Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

I really wanted him to do well for us, I mean thats obvious for all signings, but particularly as he seems a decent chap and has never moaned about lack of game time. In fairness to the Rudders all stars, on paper he looked a decent signing. But he looks so so wank most of the time now. Even allowing for having tiny amounts of time to impact games he's the anti-goal at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

How has Daka come out of this game as the hate figure again? Missed one half chance, we've got much bigger problems.

The miss was so comically bad - and right at the end - that it certainly merits a dishonourable mention. And it’s not exactly his first crucial miss, is it?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's a decent lad. Mismanaged. 

Like Coady. Souttar. Albrighton. And to an extent JJ. Kristensen too (if you aren't with me,.you are against me type bollcks. How about winning a player over?) 

Err ok. He’s decent, but in the same sense that ‘Kermo was decent.’

(apologies for ancient foxestalk banter)

1 minute ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

We have to find a way to sell this donkey.

He might have some aspects to his game, but you can't be a striker who can't finish. Especially if playing as a solo striker.

We have got no chance, it would be like buying a Ford fiesta but finding out it runs on liquid gold instead of petrol.

He will be here until the very last day of his contract because his current 79k a week is exactly 69k more than any sensible football club would pay him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nnfox said:

He touched the ball more than Vardy and he only played stoppage time.

Maybe if we'd played like we did in stoppage time when Vardy was on the pitch...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

We have got no chance, it would be like buying a Ford fiesta but finding out it runs on liquid gold instead of petrol.

He will be here until the very last day of his contract because his current 79k a week is exactly 69k more than any sensible football club would pay him.

I agree. We'd have to pay him a 'loyalty bonus' that would get him off our books and onto somebody else's.

We should be doing this for all of the sub-par players whose wages are crippling the club. Eg Souttar, Ward, Iversen, Kristiansen, Soumare, Daka. And we should have done it a long time ago to many, many more.

I'd much rather directly pay Daka a good chunk of the transfer fee we'd receive for him to get him to accept a lower contract elsewhere. Not unrealistic to think we could get somebody to pay us a fee equal to or more than the ~£8m we owe him.

Otherwise we're just throwing good money after bad, continuing to wrack up debts and keeping crap players until they inevitably leave on a free.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

He's the best of our strikers for getting into the positions but his finishing is just laughable at this point. I'd expect pretty much anyone in our squad, goalkeepers included to finish better than this. What has happened to that bloke in Russia? Did that game really take place?

7 hours ago, Mark_w said:

How has Daka come out of this game as the hate figure again? Missed one half chance, we've got much bigger problems.

Because he’s rubbish and misses good chances frequently.