Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

PSR RULE CHANGE

Premier League clubs are considering abolishing points deductions and introducing a 'luxury tax', Mail Sport can reveal.

Radical reform has been discussed among the clubs and an entirely new system could be voted in at the end of the season meeting in June. As many as 17 of the 20 clubs are thought to be leaning towards significant change. Fourteen clubs need to be in agreement to get a rule change through.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271249/Premier-League-eyeing-ABOLISHING-points-deductions-introducing-NBA-style-luxury-tax-fears-stars-leave-rules-restrict-pay-Everton-Nottingham-Forest-lost-points.html

Could save Leicester points deduction in PL

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Premier League clubs are considering abolishing points deductions and introducing a 'luxury tax', Mail Sport can reveal.

Radical reform has been discussed among the clubs and an entirely new system could be voted in at the end of the season meeting in June. As many as 17 of the 20 clubs are thought to be leaning towards significant change. Fourteen clubs need to be in agreement to get a rule change through.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271249/Premier-League-eyeing-ABOLISHING-points-deductions-introducing-NBA-style-luxury-tax-fears-stars-leave-rules-restrict-pay-Everton-Nottingham-Forest-lost-points.html

Could save Leicester points deduction in PL

It won’t affect historical sanctions but it may help us avoid future ones 

• Like 1

It's the hope that kills you! 

At the same time it just gives these charlatans that run our club a way out, still need to be held accountable!

Also worth noting in that article the Premier League have s**t the bed realising the rules they've implemented to stop clubs spending had made their beloved transfer windows boring and diminishes their product. YOU HAVE TO LAUGH!

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

What's the luxury tax? I refuse to visit the fail.

Go over - pay a 'fine' that then gets distributed to clubs that don't go over. Like all these things, devil in the detail. Also won't help us for 2022/23. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

*PSR rules exist - "all it does is protect the big 6"

*PSR rules abolished, new sanctions come in that don't limit spending - "all it does is stop the big 6 facing PSR sanctions"

:rolleyes:

Much prefer the latter. Still gives everyone a fairer playing field and if you get taken over by a super rich owner, you can compete! At the moment as we know its a closed shop. We've been punished for trying to compete and its failed spectacularly.

• Like 2

If Top doesn't mind losing money and is happy to pick up the tab then that's fine with me. 

Can you imagine Man City and Newcastle if those new rules came in? It would be like an open cheque book! 

Edited by Collymore

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

This will basically be the end of any PSR 'regulations'  Most clubs who are overspending will just happily take the hit of a few more million on  top and carry on overspending. It would basically be a green light to the top 6 to keep doing what they are doing.

They don't get deductions anyway so may as well let everyone else get away with it.

• Like 2

It's just knee jerk reaction every time isn't it?

They need to have a well defined and easily implementable system in place.  Financial penalties will again only benefit those with super rich owners to whom another few million makes no difference (Newcastle's blood money will be flowing like water).

There needs to be some sort of on-field consequence to get it taken seriously.  If points deductions are unfair, what about having a cap on the value/salary of your matchday squad?  Buy as many ludicrously expensive players as you like but you can only field so many of them at one time.

• Like 1

There's been a part of me that has wondered if we will just get away with this simply because of how disorganised the introduction of it all has been. That isn't to say that us, Everton and Forest don't deserve some sort of punishment for our mismanagement (it's this, rather than 'ambition') but the Everton fans did have half a point with how they were just slapped with 10 out of the blue. There's been no organisation behind it at all and I've always wondered if this may get all of us off the hook somewhat.

They are in danger of making the game a complete farce (even more than it already is). You're going to force a situation where every club needs to sell players while eliminating all of the buyers. Like I say we're a shambles and we deserve slamming, but what's happening does appear to be backing clubs into a no-win situation and that's ultimately going to damage the league.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Don't think we'll be let off that easily. We'll still get whacked for breaking the rules as they were at the time.

If they won't/can't whack Man City they won't us either but where that leaves Everton and Florist I don't know 

24 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Of course. What other reason is there for bringing this in!

Man City are in breach of Financial Fair Play (on 115 occasions). I don't think they're in any danger of breaching Profit and Sustainability but i'm not certain.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Don't think we'll be let off that easily. We'll still get whacked for breaking the rules as they were at the time.

If the rules are being scrapped it might affect the severity of the whack, though. I still think we'll start next season with a 4-6 point deduction. And if PSR is no longer in place by that point, we may also be in a position to invest more heavily in order to overcome that deduction.