Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Annoying Habits You Wish You Never Had

I have a really irritating habit of clenching and unclenching my jaw all the time.

I first became aware of this when I was emergency driving and I put it down to the stress and concentration involved.

However I still do it now 3/4 years later and it is really difficult to stop. It annoys the hell out of Mrs P.

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Biting my nails. Never been able to stop. And even if I go all week without biting them. They go during the 90 mins at the game. Been aware of it for years and the wife hates it. But I just can't help myself.

Same, just accepted it now as something I’ll likely always do. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Logging on to Foxestalk

Dread to think how many hours I’ve spent on here. On the fluoride I’ve met some of my best mates through it and learned a hell of a lot.

At Leicester matches, any time a ball is in the air I do full on heading motion (Think Nigel Pearson before Howard's header against Leeds). I just can't help it. Didn't realise I did it until a few weeks ago when the Mrs came to her first match in years and pointed it out.

Since then I notice myself doing it several times a match, must look a right twat.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Biting my nails. Never been able to stop. And even if I go all week without biting them. They go during the 90 mins at the game. Been aware of it for years and the wife hates it. But I just can't help myself.

I stopped during Covid at the age of 43 or so.  You can do it!  

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Finishing TV shows and films I know I can’t stand almost right away just because I’ve started it.

Similar theme. If I am enjoying a film or tv show, I go on wikipedia and read how it ends. When I was a kid I used to read the end of books I was enjoying.

Really kills it but I can never help myself.

15 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Whenever I grow any beard, I sit stroking it. The beard, I mean.

Annoys the missus immensely.

I just can't stop, though.

Proven to make you wiser.

At least that's the conclusion I've arrived at after stroking my beard and thinking about it for a few hours.

• Haha 1

Smoked on and off since 18 (now 35) never been a heavy smoker, maybe max 5 per day, some years I haven't at all, but it's a habit I've never been able to shake off, I could go 6 months without one, then a wild night out I'd have a pack a week for 6 weeks as an example, tried disposable vapes in the past year which cut my consumption down to a few packs last year. 

Currently off both, none this year and I intend to keep it that way - usually stress or drink is the trigger. Horrible habit and I hate it 

24 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Explaining myself/giving reasons.

For example, if I can't make it to something previous agreed like meeting up in a pub, I let the others know and why.

Friends/colleagues on the other hand, will just text that they can't make tomorrow evening, and that's it.

I really annoy myself by doing this.

Feel like you are being too harsh on yourself, you are being courteous and others will appreciate that more and more over the years. 

A 'cant make it' text with no explanation just come across as someone not being arsed.

• Like 2