Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

Im saying it now, Enzo must go. We are going to lose a lot of players in the summer and we will struggle to stay in the championship unless something drastic changes. Promotion? Forget it. Not going to happen. That was a complete shit show from start to finish. Garbage.  

I’m usually very much a glass half-full type, but at this precise moment I can see nothing but an extended period in the wilderness for us. If we don’t go up, the EFL will hit us hard enough to keep us down and from then on it will just get harder and harder to get back up…

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Players playing like they know they are not here next season. Happened last year and now this

Exactly this. They might be professionals but they’ll never fight for our club or care for it like we do. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Have to say that last 15 minutes was amongst the worst spells of football I can remember seeing from us in a long time. Just awful. 

I agree totally. That scraped even the lows of Brendan. The players look lost in a system they don't have faith in (again)

Can someone start a rumour that Enzo’s in a relationship with a player so we can sack him too. 

Genuinely should have just kept Rodgers, it’s the same football. Would have saved us 10m and he couldn’t have done any worse. 

I said on 65 minutes I'm mentally preparing for the usual poor end to the game.

Then we conceded, and I had absolutely no faith we'd make Bristol work for it.

We must be the easiest teams in the football league to close a win out against. 

All of that is one thing, but what concerns me more is the poor performances right across the pitch. Every single one of them out there played like they had their boots on the wrong foot. Would love to know our pass completion percentage.

Special mentions for Mavididi, KDH, and James Justin who were so poor that it took some doing to be that bad and avoid match fixing charges.

• Haha 1

I mean, we know that odds wise we've conquered some pretty out there ones in our recent history.  But had you offered me 5000-1 two months ago in not finishing top 2 I'd have kept the quid in my pocket.  That's how much of a monumental fcuk up this is unraveling in to.

For me, from the position we were in, this is worse than the two Champions League collapses as you could argue we were punching above our weight to be in those positions in the first place.

I don't think we will ever see another team blow a 17 point lead in such a short space of time in our lifetimes. 

It defies logic what we are doing.

• Like 1

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but if we lose on Monday, Enzo has to go. 

I’ve loved the football at times this season. But he has absolutely zero idea of how to play when we’re not winning. If we go 1-0 down it’s generally over. The lack of invention off the bench and the lack of interest in using the bench are also huge issues for me. 

If we lose on Monday we’ll likely be 3rd with a game in hand over the top two. I’m fairly sure someone decent will fancy their chances at a 7 game shootout to get us up. Not going up automatically with this squad is an absolute shambles. 

Come at me if you want. But you’re the same people that wanted BR in charge and look how that went.

• Like 1

Slow and poor positionally in defence

Justin can't pass

Winks was poor

Dewsbury Hall and kdh not interested and poor 

Fatawu is useless

Vardy poor on front of goal (daka and kel would've been hung for today's performance)

Albrighton and coady rotting away on the bench.

Apart from Vardys finishing, EVERYTHING else is enzos fault .. he's destroyed the mindset of this team.. so negative.

Clubs rotten right from the top. Both the mens and womens teams have major issues, the footballs terrible 

Start by sacking Enzo and playing the experienced players.. then we might have a chance. We bottle the play offs

Let's be honest the way we have been playing in the championship since Christmas are we really surprised we lost today, I don't think deep down we expected anything different, but the most worrying is that in all that time we have never looked to make any change in the way, style or mentality going into games and I don't see that changing any time soon, short of changing the manager.

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1

Mentality isnt there, looked like I was two teams with nothing to play for, Bristol City getting winner from outside the box, something Enzo has told our players to stop doing.

I think its a combination of the players having lost faith in the system, and them knowing they wont be here next season.

Cant see this being turned around now, its the playoffs with a team that isnt believing in themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

I’m usually very much a glass half-full type, but at this precise moment I can see nothing but an extended period in the wilderness for us. If we don’t go up, the EFL will hit us hard enough to keep us down and from then on it will just get harder and harder to get back up…

I think we’ll go bankrupt if we don’t go up this season.