Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Enzo has no clue when we go down to 10. We still try to build from the back as normal but being a man down leaves us limited options to pass out, so we keep turning over the ball near our goal. Just as at Cov, he also took off Mavididi when surely you need to keep as much pace and running power up top as possible, to give you some sort of threat on the break. We'd have probably lost anyway, but our set up certainly didn't help. 

Tbf I thought Justin on for Mav made loads of sense. Justin gets to play his more accustomed full back role and support the attack, while mostly being in his defensive position.

Also think the plan was to low block and hope Chelsea over committed...leaving us a counter chance. To be fair to Chelsea they found two really good goals past this set up.

• Like 2

Just now, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Because at the time he gave the yellow he also gave a pen. As soon as it was a free kick it's a red. 

Double jeapody rule, pen and yellow for last man, free kick and red. 

So as it was a free kick as ruled by VAR, it's a red all day long. 

Right, but if he karate kicked him in the area and have a penalty away he’d only have got yellow? Just seems bizarre.

• Like 1

Enzo definitely needs to work on our defence before Bristol City. At the minute it feels we need to score 2 plus and we are going to need to grind out wins if Fatawu and Stephy are not always at it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

If it was a red all day why did the ref give a yellow? He was still last man whether it was in or out the box.

Had to give him yellow to avoid double jeopardy.

Once it was outside the box it is technically stopping a legitimate goal scoring opportunity/last man so has to be a red.

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

Why give that a lol reaction @weller54?

As a so called Leicester fan, are you too not gutted that we lost?

No I'm not.. we were never going to win the thing!

Promotion is the absolute priority (purely for financial reasons!!).  IF we had won today a looming semi final would have been the last thing we needed under our current circumstances. Now I really hope the Manager and the players focus on what's desperately needed, an upturn in form and desire to finish what our aim was this season!

Would have been totally different if we were 10/12 points clear at the top (remember that!!?) but we've spunked that comfort gap away in true Leicester City style.

Come 5pm today we're probably 2nd, with a rampant Ipswich close behind, we've hit a brick wall... Bristol City is sh1t or bust in my opinion.

Losing today was always going to be the highly likely result and it turned out exactly that.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Because the ref initially thought it was in the box and gave a penalty, which meant it wasn’t a red card because of the double jeopardy rule. Once it was corrected to a free kick, the double jeopardy rule no longer applied so it was a red.

When did this double jeopardy rule come in? 

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Tbf I thought Justin on for Mav made loads of sense. Justin gets to play his more accustomed full back role and support the attack, while mostly being in his defensive position.

Also think the plan was to low block and hope Chelsea over committed...leaving us a counter chance. To be fair to Chelsea they found two really good goals past this set up.

Once mav went off what attack was there? 

• Like 1

When will Maresca realise that we cannot play with an inverted full back unless Ricardo is available.  3 at the back adding Coady to the 2 centre backs should have been at the start.  Why not bring Albrighton on the right wing.  Better defender than Yunus and a better winger.  We might have got a few crosses in when Vestergaard went up front.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I guess Brighton have managed to play the same style without elite players, but they've been a PL team for a while now, so are better equipped to do it than we would be. 

I think the key is having some rapid defenders. But fast defenders who are great on the ball are not cheap.

I think their system is a little less reliant on control though so I agree to an extent but we also have to remember they have world class recruitment. We have eroded/had our recruitment system dismantled over the years. 

The last time I felt like we had a good system in place was under Puel. 

This really isn’t a dig at a set of fans but I’ve been quite confused that we have a rather large part of our fan base who think our system can work next season because we will be improving the player base, whilst ignoring we have Rudkin in charge, then lots of those same individuals are the same ones saying he’s useless 😂 

I’m really not sure if I’m hopeful or fearful for us at the moment, we simply have to go up to save the club, but if we do it could be a very rapid descent back down. 
on the one hand we need significant investment in Enzo to make this work, on the other hand if we do that and go down we will be ruined for a generation. 

• Like 1

Was Pearce even watching the game? Why would we be booing Disasi? Probably too busy recollecting how Palmer's uncle's, next-door neighbour's, great, great grandad ran out for Chelsea back in 1918 after coming back from the war, but only played three times for the club before a career ending injury. The latter something I wish Pearce would pick up.

20 hours ago, Collymore said:

It was so annoying - seems jobs for the boys with very little effort put into to research. 

Some of the things I noticed:

- mistaking a Leicester fan for a Chelsea fan when talking about a nervous looking supporter. 

- Big Jan's height being 6ft 3 when he's more closer to 6ft 7

- then the misconception he's brilliant the air.

- the booing of the defender when they were shouting "SHOOOOOOT!" This one got me the most as why would a set of fans boo a player that just scored an own goal - there's no logic in it!

- mixing Ndidi and Mavadidi up quite a bit. 

- Describing Yunus like he's some sort of centre forward when he came on. 

There was probably more I missed. They were horrendous! 

The media are only bothered about the so called ‘big' clubs. 
I’d be surprised if they’ve realised Bury went out of business a few years back.

Let them join their European League & take the circus with them.

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

There was that one break late in the game - pretty sure it was still 2-2, where KDH did so well to make the run, streaming down the middle with Justin running down the left, and he stops, and switches the ball to the other side, completely killing the attack.  I remember this because I involuntarily yelled at the screen. It can be frustrating.

You must be one of them route one merchants :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Promotion is the absolute priority (purely for financial reasons!!).  IF we had won today a looming semi final would have been the last thing we needed under our current circumstances. Now I really hope the Manager and the players focus on what's desperately needed, an upturn in form and desire to finish what our aim was this season!

Would have been totally different if we were 10/12 points clear at the top (remember that!!?) but we've spunked that comfort gap away in true Leicester City style.

Come 5pm today we're probably 2nd, with a rampant Ipswich close behind, we've hit a brick wall... Bristol City is sh1t or bust in my opinion.

Losing today was always going to be the highly likely result and it turned out exactly that.

Rampant Ipswich, the same Ipswich who spunked away a lead last week in injury time? The same Ipswich who took less points then us over our last two league games?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

If it was a red all day why did the ref give a yellow? He was still last man whether it was in or out the box.

Double jeopardy means as long as it wasn't violent conduct/ no attempt made to get the ball only a yellow can be given

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

You must be great fun at parties!

• Haha 1

Having 3 slow defenders on the pitch against a fast attack was a massive risk to take and it back fired on Enzo. 

We went two goals down because of that decision but then managed to get back into the game through a flukey own goal and a great finish by Mavididi. 

The red card has killed us today. Just as the Chelsea fans were turning against their own side aswell! Mavididi was just gaining confidence and started to run at his full back but then had to be hauled off. 

Dewsbury-hall was brilliant today aswell as Winks. Both of those two look like premier league players. 

Ricardo is a massive miss for us in the inverted full back position.