Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are we bottlers and do we have a weak mentality?

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I agree.

I’m just watching the Manchester derby, and it’s uncanny how similar we are to Man City - including what they are susceptible to. Man City have an iffy patch every season, and they usually pull through. I’m hoping we are able to turn a corner and do the same.

In my mind it puts my mind at ease a little, and Man City would struggle if they missed 3 or 4 key players as well. So relax everyone - it’ll be fine! 

I was right there with you up until the very last bit. That phrase is still haunting us from last season. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Did we bottle the league title or the cup? No.

You can’t look at everything we’ve bottled without factoring in everything we haven’t. There’s a lot of football to be played yet.

I was going to post something similar. We're one of only a handful of clubs in England that have won either the league or cup in the last quarter century, and we won both pretty recently. Certainly we bottled top 4 in 2020. 2021 wasn't quite the same level of collapse.

Fans will call us bottle jobs because these days English football fans are on the whole ****ing idiots. Let them. We can just respond with the two trophy wins. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I was going to post something similar. We're one of only a handful of clubs in England that have won either the league or cup in the last quarter century, and we won both pretty recently. Certainly we bottled top 4 in 2020. 2021 wasn't quite the same level of collapse.

Fans will call us bottle jobs because these days English football fans are on the whole ****ing idiots. Let them. We can just respond with the two trophy wins. 

It’s very unedifying to buy into this narrative as fans, the more we believe it the more it feeds into the club and the players, it becomes self-fulfilling. Bottling surely has a shelf life too - this squad is what, 25% similar to 2021? It’s almost like some of our fans want the tag.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

I think what we’ve lacked for years now is players with really strong leadership skills. Those who can galvanise the team when things get tough.

We’ve had a very soft underbelly for a long time and we could really use a Walsh, Taggart, Lennon, Morgan or Huth type of character to give us that bit of spite and even nastiness to see matches out.

At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur with a mullet, we’re too bloody nice! 

Yes, football has changed, but some of those old traits of leadership, spite, grit and occasional use of the dark arts would serve us well right now.

We as a club have started to think we're above this as well.

No we are not bottlers. Just our system is only played one way. At this time in the season everyone is fighting harder to stay up or go up.

Our system is great but at times we need to speed it up and hit teams on the break. You won't ware teams down now like we was.

• Like 1

In the “how will we do in the Championship” thread back in July, a lot of people predicted the play offs or lower, so not sure what the moaning is all about ? We’re ahead of schedule !

• Like 1

at the end of the day there still in pole position and still will be after sunderland game might be level with someone so win next 9/10 games and it dont mater wat the rest do.cant see it but who knows

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Costello said:

In the “how will we do in the Championship” thread back in July, a lot of people predicted the play offs or lower, so not sure what the moaning is all about ? We’re ahead of schedule !

see the post above yours

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

13/14 was much stronger. Wouldn't have crumbled like this squad.

That squad had a lot more quality though. You could argue for them being the strongest squad ever in the Championship, as 9 or 10 of them won the Premier League 2 years later. 

This squad will be bottom half without major additions. 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

That squad had a lot more quality though. You could argue for them being the strongest squad ever in the Championship, as 9 or 10 of them won the Premier League 2 years later. 

This squad will be bottom half without major additions. 

How could that squad have had more quality when I’m constantly being told our squad now is the best this division has ever seen?

Just now, Fox92 said:

How could that squad have had more quality when I’m constantly being told our squad now is the best this division has ever seen?

Mahrez, Vardy, Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater, King, Schlupp, Wasilewski, James (injured all 15/16), De Laet (Sent out on loan early), all would feature in the current squad in 13/14 form. 

We’ve got the most expensive wage bill ever relegated. 

They're definitely not Bottlers what they are is inexperienced.

There's a true saying in Sport, You have to learn how to lose before you learn how to win.

This is virgin territority for most of our young squad, Top of the league and the Winning post in site.

Suttle little changes in their menal thinking leads to hesitant reactions, Gone is the free flowing off the cuff football that we were playing earlier in the season.

When you add that to Clubs trying harder against us then you have a problem.

A win tomorrow night will help greatly in boosting Moral and Confidence in the Squad.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've just heard it claimed we've not had a sports psychologist since 2016.

I know we bizarrely got rid after our title win but I thought we'd had one since.

How is that been allowed? How is that possible? Especially given our annual shit the bed fragility. 

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've just heard it claimed we've not had a sports psychologist since 2016.

I know we bizarrely got rid after our title win but I thought we'd had one since.

How is that possible? Especially given our annual shit the bed fragility. 

It's not a psychologist they need at the moment it’s a gynaecologist because they're playing like a bunch of *****!