Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

7 hours ago, William Luk said:

He needs to be responsible for the lost goal.

Please see the attached photos and click the link below(00:03).

https://youtu.be/C_c9_tI_g34?si=66ILQU_DywtRNsT5

signal-2024-04-01-23-15-00-542.jpg

signal-2024-04-01-23-15-39-663.jpg

signal-2024-04-01-23-15-53-276.jpg

No he doesn't, this is the thing with zonal marking systems, the lad leaves his zone and goes into mavididi and KDHs zones, at which point it is their responsibility to pick up. You can criticise zonal marking systems for that, they can allow too much momentum by having runners from the attack without corresponding runs from defenders to allow similar jumps, but goals conceded from choosing zonal over man marking (or vice versa) fall on the coaching and set piece tactics, not the players executing it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You're better than this stan, he didn't seem confused what to do, he literally just got to a back pass before the keeper and had to take a bouncing ball first time. You'd want to see him hit the target but it's not the easiest of chances

Hmm, he went to control it with his leg and it bounced off him. I didn't even expect him to shoot first time. Could have controlled it and had a bit more composure perhaps. 

I think a lot of people have made their mind up with him so have a level of unconscious bias meaning he often gets more stick than if the same thing happened with another player.

There's a tendancy to look for fault in everything that he does rather than praise.

• Like 2

am i the only one who thought he was okay yesterday. He seems to make the right moves it’s just the execution that’s off. The run for the doyle through ball was perfect but then his attempt to get the ball in the box was just a bit meh. 

There was a good break where he lays it back to kdh. The rolled ball to winks at the edge of the box.

There were a lot of important things he did and I understand why enzo likes him but at the end of the day we need to be able to rely on him to finish the half chances that come.

I see our strikers as this.

vardy: Clinical and creates his own chances but his legs limit the amount of work he can do. Link up play generally poor. 

Cannon: Physical and clinical. Seems the most all round of all the strikers. Only striker likely to score from outside of the box. Really wants to score an overhead kick.  A slight lack of pace and positionally not as good as the others.

Daka: Links up well. fastest we’ve got. But he’s clumsy and snatches at chances too much. Has the ability to finish but the composure hasn’t been there.

Nacho: Links up well, clinical but needs a second striker. Gets drawn out wide and deep and doesn’t get himself back in the right areas. 

It’s a good bunch but issues with all. Earlier in the season id be looking at this and saying persist with cannon. For the business end of the season, vardy is the only answer, but he can’t play every game so hopefully cannon gets a few opportunities. Problem is, his confidence is likely shot after being dropped for no real reason. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

On 02/04/2024 at 15:04, Lambert09 said:

am i the only one who thought he was okay yesterday. He seems to make the right moves it’s just the execution that’s off.

That's the thing though isn't it, the execution has been off for 3 years now. Sooner than later the coaching staff have to realise not a million more minutes will fix that. 

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

That's the thing though isn't it, the execution has been off for 3 years now. Sooner than later the coaching staff have to realise not a million more minutes will fix that. 

yeah it’s really disappointing. I’m definitely one of those that thought he just needed minutes and some confidence and he’d hit beast mode. 

But it does look like there’s a bit more to it than that. 

Whether you're pro Daka or not, we should be getting more out of a player on a supposed £80k per week.........but l guess that's not his fault, blame the hierarchy.

It's just a small cog in what's wrong at this club, too many average player's on long, overpaid contracts. 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 11:15, adejo92 said:

I think a lot of people have made their mind up with him so have a level of unconscious bias meaning he often gets more stick than if the same thing happened with another player.

There's a tendancy to look for fault in everything that he does rather than praise.

Watching him play makes it easy to make your mind up. Bang average player who try’s hard but is technically dreadful

• Haha 1

On 02/04/2024 at 11:15, adejo92 said:

Not sure about ‘unconscious bias.’ For his fee and for his wage, Daka simply hasn’t scored anywhere enough goals at the top level in this country (and now in the division below) for an out and out striker who isn’t involved much in general play. The same can be said for his assist record. 

I’m not saying he’s the answer, nor that he’s great, nor even that we should Keep him. He probably should be moved on.

But…………all the “terrible” “dogshit” comments are demonstrably untrue and very unfair on a player whose attitude has always been great. Look at his stats for this season…..

IMG_4438.jpeg

Edited by RumbleFox

Ludicrously bad. 

That header was akin to a kid winning a competition to play professional football. 

He's not to blame for today but he certainly is to blame for not making more of that chance. Not someone you can rely on to pull you out of the shit. In fact he makes us more shit.