Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

And I feel the premier league will be all to willing to help with that. We miffed them for years and now we've over reached and they are hitting us with a beaten stick. 

We didn't want a super league, but in all but name, there is one 

I wish we did.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ll be honest I don’t know what we did wrong in 13/14(?).

I vaguely remember something about a fine but I’m not sure what we actually did wrong, think I must have had my head in the sand.

BUT, if the EFL had their house in order wouldn’t you think they’d of had a point deduction or punishment of some kind waiting for us on relegation?

I fully expect this to be the case of were promoted this season and get relegated again.

We overspent by £13m and contended that those were allowable losses under the EFL's own rules.

That was in 2014.

In 2018, after a long legal process, The EFL and Leicester announced the £3.1m settlement in identical statements: “In reaching the settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive and that the dispute arose out of genuine differences of interpretation of the rules between the parties.”

Which in short, is a concession by the EFL that we didn't do anything wrong, and that their own rules were not fit for purpose.

10 years later and they've been proven in black and white to be acting outside of their own rules AND possibly breaking the law to do so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I assume so. Also, haven’t they changed the rules for the 25/26 season (only allow to spend 80% of generated income of transfers/wages)?

Which is a far harder financial obligation to adhere to than the current rules. Fascinated to see how they transition over to this because in order to comply with the new rules, losses will likely need to be taken on large chunks of squads to get high earners off the books.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So now the EFL have put their cards on the table, how many penalty, offside goal and red card decisions are going to go amazingly against us in the last few games? lol

Already called this a few weeks ago and put it in my sig :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The timing of the EFL statement stinks. That's what the bog stealer reckons...

Leicester to avoid points penalty this season - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68801570

So if you go up the PL nail you with a points deduction next season. 

If you stay down the EFL nail you with a points deduction next season as you've no doubt failed on the accounts for 23/24 too. 

I guess option 1 is the least of two evils. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If you stay down the EFL nail you with a points deduction next season as you've no doubt failed on the accounts for 23/24 too. 

Basically

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Could be a blessing in disguise, force us to sell our over paid imbeciles at least. I’d say dead wood but I wouldn’t want to offend wood. 

No. We will sell all our good players, not able to replace them, have a points deduction and be in the championship. Staying in this league will in no way be a blessing. We'll be a midtable championship side in 6 months. 

Just now, fox_favourite said:

No. We will sell all our good players, not able to replace them, have a points deduction and be in the championship. Staying in this league will in no way be a blessing. We'll be a midtable championship side in 6 months. 

Good players? Point’s deduction is happening anyway and we will be a mid table championship side regardless as this charlatan won’t be taking us up. 

11 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve actually got a big buzz of it. (As sad as that is)

I’m fancying a big win (finally) and a big **** you to the EFL.

There has been a lot made of “Are these threats a reason why our form has dropped off”.

If that is truly the case (which I don’t think it was personally), well there’s your team talk and buzz. Get out there!!

That'll teach me for being positive.

And swings back to Ipswich and Leeds...theres's your team talk lads, punish us.

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

It’s more than that. Option 2 is closer to an an extinction event than option 1. We simply have to be promoted. It’s shite or bust. 

7 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know the impact but we've definitely got considerably worse since all this came out. Maybe it's contributed towards Enzo being so stubborn. 

Raises eyebrows about what’s going on behind the scenes. I’m in two minds as to whether Enzo is just that invested in his own project and himself the he refuses to change anything despite what is going on on the pitch and at the club. Or whether that term ‘casual arrogance’ is running through the club and he’s been reassured that everything will be fine just do your job, so he’s feeling no immediate need to waiver from his beliefs. Either way, the whole thing is a shit show, forget throwing the league away, we’re watching a manager oversee us casually put the clubs long term future at risk. 

The whole thing stinks and we have to watch as the leaders of our club from both a business and footballing  side navigate us towards ruin without an ounce of remorse or responsibility.