Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlexFT

International Break - Time To Reset

It's clear this international break comes at the right time, in terms of the need for a reset and hopefully getting some players back. The momentum is now very much with Leeds and that 3-1 game was always going to be a turning point. By letting a 17 point lead slip away at the top, we've simply got to hit the ground running in the final 9 matches.

• Like 1

I think it will at least give Maresca time to think about any tweaks needed even if some don’t get to rest due to being on international duty.  Might give him a chance to assess some fringe players too, to see if they are ready to come in and play.

an international break is always good to regroup in moments like this even if not everyone rests..

3 hours ago, AlexFT said:

It's clear this international break comes at the right time, in terms of the need for a reset and hopefully getting some players back. The momentum is now very much with Leeds and that 3-1 game was always going to be a turning point. By letting a 17 point lead slip away at the top, we've simply got to hit the ground running in the final 9 matches.

leeds have to play at cov and thats one i feel they could drop pts where i think we could win all our left games albeit very close , squad may be the big decider plus wilf back and rico due back at easter im told?

20 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Wish this was true but we have internationals in the squad who likely won't 

Who? Of the strongest 11 maybe Mads and Vestergaard? Neither are likely to start.

Ndidi, but surely he’ll have his game time managed.

Anyone else?

im not 100 per cent but im sure on the last break they were playing well soon as they came back after the break it was the start of a bad run right up to this one ,so hopefully the tables will turn and they go on a unbeaten run and wrap it up, we shouldt be looking at wat others are doing however but we are .and last few games theres signs not al is lost .i was not in favor of a cup run as never going to win it .we need to get our goal diffrence back and go on a winning run its still in our own hands if we all win our remaning games wont matter about goal diffrence lol

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who's actually away with an international team? Mads and Faes?

Daka, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vestergaard. 

Maybe Fatawu. 

And the big miss will be Ward... 

The first 30 mins back is going to be huge! An early goal and I think we all get that belief back and the squad kicks on. The thought of conceding and the negativity all returning is grim.  I don’t care how we get the result we just need to get something and get our momentum going again. 

It’s madness that it feels like we’ve been in this league for  a minute but we are down to the run-in already. Expect twists and turns and just enjoy the drama of it all. 

I personally need to shake off the ‘we’re too good for this league nonsense’ as do most of our fans. It’s not healthy. We don’t appreciate a win as much as we should and I think Enzo was bang on with that earlier in the season. I want the truly special feeling of a goal back, rather than it just being a relief, it’s felt this way for too long.  I can’t explain it but that cup goal hit different and felt like what’s been missing from the football for me recently. 

Edited by Lambert09

17 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think this forum needs an international break more than anything else lol 

Complain about England being shit instead and then come back re-energized for a huge Easter Weekend

Best suggestion ever! 
take. some time off ft & lcfc agreed. 👍🏾

1 hour ago, george55 said:

im not 100 per cent but im sure on the last break they were playing well soon as they came back after the break it was the start of a bad run right up to this one ,so hopefully the tables will turn and they go on a unbeaten run and wrap it up, we shouldt be looking at wat others are doing however but we are .and last few games theres signs not al is lost .i was not in favor of a cup run as never going to win it .we need to get our goal diffrence back and go on a winning run its still in our own hands if we all win our remaning games wont matter about goal diffrence lol

The last international break was November,  following that the next 10 we won 8 and drew 2. I'd take that :)

• Like 2