Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

PSR RULE CHANGE

Not necessarily a bad idea but needs to be punitively large.

A scale that goes well over 100% of overspend if huge… the fines / tax should then be re-distributed to the clubs that didn’t break the rules and a portion to the Championship

6 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Can they really scrap the current system having punished 2 clubs already?

Might be a few lawyers from Forest and Everton asking that..

Feel the horse has already bolted on that one.

My thoughts exactly, if Everton, Forest still get punished then Chelsea, Man City, etc all the others mentioned should get punished too.

Or they reinstate the ones deducted.

• Like 2

Whilst any change won’t affect stuff that’s already happened,  the future for Chelsea looked pretty tough for a few seasons and this change would certainly help them.  It certainly won’t be much help for spurs who run a tight ship re psr and Man City who have got themselves into a very good place re psr. I’d say that this change in general is going to be more beneficial for the other 14 than the rich six. 

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Don't think we'll be let off that easily. We'll still get whacked for breaking the rules as they were at the time.

I wish they would just bloody get on with it!

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst any change won’t affect stuff that’s already happened,  the future for Chelsea looked pretty tough for a few seasons and this change would certainly help them.  It certainly won’t be much help for spurs who run a tight ship re psr and Man City who have got themselves into a very good place re psr. I’d say that this change in general is going to be more beneficial for the other 14 than the rich six. 

Spurs have reported £86.8m losses this year and are scrambling for investors.

14 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Spurs have reported £86.8m losses this year and are scrambling for investors.

The ‘scramble’ for an investor is probably related to the news today.  Joe Lewis isn’t putting anything in now and levy doesn’t have assets 

9 hours ago, happy85 said:

Premier League clubs are considering abolishing points deductions and introducing a 'luxury tax', Mail Sport can reveal.

Radical reform has been discussed among the clubs and an entirely new system could be voted in at the end of the season meeting in June. As many as 17 of the 20 clubs are thought to be leaning towards significant change. Fourteen clubs need to be in agreement to get a rule change through.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271249/Premier-League-eyeing-ABOLISHING-points-deductions-introducing-NBA-style-luxury-tax-fears-stars-leave-rules-restrict-pay-Everton-Nottingham-Forest-lost-points.html

Could save Leicester points deduction in PL

And Manchester City!!

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

This just highlights the need for football to have an independent football regulator, the fact they are saying we should be allowed to lose as much as we want as long as we pay a fine is crazy.

We have over spent regarding the £35m per season allowance. Do the owners have money to cover this. If so then I would call the penalties being suggested a restriction of trade. No other businesses are restricted like this. I feel this is a Bosman moment where the football authorities are acting illegally. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Something needs to change to make it a more even playing field but all the clubs across Europe need to come together and just stop with the ridiculous wages and transfer fees. Even some of the biggest clubs in the world like Barce and Juve have ended up in financial difficulty, so it's just got to stop. It doesn't matter whether the owners of Man C and PSG etc have endless amounts of money, the game cannot continue the way it is. The big clubs will always have the bigger wages bills and pay the higher transfer fees, but they shouldn't be paying more than £100k a week to any player and the likes of us shouldn't be paying more than £50k a week to any player. Take the money away from the agents and players and make football affordable to all fans again in terms of TV subscriptions, matchday tickets and merch. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, adam said:

So basically. Everyone can spend what they want but if you go over you pay a bit of tax into a pot.

Sounds decent that for the big 6.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Spurs wont be liking this, they are the ones who want PSR based on turnover and sporting punishments as it preserves their advantage.

Luxury tax rule allows everyone else to become a Man City.

Luckily it can be voted in without them, the bad news is we not in the EPL to now take advantage of this.   If EFL doesnt adopt the same rule, then it will become harder to stay up after promotion.  But this makes it easier for existing smaller EPL clubs to challenge the big ones and to stay in the EPL.

Edited by Chrysalis

11 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

We have over spent regarding the £35m per season allowance. Do the owners have money to cover this. If so then I would call the penalties being suggested a restriction of trade. No other businesses are restricted like this. I feel this is a Bosman moment where the football authorities are acting illegally. 

I've thought this too, these rules brought in to stop clubs "doing a Portsmouth" are going to send lots of clubs into a tailspin. All that's required is to ban borrowing. If owners want to gamble on success they have to do it with their own money.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

I've thought this too, these rules brought in to stop clubs "doing a Portsmouth" are going to send lots of clubs into a tailspin. All that's required is to ban borrowing. If owners want to gamble on success they have to do it with their own money.

Owners would just borrow money from other sources, businesses, popup accounts and it would be lost in their finances, but if they walk away, the clubs is till screwed so not sure how that helps. I mean look at the cause of a lot of our woe/mismanagement, it’s wages, chasing the dream without prudence. The owner/club needs to pay this, so if they walk away and lose their responsibility in related businesses they cannot be tied too, the club is effectively ruined.

Guest leatherhead32
Just now, filthyfox said:

I bet the ***** get no punishment

so its us,  forest everton and spurs who are allegedly naughty ? who will be deducted most points and who least , i dunno but we all know whos guna be 3rd 

I am surprised at the reaction to the changes, and the general support to the existing FFP.

A surprisingly high amount of football supporters think the current FFP genuinely makes the game fairer.  Whilst what it actually does is entrench an advantage to clubs with higher turnover.

For this reason I consider the luxury tax a step forward, it actually will allow social mobility in football, Man City been able to compete is an example of that, if it was them or Chelsea the top division would be dominated by Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool right now.  Same thing different clubs, but for those clubs people consider it more legitimate simply because they are buying their current success with past success.  They just have huge turnover from foreign sales, and sponsorship deals (made possible by their favourable TV coverage).

The ultimate FFP would be a flat spend limit whether its a squad spend limit or a salary cap, but the sport refuses to go down that road even though other sports have done it successfully.  Even with that the big clubs would of course have an advantage as so many players will always want to play for them, but that isnt enough, they want as big an advantage as possible.

I can understand fans of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Manchester United supporting the current FFP, but everyone else? it crazy.

We need to remove profit/loss/turnover from FFP.  Nothing wrong with factoring in external debt, but allow social mobility in football.

--

Let me put it this way which will hopefully sound stupid and highlight the point.  If Luton decide to spend the same as Liverpool apparently this is unfair on Liverpool and cheating.

Edited by Chrysalis

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am surprised at the reaction to the changes, and the general support to the existing FFP.

A surprisingly high amount of football supporters think the current FFP genuinely makes the game fairer.  Whilst what it actually does is entrench an advantage to clubs with higher turnover.

For this reason I consider the luxury tax a step forward, it actually will allow social mobility in football, Man City been able to compete is an example of that, if it was them or Chelsea the top division would be dominated by Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool right now.  Same thing different clubs, but for those clubs people consider it more legitimate simply because they are buying their current success with past success.  They just have huge turnover from foreign sales, and sponsorship deals (made possible by their favourable TV coverage).

The ultimate FFP would be a flat spend limit whether its a squad spend limit or a salary cap, but the sport refuses to go down that road even though other sports have done it successfully.  Even with that the big clubs would of course have an advantage as so many players will always want to play for them, but that isnt enough, they want as big an advantage as possible.

I can understand fans of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Manchester United supporting the current FFP, but everyone else? it crazy.

We need to remove profit/loss/turnover from FFP.  Nothing wrong with factoring in external debt, but allow social mobility in football.

--

Let me put it this way which will hopefully sound stupid and highlight the point.  If Luton decide to spend the same as Liverpool apparently this is unfair on Liverpool and cheating.

I've not met anyone that thinks it makes the game fairer.

22 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

We can drop into non league and they can spend as much as they want.

They've chosen to enter competitions where there are rules they agree to. Should we be allowed to play 25 players on a Saturday afternoon because we have them?

Again...our average wage was 90k pw. 4.5m a year to some really really average footballers. It's the obscene wages that are the the problem - not the rules. 

• Like 2