Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Has Leicester City ever got you in trouble?

Money troubles for sure lol it's expensive being an foxes fan for sure as it is for any other club.

Headbutted by a Liverpool fan randomly back in 2019 after a game.

I suppose cheeky days off work to attend games, like fake sick days away but very rare tbf, in later years i just said if i can't get the time off or get then it's not worth the hassle. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I have had a couple of funny experiences recently. First one was when I was at work we did one of those new well-being things. Everyone was asked to bring in a photo of the people and places that make them happy. The idea is to put them all in big collage and everyone can look at it or something every day. It’s not really my thing, but apparently it will lift morale and make the workplace happier. Anyway, I misread the situation and put in a photo of Jamie Vardy holding the FA Cup. Only to realise everyone else has put in their partner, kids, grandkids etc. Well Mrs. Aus comes into the office as she regularly does and thinks the collage is amazing, as she’s looking at all the happy family snaps, before noticing Jamie Vardy and the FA Cup - the only photo not of a family! Boy did I hear about it!!!

I don't think you misread the brief at all.

At least you weren't interviewed on national radio after the 2016 title win and stated the day of the trophy presentation would be the "happiest day of my life".

The presenter and my other half weren't impressed, as that description is generally supposed to be reserved for your wedding day...!

When a young boy my parents used to go church and me and my brother would go Sunday school. For the first part of the church service us kids in the Sunday school would sit in the church before going back in to the hall to draw and paint and make things. One day the Minister at the front stopped his sermon and asked the kids for something to pray for. Numerous hands shot up including my own. While he listened to a list of kids wanting prayers for their sick pets or grandma’s operation I patiently waited my turn. Eventually he got to me and asked what I wanted to pray for to which I replied “can we pray that Leicester win the league”.

I can’t really remember too much about the incident but when my parents told me the story I think they were proud. :scarf:

Took a while but the big man got round to my prayers in the end. :D

• Like 1

I've posted this before but watching the Chelsea/Spurs game on tv and going mental when Hazard scores, only for the wife to angrily tell me to be quiet...

..to which i reply in an exaggerated, disgusted tone...fuuuuuuck off.

Mother in law is in the same room so I win a two week holiday in the dog house.....

.....but Leicester win the league:brendan:

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2024 at 12:02, Leicesterpool said:

Money troubles for sure lol it's expensive being an foxes fan for sure as it is for any other club.

Headbutted by a Liverpool fan randomly back in 2019 after a game.

I suppose cheeky days off work to attend games, like fake sick days away but very rare tbf, in later years i just said if i can't get the time off or get then it's not worth the hassle. 

rotherham away 79 lg cup left work early as a 16 year old and gaffa said if i did it again id be sacked , found ways to go away straight from work at night games til exeter replay january 81 then i walked out with boss telling me that's it ian your out ,apparently he told secretary to sort ians cards out   , he was a raging alcoholic and my name isn't ian in fact we didn't have anyone of that name  in workshop so i kept my job, however he did sack bob end of week ( he didn't even go exeter) he was just  f*****g useless  

• Haha 2

Be interested to know some weird scenarios, like imagine if wedding day was on the same day was Fa Cup final day at the same time as kick off... do you dare request to delay wedding by 90 minutes.

Remember hearing a story where a colleague was getting married the same day Leicester won 3-2 at Forest, the last minute winner from Knocky. The wedding was like 1pm and apparently he kept asking the best man and brides father the score throughout the service, pissing off his bride. Apparently just after the I do's both the best man and brides father screamed "get in" that's when Knocky scored.

Apparently the vicar even made a comment "ah seems the lord, isn't just blessing this marriage but also blessing the foxes" lol 

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Be interested to know some weird scenarios, like imagine if wedding day was on the same day was Fa Cup final day at the same time as kick off... do you dare request to delay wedding by 90 minutes.

Remember hearing a story where a colleague was getting married the same day Leicester won 3-2 at Forest, the last minute winner from Knocky. The wedding was like 1pm and apparently he kept asking the best man and brides father the score throughout the service, pissing off his bride. Apparently just after the I do's both the best man and brides father screamed "get in" that's when Knocky scored.

Apparently the vicar even made a comment "ah seems the lord, isn't just blessing this marriage but also blessing the foxes" lol 

My mate was scheduled to get married at the same time England were playing Argentina in the WC. Service before and the meal was delayed until after.

I don't get why people don't check these things before booking the date. I did and choose a date out of season. Would've been awkward if not, meal and photos on the pitch at KP would've been a bit crowded lol