Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's the best of our strikers for getting into the positions but his finishing is just laughable at this point. I'd expect pretty much anyone in our squad, goalkeepers included to finish better than this. What has happened to that bloke in Russia? Did that game really take place?

He isn’t, his positional sense isn’t great. He doesn’t get many chances and those he does invariably go off at acute angles due to his 50p head and feet.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agreed, get rid in the summer. 

When is everyone going to realise that due to the transfer embargo and ffp the players we have on remaining multi year contracts are the only ones we will have next year. 

There is no ‘get rid’

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Can anyone count back what his 'legitimate' missed sitters have cost us this season? He's in negative equity surely? Montage reel would be a horror show. 

The one vs Leeds sometimes still irks me. Not a sitter. But definitely one you expect a striker at this level to score. Or at least hit the target. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Oxshottfox said:

When is everyone going to realise that due to the transfer embargo and ffp the players we have on remaining multi year contracts are the only ones we will have next year. 

There is no ‘get rid’

If we go up, there will be no transfer embargo. 

Good athlete, diabolical footballer. 

Has to go down as one of the worst signings in recent times.

All of his backers on here at the start of the season have gone very quiet. At some point your irrational backing of the man has to stop. I think we can forget about making excuses about not playing to his strengths, not enough of a run in the side etc.

The header last night was laughable but sadly that is probably not even in the top five of dreadful misses this season from Daka.

I rue the fact we couldn't manage to get rid to Bournemouth as his stock has fallen even further.

Edited by Basildon Fox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, nnfox said:

He touched the ball more than Vardy and he only played stoppage time.

And didn't score, again. He's genuinely one of the worst finishers in the squad, I would have preferred basically any of our other players on the end of that cross aside from maybe Hermansen or Faes.

• Haha 1

With all due, respect, where's the comments in the Nacho thread slating him? His header was a far easier chance, easier to direct, should have been put in the corner and instead he puts it straight back into the body of players. Daka's miss was poor but we're putting a lot of blame on a player who had less than 10 minutes, when near enough every other city player on that pitch was as if not more responsible. I agree he hasn't been good enough, and some of his misses have been woeful, but all season our setup and style of play have suffocated our forwards from being able to play as forwards should and be consistent goal scoring options. 

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

With all due, respect, where's the comments in the Nacho thread slating him? His header was a far easier chance, easier to direct, should have been put in the corner and instead he puts it straight back into the body of players. Daka's miss was poor but we're putting a lot of blame on a player who had less than 10 minutes, when near enough every other city player on that pitch was as if not more responsible. I agree he hasn't been good enough, and some of his misses have been woeful, but all season our setup and style of play have suffocated our forwards from being able to play as forwards should and be consistent goal scoring options. 

I'd say Iheanacho was harder as it was a dropping ball and pretty hard to generate power from a weird scoop cross from Fatawu. Was also a brilliant clearance. 

The amount of money we have wasted on players in recent years is staggering

I joked about us signing Jutkewicz recently - he would have scored the winner for us yesterday

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Nacho expertly directed the header in the exact spot it could be cleared. Takes some talent that. All 3 strikers were poor, and Daka's header was almost comical. What amazed me most about Nacho is that he didn't press their keeper once 

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

The amount of money we have wasted on players in recent years is staggering

I joked about us signing Jutkewicz recently - he would have scored the winner for us yesterday

Yet we have posters on here saying this is the best squad ever, has 'infinite talent' and that Maruine the tea lady could get this lot promoted on a record points haul.

What is it, are they gash or is the squad the second coming of Barcelona with a shite manager?

• Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

When the ball comes to Daka in front of goal, I literally have no expectation, I don’t even get out my seat. 

I think all 3 of the big salary strikers have been iffy at best this season. Yes, even Vards. Daka gets more stick as his shanks are woeful. But as a trio. They have been one of the biggest disappoints of the whole season. For all their combined reputations, salaries and experience. They should have had a goal carnival this season. But it has never taken off. I know our defence can be worrying. But if your 2 up you have a safety net.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This. Daka needs a strike partner and a different system to what Enzo deploys to thrive. We've seen how Vestergaard is shite in our old system but much better suited to the one now. Same with Daka. He isn't shite. He just a square peg right now. He falls over too much though and his first touch, like Nacho's and Vardy's can be ghastly.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Nacho expertly directed the header in the exact spot it could be cleared. Takes some talent that. All 3 strikers were poor, and Daka's header was almost comical. What amazed me most about Nacho is that he didn't press their keeper once 

Nacho has been on the beach all season. Why hasn't he made that starting position his? At this level he could have. His main competitor is 37 years old.

Just now, An Away Move said:

Nacho has been on the beach all season. Why hasn't he made that starting position his? At this level he could have. His main competitor is 37 years old.

This has been done to death. Nacho has one foot out the door. Dont think he had any intention of competing for anything.