Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are we bottlers and do we have a weak mentality?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/qpr-chant-hits-leicester-citys-9138789

why yesterday was so significant. Yesterdays performance and result was surrendering the title.

Forget the title for now, 3 defeats in a row in the manner we lost and the inability to deal with pressure makes auto-promotion very unlikely. 

Which leaves the playoffs….pressure mounts there too. 

I think it’s going to be heartbreak and agony again. The problem is, going into next year, with a weaker squad and saying, same again is going to hurt more.

• Sad 2

Are we bottlers? We'll see at the end of the season and which division we're in. 

There's still enough time to see this over the line. It needs focus, cool heads and no panic - and that applies just as much to the supporters as it does the team. 

Believe me, if we drop out of the autos and end up blowing the playoffs, I'll be as fuming as everyone else and I'll be throwing mud at everyone responsible but we're still top, we're still on for automatic promotion and we haven't bottled anything - yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

I think Yesterday's performance was somewhat down to the aftermath of the Bournemouth game.  

No Riccardo..injured in that game.

Hamza played 120 minutes and looked cream crackered yesterday.

Justin played for a large part of that game.

Fatawu ... ditto 

Yunus played 120 minutes, came on yesterday and was poor!...

Shoot me down in flames by all means but the FA Cup run could easily have cost us promotion this season. 

.. and for what?  Because we aren't winning the thing!!!!

Totally agree, stupid playing any first teamers in that game! Fuming tbh 

• Like 1

Did we bottle the league title or the cup? No.

You can’t look at everything we’ve bottled without factoring in everything we haven’t. There’s a lot of football to be played yet.

It's nothing to do with weak mentality or bottle jobs. Just like it wasn't when we finished 5th.

The starters are knackered, a few injuries and the  depth of squad isn't that great, even for this division.

Manager - Doing a great job, however needs to step up now, and turn this round, show he has answers for the issues costing us at present.

Poor finishing - Cost us the Boro and Leeds Matches, it needs addressing.

No clear on pitch leader - Team Captains are just too soft, Coady needs to be inserted, and given the job of getting amongst the soft underbelly that exists in the team when decisions or luck goes against us.

Fearless Foxes - Doesn't exist in the team, it's just a word, use it to enforce a sense of pride, and drive forward.

There is alot of great things happening this season, but it's all a bit to nicey, nicey, get a grip, and put all this talk of folding at the Business end of the season to bed by delivering, easier said  than done, but the manager and team, have everything they need, and more to deliver.

Is the 'we' foxestalk contributors? 😄 🤣 😂 

If a lot of foxtalk members had been a fan of Ipswich, Leeds or Southampton this season, there would have been a time they would have had a melt down questioning both the players and managers ability and mentality. At least one of those clubs will get automatic promotion.

Basically, they could have been a fan of one of the best four teams in the division and still been unhappy. Incredible when you think about it.

1 hour ago, Oasisedup said:

We're still going up, most likely as Champions.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

I simply cannot understand how you can be that confident. 15th in the form table, strikers aren't scoring, two of our best players in Ndidi and now Ricardo out injured....

• Like 1

Next two games will be huge.  Somehow get through with 4 or 6 points (which I'm more confident about being away) and, ignoring Chelsea, we go into the international break still well in it with Ricardo and Ndidi hopefully back for the run in. 

Go and beat Sunderland on Tuesday and I think the mood changes significantly. 

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Celtic the bottlers who haven't lost a game since mid December 🤣

They've also beaten Rangers twice this season.

I mean, what a brilliant timed post. 

• Haha 1

The Bournemouth match, particularly extra time, and of course the result, gives me some hope that we’ve still got a decent team in there. However we’re now in a proper scrap for top two. We have a relatively slender lead over the others, but generally they are in better form, and we’ve got injuries to key players and of course Vesty still has another match to serve as a spectator.

Gonna be close.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Did we bottle the league title or the cup? No.

You can’t look at everything we’ve bottled without factoring in everything we haven’t. There’s a lot of football to be played yet.

Sensible post alert - you’ll be banned with that kind of positivity!

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I simply cannot understand how you can be that confident. 15th in the form table, strikers aren't scoring, two of our best players in Ndidi and now Ricardo out injured....

Ipswich had an awful run of form and after a few wins are back on our tails, it can change very quickly

Still a way to go and there’s time for Ipswich or Leeds to have a dodgy patch.

Problem with Ipswich is that they look a completely different team since signing Kieffer Moore. 

Add to that, they both have supposedly easier run ins.

We’ve been scarred by some hideous collapses in the last few seasons. It almost feels inevitable, but I just hope we can get Ndidi back ASAP. 

Does anyone know where we stand with a psychologist?

Clearly we had a top one as was the whole backroom staff under Nigel Pearson.

I'm not sure if Ranieri got rid the season after we won the league or Rodgers got rid of them? I want to say Ranieri got rid of them but we got another one under Rodgers who was got rid of/left? :dunno: 

We must have one, surely?!