Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Our 9-0 away record - could it go tonight?

I see this post all time. 

Chill out. It's not happening. You know how hard it is to score 9 goals, especially away from home? That's why it's so rare.

Arsenal did what they did at West Ham other week and started to take their best players off. We didn't do that at Southampton and kept going for more.

There is a reason no team has scored 10 in a single PL game. I’m sure that Boxing Day set of fixtures 1963 was the last time a club scored 10 in a top flight game.

There have been some unbelievable teams and players since then and some absolute shockers too, but it’s almost impossible in a top flight game.

Our record will stand for a long, long time.

50 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

There is a reason no team has scored 10 in a single PL game. I’m sure that Boxing Day set of fixtures 1963 was the last time a club scored 10 in a top flight game.

A couple of teams scored 10, strangely within a few weeks of each other ... in the late 1980's I think.

Without checking up ... I think Gillingham stuffed Chesterfield 10-0 in a Div 3 game, then a few weeks late Man City beat Huddersfield 10-1 in a Div 2 game.

No league team has scored 10 goals since then, I'm fairly sure.

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Their left back in that game was far worse than Thomas. Saka went past him like he wasnt there.

He went past him whilst nonchalantly chewing gum and not feeling great (Saka was subbed at half time because he felt sick)lol