.

6 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Alongside the 3 chances Vardy missed against Bristol City.

Why you dragging the GOAT into this? Completely unnecessary. Yes, the stiker in Enzo's teams aren't ever going to be the focal point, but Vardy is 1000x the striker Daka will ever be unfortunately 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Why you dragging the GOAT into this? Completely unnecessary. Yes, the stiker in Enzo's teams aren't ever going to be the focal point, but Vardy is 1000x the striker Daka will ever be unfortunately 

Yes. But you can't ignore he had a complete stinker again Bristol.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes. But you can't ignore he had a complete stinker again Bristol.

...well I can ignore it as it's a completely normal part of the game. Just like Haaland has his fair share of stinkers.

Trying to compare Daka with Vardy though is completely out of order and ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

at least he made the keeper save two efforts and scraped the post with  the other. 

patson tends to miss the goal completely 

Let's be fair, 2 sitters but one of them, I'd genuinely be gutted if I missed that (and I haven't kicked a ball for about 5 years!)

He's woeful and always has been in my opinion and for some reason there are some people who seem totally blinded by his goals in another system in a poor league about 5 years ago and think he's potentially world class, which is clearly bollocks.

I will concede he has an eye for goal and predators instinct but his lack of any footballing technique to take advantage normally renders this totally null. And the less said about his ability to retain the ball the better.

• Like 2

Last night’s header. 

THAT miss away at Leeds. 

His first touch against Birmingham. 

His first touch in general. 

His piss weak ‘pressing from the front’. 

He just needs to **** off. Shame we didn’t get a few quid for him in the summer. 

If part of his role is to aggressively press from the front and win the ball back, we’d be better off playing Hamza up there. Neither can shoot, but at least Hamza puts in a shift. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

With all due, respect, where's the comments in the Nacho thread slating him? His header was a far easier chance, easier to direct, should have been put in the corner and instead he puts it straight back into the body of players. Daka's miss was poor but we're putting a lot of blame on a player who had less than 10 minutes, when near enough every other city player on that pitch was as if not more responsible. I agree he hasn't been good enough, and some of his misses have been woeful, but all season our setup and style of play have suffocated our forwards from being able to play as forwards should and be consistent goal scoring options. 

Iheanacho’s was on target at least. KDH’s disgusted reaction to Daka’s 50p header tells you exactly what he was thinking. It must be so frustrating playing at that level alongside a striker like Daka. Very rarely, he can actually finish well but the vast majority of the time he plays, he looks like a celebrity in one of those charity matches playing alongside professional footballers. 

5 hours ago, demon_dog said:

His house is up for sale.

He’s deluded if he thinks his Leicester spell is going to earn him a move. He might as well stay in his property until his contract runs out in 2026 👀🥺, then downsize when his wages fall off a cliff. 

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tbf it was actually a fairly difficult chance. 0.08xG according to Sofascore. But the fact that he headed it in completely the wrong direction was typical Patson Daka.

lollollollollollol

AND Still they defend him!!!

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's woeful and always has been in my opinion and for some reason there are some people who seem totally blinded by his goals in another system in a poor league about 5 years ago and think he's potentially world class, which is clearly bollocks.

I will concede he has an eye for goal and predators instinct but his lack of any footballing technique to take advantage normally renders this totally null. And the less said about his ability to retain the ball the better.

Shame it's a boz eye looking the wrong way.

• Haha 2