Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I'll bite.

Nacho has been shite this season and provides the pressing capabilities of my nan. It's a concern the goal contributions have dried up in the last few games, but even so, today Daka pressed their defence and keeper into a number of mistakes. I thought his control when he came in deep was largely good. 2 header chances today I would like to have seen him do better, but he hardly had a tonne of chances come his way. I don't see Nacho being a transformative option today.

He had the best chances of the game and didn’t take them again. Pressing the opposition is just standard.

We need a new striker because Vardy won’t keep bailing us out forever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yet this new manager,who does obviously  have a lot to learn, has turned our fortunes around quicker than you & many more thought he would…

More time than not he’s been clever….Like introducing all the squad players

into the fold…More of his selections have been spot on..
Or you are not topping the Championship,against more experienced managers

with only 9 games to go..

And playing upto a 1/4 final in the FACup…Fans hopes destroyed more by their fantasies and dreams of anhiliating every side we come across,& expecting every player to walk on water…We have a top,maybe PL standard squad…but well down

high pecking order…Quqlity we have seen,but even in same periods lack of holding a consistent high form….They wear our shirts and have done us proud…

but Fan frustration expecting a full up front quality isn’t yet there…………But..

they are ours..& so far made us forget a very all round pathetic squad and club last season..

The rebuild has only just started,its far from completing any  type of full circle..

This is the time to give some slack on most of the squad….

until proved or earnt otherwise…We are still a Championship side with

a new top manager learning his squad full capabilities,and his job and pressing the buttons at the right time…I just hope he wants to take the ride further with us,no matter how our season finishes..

This is exactly our predictiment. He's Clearly a very good Coach but he also needs time to bring in his own players.

Yes we have a decent group but the make up and Balance of the team isn't right.

It's not big enough strong enough or quick enough and that's what needs to be addressed in the Summer.

The problem is we have to move players out first and Money it seems may be tight.

Maybe another year in the Championship would'nt be the worst outcome that could happen us. While we rebuild and go again. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He had the best chances of the game and didn’t take them again. Pressing the opposition is just standard.

We need a new striker because Vardy won’t keep bailing us out forever.

Don't disagree on the striker situation, but imho its harsh to hold much on the 2 headed chances for Daka. 

Pressing the opposition is certainly not standard though!

8 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Kelechi won't be here next season, you're much better off giving Daka and Cannon the time to improve on their skills for our way of playing.

Thought Daka did okay without really having much opportunity to be involved today. Presses so much better than any other forward we have 

Daka is not going to improve, hes been here long enough and proves time and time again, he is our new Ade daka bad buy!

Needs 20 chances to get one, if your still hanging on to hope he will come good. I think you will be disappointed.

• Like 3

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Financially, it would be a total disaster

Yes the Money from Promotion could make the difference provided we're prepared to give Enzo a chunk of it.

If not I fear we'll be fighting relegation all season and that's not good for a young squad.

What does it really matter if Daka presses better than other forwards if we end up having just one shot on target  - in no small part because his finishing is inadequate bordering on incompetent?

And we are not just talking today of course - I still worry that his hideous miss against Leeds will ultimately shape our season.

The defence of Daka becomes flimsier by the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Hammo said:

What does it really matter if Daka presses better than other forwards if we end up having just one shot on target  - in no small part because his finishing is inadequate bordering on incompetent?

And we are not just talking today of course - I still worry that his hideous miss against Leeds will ultimately shape our season.

The defence of Daka becomes flimsier by the game.

Seen better players miss worse, like Sterling today. How about the perfectly good one he put away that was wrongly chalked off?

• Like 2

Should we get promoted we are going to need centre backs for sure  !! Vestergaard & Doyle are way too slow against teams with pace. We are also going to need a striker as well if we are going to survive.   With all the BS of FFP will we have any money to spend ?? 

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes the Money from Promotion could make the difference provided we're prepared to give Enzo a chunk of it.

If not I fear we'll be fighting relegation all season and that's not good for a young squad.

We will be fighting relegation regardless. If we go up, it’s not going to be a comfortable mid table. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Seen better players miss worse, like Sterling today. How about the perfectly good one he put away that was wrongly chalked off?

Calling Sterling’s performance today as a witness for the defence of Daka is risible. And you know it.

• Like 1

I thought we put in a decent show today against a team away from home that has been improving in recent weeks . We made some decent chances and were in it when we went down to ten men. I am a bit baffled why people might not want us to get promotion but each to their own. I still think we are in a strong position to go up first time of asking and our form in the last few matches has not been as bad as some people have been saying. We do miss Vardy and Riccardo in games like this but I thought Ndidi imposed himself more today and KDH looked back to his industrious self. We did have a chance to progress today but it was not to be and focussing now on the league is no bad thing. 

49 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Rampant Ipswich, the same Ipswich who spunked away a lead last week in injury time? The same Ipswich who took less points then us over our last two league games?

Yeah, The same Ipswich who won 6-0 yesterday and have won 8 or their last 9?

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Maybe another year in the Championship would'nt be the worst outcome that could happen us. While we rebuild and go again. 

'Clever Fox' lol

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't understand how some don't find it inconceivable that we could finish mid table if promoted. The reason I say that is the gap for me between 11th to the top of the championship isn't as huge as some make out.

Leeds 9th 2021 after getting promoted 

Brentford 13th 2022

9th 2023

Fulham 10th 2023 after getting promoted 

This and how we slipped from 8th to 18th, shows how it goes both ways if you find the winning formula.

Edited by Beachyboy

It was the lightest of touches by Doyle on Jackson and he goes down. It was a perfectly instinctive drop something he’s worked on in training. No effort to even slightly stay on his feet. Oh well the rules say any contact right? Bollox.

started with vesty getting turned in an instant and it was 1 v 1. Atleast do the legged it back and tried.

anyway it’s all history now. The boys gave it a good go that’s all we can ask for.

now let’s see some of this fight in the league so we can win these next few games in a row!

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

we need the money to avoid financial calamity 

I think our parachute payment next season is around £40/£50m. Almost £100m guaranteed in the prem.  it’s simply not a good option for us to remain in the championship - on any basis unless you’re a fan of a long period in the second tier. 

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It was the lightest of touches by Doyle on Jackson and he goes down. It was a perfectly instinctive drop something he’s worked on in training. No effort to even slightly stay on his feet. Oh well the rules say any contact right? Bollox.

started with vesty getting turned in an instant and it was 1 v 1. Atleast do the legged it back and tried.

anyway it’s all history now. The boys gave it a good go that’s all we can ask for.

now let’s see some of this fight in the league so we can win these next few games in a row!

He was running at pace and his ankles had been clipped. 

Honestly I can't be arsed reading opinion on here at the moment. How does a football fan watch that and question it? Seriously? Lord give me strength.

• Like 2