Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

New gadgets

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Got the s23 ultra and it's just a bit meh. 

Reckon my next one will be one of the big fold series, at least it offers something different. 

I've got a Fold 4 and I love it. My friends hate it though.

Still think I'm going to go SIM only when my contract ends this summer for a year or so until there is a major change.

21 minutes ago, Adster said:

Gone are the days where I long for ripping myself off getting the latest smart phone. 

Am getting it direct from Samsung.   Doesn't seem too bad a deal to me- keeping my sim only tariff.

I've never had a top of the range phone before!

I've got the S24 ultra coming in a couple of weeks, to upgrade for the S22 ultra. I do tend to change every couple of years which is mainly for the camera.

Getting the phone at the start is usually better than waiting months..Once you add the part exchange, offers and pre order codes you get its half the price of 'RRP'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmt said:

I've got a Fold 4 and I love it. My friends hate it though.

Still think I'm going to go SIM only when my contract ends this summer for a year or so until there is a major change.

my phone is over 4 years old now... has 500gb storage, a great camera and a 4k screen..... got the whole of my family on sim only contracts and it's £87 a month for all 4 of us, for unlimited data and calls. 

it's pretty much peak saturation on phones at the minute, there is no REAL innovation, so why bother with the yearly update cycle.  Keep the phone till it's broke and THEN upgrade. at least that way you will see the difference in performance. 

SIM only is a great shout. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

my phone is over 4 years old now... has 500gb storage, a great camera and a 4k screen..... got the whole of my family on sim only contracts and it's £87 a month for all 4 of us, for unlimited data and calls. 

it's pretty much peak saturation on phones at the minute, there is no REAL innovation, so why bother with the yearly update cycle.  Keep the phone till it's broke and THEN upgrade. at least that way you will see the difference in performance. 

Bang on. Easy way to save 60/70 quid a month going sim only. 

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

I used to upgrade every 2 years to the latest model, until Covid. Upgraded my S9+ last year to the S21+ and saved £15 a month.

6 hours ago, filthyfox said:

The Samsung S24 series is out tomorrow...

Anyone getting one?

My Utra is due at an unspecified time tomorrow.

Mine is coming tomorrow too along with the watch. 

S22 Ultra currently. Samsung has been my phone for a good few years now. 

I don't know if to upgrade to the new Galaxy Buds though. The OGs currently doing bits(for now) 😂

I got a free tablet with my contract at the end of last year. Not owned one for about 10/12 years as I don't really see the point as my phone does everything a tablet does but thought I'd keep it anyway and have a play. It turns out I do actually use it quite a bit for watching football and films, also when my missus is watching the TV I can play my Xbox on it which is pretty cool as I ain't got to sit there watching her shite. But apart from that I don't really see the point nowadays.

Does anyone else bother with them now?

4 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I got a free tablet with my contract at the end of last year. Not owned one for about 10/12 years as I don't really see the point as my phone does everything a tablet does but thought I'd keep it anyway and have a play. It turns out I do actually use it quite a bit for watching football and films, also when my missus is watching the TV I can play my Xbox on it which is pretty cool as I ain't got to sit there watching her shite. But apart from that I don't really see the point nowadays.

I've got an iPad Pro which is my business "laptop".  It's sat in a dock with keyboard, mouse and monitor most of the day  but I occasionally sling to the other half to do invoices etc. on the sofa.  Far more flexible than a laptop I've found.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I've got an iPad Pro which is my business "laptop".  It's sat in a dock with keyboard, mouse and monitor most of the day  but I occasionally sling to the other half to do invoices etc. on the sofa.  Far more flexible than a laptop I've found.

Definitely, we've got a couple of laptops hanging around but just don't get used. Used it probably once in 2/3 years and that was to update my CV. Couldn't live without a desktop or laptop a decade ago but everything is too easy and quicker for me on a phone nowadays.

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I used to upgrade every 2 years to the latest model, until Covid. Upgraded my S9+ last year to the S21+ and saved £15 a month.

I currently have an S9+...   hence my excitement)+-×!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I used to use my tablet all the time but it stopped working properly just before lockdown and haven't replaced it. I've just been using my phone and laptop since. Just stated looking today for a 2 in 1 laptop / tablet thing. The laptop is just too cumbersome to take on holidays but a tablet isn't adequate for working. If anyone has any recommendations for a 13/14" 2 in 1?

• Like 1

I dropped down to Samsung's A series the last time I got a new phone.   I have A54 at the moment which I got for about £250 and it is a superb piece of kit.   The only distinctive difference that I can see so far is that it cannot be used with wireless chargers.  

Edited by The Blur

15 hours ago, Adster said:

Bang on. Easy way to save 60/70 quid a month going sim only. 

My bill with EE for four of us is about £50 including European roaming…. 

to get the latest phone on a single sim is about £80!

No thanks…. I’ve brought my phone outright for years…