Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) 4-2 Post-Match Thread

I don't think we can have any arguments with the sending off.

Call it clumsy, clever or accidental, the point still remains that its the denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

Ultimately, I think we gave them a good game whilst they were sh1t. We looked very vulnerable whenever they managed anything of any quality.

Down to 10 men, playing ultra defensive, it was only ever going to end one way wether in normal time or extra time.

Dewsbury Hall gave a good account of himself but we already know he can hold his own in the premier league. 

I'm worried about a lot of our squad making the step up and today did absolutely nothing to quell those worries.

• Like 4

We have plenty of CB choices. For me Faes has too many mistakes in him and today reinforced that. I don't think he is calm under pressure either in the stressful games to come. Coady gets the nod for me along side Vesty and probably Justin for his pace going forward after today.

14 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Only a one match ban for a professional foul isn't it?

Not sure if FA cup red card affects the championship because Vestegaard's championship suspension didn't stop him playing against Bournemouth. 

Although we had played well we were done for at 0-2, but the own goal injected some surprise spirit which culminated in Mavididi's fine goal. Anything could have happened at 2-2, but the sending off and the need to rejig removed any hope. Nevertheless, a decent performance against a greedy 6 team.

Motm for me was Ndidi.

• Like 1

I fear that game is a vision of what next season might look like if we go up. Play quite well, look decent going forward, miss the odd big chance that comes our way and concede millions of goals. Hopefully we can learn and adapt but with the financial constraints we are likely to be under I'm not hugely optimistic that will be possible.

28 minutes ago, Blackstarr said:

We have no chance playing with inverted fullbacks and trying to copy pep with the players we have. It’s tactical insanity that sees us give away so many chances every game. Enzo plays a system which for a club our size isn’t sustainable 

There aren't that many teams that can do it successfully, especially in English football. Not got the technique for quick one touch accurate control and pass.

Begs the question why did Maresca come here in the first place if that's his one and only style of play, needing top quality players to execute that style effectively and knowing our finances. 

Are  we just an experiment to see if you can improve average players to that level or a stepping stone for him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Good second half really. I'm reasonably encouraged that we won't have to do too much to the squad to be competitive if we get promoted. And at least the Leicester women have given us a semi.

I had a full on one this morning.

• Haha 1

Red card obviously a game changer in the end and a bit of individual brilliance proving to be the real difference. Obviously very tired towards the end as well. Played our way. With some improvements next season should we get promoted there’s no reason why we can’t compete. 

• Like 4

Have a decent account of ourselves we aren’t the side we once were so that wasn’t a bad effort from us, players aren’t gonna get the same joy and be able to dominate like they do in the league for large periods we were the better side, think it shows it we go up 2/3 new starters and we can confident of staying up

40 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Can somebody explain keeping Daka on and moving Vesty up to striker (they actually did it)

instead of bringing on Nacho and/or Cannon

It really doesn't make any sense to me.  Can somebody help?

I cannot explain that Ian didn’t get a kick. 

How Daka gets playing time I never know. 

He’s proven he’s can’t control a football, neither has he any proficiency to hold the ball up,  pass the football, head a ball on target or convert goalscoring chances.

Worrying decisions made by the manager. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Red card obviously a game changer in the end and a bit of individual brilliance proving to be the real difference. Obviously very tired towards the end as well. Played our way. With some improvements next season should we get promoted there’s no reason why we can’t compete. 

Maybe with serious improvements 

39 minutes ago, ronnup said:

KDH put himself right in the shop window. We wouldn't have beat City so not too gutted

Bang on. KDH added crucial pound notes to the fee we'll need to get for him in the summer. Not sure which City you were referring to, Man or Cov? Either way...

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Not a bad performance at all. 

Had some weird responses to the game, but ultimately they’re a billion point side and we embarrassed Chelsea frankly. 

Some silly mistakes cost us, which is my biggest concern going forward this season, we’re now getting punished for those mistakes. 

Still, some hope that we might be able to salvage this season yet, we need to take the positives from this game today, 9 cup finals coming up. 

Only complaints are Enzo doesn’t trust the likes of Albrighton and Coady, if we don’t go up, it will because Enzo has failed to recognise this, his inexperience as a manager could be our undoing. 

Yet this new manager,who does obviously  have a lot to learn, has turned our fortunes around quicker than you & many more thought he would…

More time than not he’s been clever….Like introducing all the squad players

into the fold…More of his selections have been spot on..
Or you are not topping the Championship,against more experienced managers

with only 9 games to go..

And playing upto a 1/4 final in the FACup…Fans hopes destroyed more by their fantasies and dreams of anhiliating every side we come across,& expecting every player to walk on water…We have a top,maybe PL standard squad…but well down

high pecking order…Quqlity we have seen,but even in same periods lack of holding a consistent high form….They wear our shirts and have done us proud…

but Fan frustration expecting a full up front quality isn’t yet there…………But..

they are ours..& so far made us forget a very all round pathetic squad and club last season..

The rebuild has only just started,its far from completing any  type of full circle..

This is the time to give some slack on most of the squad….

until proved or earnt otherwise…

We are still a Championship side with

a new top manager learning his squad full capabilities,

and his trade , pressing the buttons at the right time…

I just hope he wants to take the ride further with us,

no matter how our season finishes..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He’s proven he’s can’t control a football, neither has he any proficiency to hold the ball up,  pass the football, head a ball on target or convert goalscoring chances.

What oprions did he have. Vardy out injured. Kelechi out of Form, Cannon not up to pace fitness and match wise.

Who else could he bring on. ?

Kelechi won't be here next season, you're much better off giving Daka and Cannon the time to improve on their skills for our way of playing.

Thought Daka did okay without really having much opportunity to be involved today. Presses so much better than any other forward we have 

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I'll bite.

Nacho has been shite this season and provides the pressing capabilities of my nan. It's a concern the goal contributions have dried up in the last few games, but even so, today Daka pressed their defence and keeper into a number of mistakes. I thought his control when he came in deep was largely good. 2 header chances today I would like to have seen him do better, but he hardly had a tonne of chances come his way. I don't see Nacho being a transformative option today.

• Like 1