Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

The amount of money in the game and the epl and efl can't employ a decent law firm to dot the i's and cross some t's. Think outside the box etc.

Half of us thick coonts on the forum could white board a proper process that is more sound/coherent then what these lot come up with.

Just now, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

This is ridiculous. Before trying to get a points deduction against Leicester imposed by PL for 22/23 and then applied by EFL in 23/24, I assume the EFL sought legal advice. They must of ignored the legal advice or hired some shit lawyers. 

They are probably under enormous pressure from the other clubs in the EFL. I’d imagine at least one of those clubs is considering legal action against the league and against us. 

We’ve made a mockery of the EFL’s competition by exceeding the PL’s more lenient PSR and have made absolutely no effort to comply with the EFL’s rules. 

If I were an owner of another Championship club who has his own house in order, I’d be furious at the EFL for failing to ensure a fair competition, which directly harms my club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

They are probably under enormous pressure from the other clubs in the EFL. I’d imagine at least one of those clubs is considering legal action against the league and against us. 

We’ve made a mockery of the EFL’s competition by exceeding the PL’s more lenient PSR and have made absolutely no effort to comply with the EFL’s rules. 

If I were an owner of another Championship club who has his own house in order, I’d be furious at the EFL for failing to ensure a fair competition, which directly harms my club. 

Dont disagree per say...but then the likes of man city just sit there with no punishment..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Fair point.  But, there is a big difference between what you want to do and what you can actually do (legally speaking). I can’t blame any club and would expect them to question and challenge the legality of the EFL actions. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

This is ridiculous. Before trying to get a points deduction against Leicester imposed by PL for 22/23 and then applied by EFL in 23/24, I assume the EFL sought legal advice. They must of ignored the legal advice or hired some shit lawyers. 

Exactly what I was going to put, what the **** did they think they were doing? Makes me more confident about the club taking on all these clowns.

You can tell from the EFL statement that they've got the raging hump with us, moaning that we didn't send them a letter before starting proceedings against them.

Their suggestion being, that had we just waited for them to meet and look at their own rules, they would have found that they couldn't do anything this season anyway, and so us starting proceedings against them was unnecessary.

Complete bull shite of course, because if we had just let them do what they wanted, without the threat of fighting any action being implemented against us this season, you can bet that they would have conveniently overlooked their own rules, in favour of nailing us this season.

I tell you this though, if we don't go up, they are going to come hard for us next season!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Exactly what I was going to put, what the **** did they think they were doing? Makes me more confident about the club taking on all these clowns.

The exact reason why Man City and their 100+ charges haven’t been resolved. They will wipe the floor with them too, as the rules clearly aren’t water tight in law, not necessarily the lawyers they’re using  

• Like 1

Presumably this means that if we don’t go up, the EFL still can’t deduct points for the 22/23 PL breach?

…and if we do go up, the PL can’t deduct points for a 23/24 EFL breach (if we do breach)?

18 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Fair point.  But, there is a big difference between what you want to do and what you can actually do (legally speaking). I can’t blame any club and would expect them to question and challenge the legality of the EFL actions. 

Absolutely, it would still be foolish not appeal and challenge something so clear.

Edited by The_77
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Presumably this means that if we don’t go up, the EFL still can’t deduct points for the 22/23 PL breach?

…and if we do go up, the PL can’t deduct points for a 23/24 EFL breach (if we do breach)?

I assume so. Also, haven’t they changed the rules for the 25/26 season (only allow to spend 80% of generated income of transfers/wages)?

24 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Dont disagree per say...but then the likes of man city just sit there with no punishment..

Experts like Stefan Borson have said over and over again that this isn’t the case.

There is a trial date set for Man City.

6 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Once again, the EFL release their statement close to a match. Horrid willy pullers

I’ve actually got a big buzz of it. (As sad as that is)

I’m fancying a big win (finally) and a big **** you to the EFL.

There has been a lot made of “Are these threats a reason why our form has dropped off”.

If that is truly the case (which I don’t think it was personally), well there’s your team talk and buzz. Get out there!!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

You can tell from the EFL statement that they've got the raging hump with us, moaning that we didn't send them a letter before starting proceedings against them.

Their suggestion being, that had we just waited for them to meet and look at their own rules, they would have found that they couldn't do anything this season anyway, and so us starting proceedings against them was unnecessary.

Complete bull shite of course, because if we had just let them do what they wanted, without the threat of fighting any action being implemented against us this season, you can bet that they would have conveniently overlooked their own rules, in favour of nailing us this season.

I tell you this though, if we don't go up, they are going to come hard for us next season!

And with the timing of releasing the statement too.

If we win the league and definitely if we go up through the play offs I hope we just don’t lift the trophy. Sod posing around their branding while they’re trying to harm the club as much as possible. Leave Rick Parry standing there like a lemon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Experts like Stefan Borson have said over and over again that this isn’t the case.

There is a trial date set for Man City.

Ya, I have seen that but it just a joke with how long it takes and how their case might have impacted us and so many others.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not really sure how you can see it as anything other than corrupt. 

It's literally breaking their own rules and precedents to try and stop us getting promoted. 

You could pick any number of reasons they might be doing it, bias towards Leeds, keeping Big Leicester in the Championship for the pull, conspiring with the Premier League and the Big Six to make sure we're truly beaten down for the title win, whatever. 

You can go as tinfoil hat with it as you want but it's still entirely corrupt. 

We got away from them in 13/14 didn't we, breaking their spending rules and bulldozing the league in the process. Now 10 years later we're back and history is close to repeating; this is the more obvious narrative for why the EFL have overreached here. They don't want clubs to be successful while overspending, as it lessens the value of the competition. In doing so, however, they've only succeeded in exposing how embarrassingly incompetent they and their rules are. No powers to implement PL sanctions at all by the looks of things, it's not even a case of them just falling guilty of trying to expedite the process. 

With the PL looking to ditch the current system soon and with the separate nature of PL-EFL rules, I'm even less sure what this all means for next season or the one afterwards. If we're back up as we should be, I wonder if the PL has the power to sanction us for this season, or even for our PSR breach last season, given we suffered the ultimate penalty anyway of relegation. We'll be a newly promoted club, after all, rather than an "existing customer". 

I’ll be honest I don’t know what we did wrong in 13/14(?).

I vaguely remember something about a fine but I’m not sure what we actually did wrong, think I must have had my head in the sand.

BUT, if the EFL had their house in order wouldn’t you think they’d of had a point deduction or punishment of some kind waiting for us on relegation?

I fully expect this to be the case of were promoted this season and get relegated again.

Just now, Matt said:

I’ll be honest I don’t know what we did wrong in 13/14(?).

I vaguely remember something about a fine but I’m not sure what we actually did wrong, think I must have had my head in the sand.

BUT, if the EFL had their house in order wouldn’t you think they’d of had a point deduction or punishment of some kind waiting for us on relegation?

I fully expect this to be the case of were promoted this season and get relegated again.

And I feel the premier league will be all to willing to help with that. We miffed them for years and now we've over reached and they are hitting us with a beaten stick. 

We didn't want a super league, but in all but name, there is one