Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

PSR RULE CHANGE

4 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

If they won't/can't whack Man City they won't us either but where that leaves Everton and Florist I don't know 

Our sentence will be resolved way before Man City's so there's a flaw in your logic there! How quickly this gets voted in (if at all) will determine if we get punished for 23/24 etc. The current charge will stay regardless I imagine.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Can they really scrap the current system having punished 2 clubs already?

Might be a few lawyers from Forest and Everton asking that..

Feel the horse has already bolted on that one.

It's a good question. Hence why we will likely be punished for 2020-2023 irrespective of whether the rules are scrapped or not. But if PSR IS going to be abandoned, it will likely reduce the appetite to make an example of any club with excessively harsh penalties. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

So the rules can never change again because two clubs have been punished? Don't think it matters what's happened before, football is ever evolving!

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 1

So the rules, voted in by 2/3 of the clubs, were to protect the big 6 monopoly and the abolition of them, supported by 17 clubs, is to protect the big 6's monopoly.

Some of the conspiracy theories on here make flat earthers look rational.

My personal favourite being Daka's goal at Leeds being disallowed so the EFL could make more money out of a Leicester vs Southampton play-off final!

We are not being persecuted, relax.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

And the lawyers from those clubs that are well run and actually abided with PSR rules will also have something to say I suspect.

• Like 2

They'll introduce this with the understanding that any club charged with rule breaks within the last 2 years will still be punished but any longer than that and they won't. It'll then take them 2 years and a day to get around to charging Man City. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Our sentence will be resolved way before Man City's so there's a flaw in your logic there! How quickly this gets voted in (if at all) will determine if we get punished for 23/24 etc. The current charge will stay regardless I imagine.

I do agree that my logic is simplistic, but also that this won't be as straight forward as cut off dates, that's why lawyers earn the big bucks. And look how well Man City's have done.

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Any change will be for next season onwards. It won’t mean that we escape points deductions for last season and this season.

I think it would give the charged clubs a strong argument that the rules aren't fit for purpose and could result in a legal challenge. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

So the rules can never change again because two clubs have been punished? Don't think it matters what's happened before, football is ever evolving!

True but some will say it potentially protects bigger clubs who might be in trouble.

Seems a way off yet .

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would this mean Man City avoid punishment? 

They avoid punishment no matter what. Apparently its too complicated so we let them carry on regardless.

Less of a problem if Everton and Forest stay up. Also seems hard to see how the failure to punish Man City did not have a massive effect on our finances. Surely the EPL failure  to follow its own rules takes some explaining 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

They'll introduce this with the understanding that any club charged with rule breaks within the last 2 years will still be punished but any longer than that and they won't. It'll then take them 2 years and a day to get around to charging Man City. 

Interestingly all points deductions so far have been manufactured to not impact relegation. Wonder if we will end up getting something paltry like 2 points.

So, if ive understood this right. The way to stop clubs jeopardising their future by spending too much comparative to revenue, is to make that spending even more expensive, leaving the club's with even greater exposure to debt?

Perfect

• Like 1

its the biggest ' roll over and tickly my belly' that they could possibly come up with.  it's basically an admittance that they have 'lost' the fight against the big 6. i see it as a last ditch attempt to stop the big 6 from trying a breakaway league again..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

its the biggest ' roll over and tickly my belly' that they could possibly come up with.  it's basically an admittance that they have 'lost' the fight against the big 6. i see it as a last ditch attempt to stop the big 6 from trying a breakaway league again..

Except this new rule would also help clubs further down the table, like us, Everton and Forest. 

Why are we talking about the big 6? The only clubs that have broken these new PSR rules are relegation scrappers like Everton, Nottingham Forest and ourselves. If we don't want our club getting hit by consecutive points deductions and being thrown into championship mediocrity this is the best case scenario for us.

56 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

It's the hope that kills you! 

At the same time it just gives these charlatans that run our club a way out, still need to be held accountable!

Also worth noting in that article the Premier League have s**t the bed realising the rules they've implemented to stop clubs spending had made their beloved transfer windows boring and diminishes their product. YOU HAVE TO LAUGH!

Yea they've realised we'd become the same as the Scottish Premier and other leagues, where only a few dominant clubs rule. Let's face it, the current rules even prevent Newcastle and all their money from joining the big boys party.

43 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Don't think we'll be let off that easily. We'll still get whacked for breaking the rules as they were at the time.

But then surely so would Man City, so if this is part of the reason for bringing this in, as some have said, it wouldn't save Man. City either.

I look forward to us running up massive losses paying random 28-31 year olds 80k a week to sit in the crowd because they're not good enough to get into our squad

On the plus side - this will accelerate the destruction of football in the country

6 minutes ago, Viva said:

Except this new rule would also help clubs further down the table, like us, Everton and Forest. 

Sure Forest and Everton can manage it for a couple of seasons ( spending big) but long term it would be unsustainable for them.. but make no mistake, the likes of Man City are the main benefactors here...

I will say though that Newcastle owners are probably keen for this to happen , but it also makes it possible for foreign investors to buy a sleeping giant, again...

33 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The problem we have is that there exist no precedent. However, what we can apply is treatment of regulators (in this case the PL) in other industry - particularly public bodies. 

The underlying principle is that a regulator holds no direct liability (there are exceptions but generally this is the case). Provided that the rules at the time of applying were correct, there would be little recourse for historic. 

More so, on a change of rules the bodies impacted would agree where one set of rules apply and where another ceases - again, protecting the regulator from future claims. 

The PL in this instance is a regulator enforcing the rules. And in this case, those rules chosen by the ones governed by it. 

Of course, variable ins and outs but that is the logical answer if I am asked. 

• Like 1