Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Millwall A . Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I thought N’didi was awful yesterday. Funny how we can read the same game so differently. Fatawu, on balance, too. He’s wildly erratic. That ball he kept putting behind was infuriating and ultimately got him hooked. Great to see Yunus play in his natural position and not played as an 8. We saw the result of that. Enzo spot

on with the subs finally. Just 10 mins too late. 

Ndidi was good today I thought, but looked leggy from 65-70 mins onwards. Need to wrap him in cotton wool though as he’s critical for this team - just look at the win ratio when he plays (particularly with Ricardo!).

• Haha 1

We simply have to win all of our games from now. Granted our rivals may drop points but we can’t risk relying on them.  But this is Leicester so I imagine we will do our usual fannying about and keep missing the goal just to annoy all us fans!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enzo has to rest some key players for this one otherwise they’ll be in the red zone for key game’s coming up. 

I’d bring in Coady for Faes, Hamza for either Ricardo or Winks, Praet for Wilf, Yunus for Abdul and Nacho for Vardy/Daka. I’d even say Stolarcyk for Mads aswell. 

My fear is he won’t make any changes again! 

56 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Ndidi was woeful. Let the ball go at least 3 times in moments that could’ve resulted in goals. Fatawu too erratic.

Yunus and Praet were what we needed. They linked up and set up Mavididi. Yunus has demonstrated that he’s more than just a bench warmer, and should have more opportunities to start on the wing.

I agree that Yunus and Praet were good changes yesterday. Enzo needs to trust in the bench more, because otherwise players will and possibly are burning out (like Ndidi yesterday).

• Like 1

As much as he doesn’t like it, he needs to use the squad now. Yunus and praet were good when they came on, use them for ndidi and fatawu. We can’t afford for Ricardo to get injured so probably hamza in too. A game coady could be useful in but we know he won’t put him in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I thought N’didi was awful yesterday. Funny how we can read the same game so differently. Fatawu, on balance, too. He’s wildly erratic. That ball he kept putting behind was infuriating and ultimately got him hooked. Great to see Yunus play in his natural position and not played as an 8. We saw the result of that. Enzo spot

on with the subs finally. Just 10 mins too late. 

Wilf got in some great positions but Fatwu kept over hitting the pass or Wilf was a bit slow and knackered

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This lot will be rotten and managed by Neil Harris I’m sure he’ll be telling them to be overly physical and stick it on us. Think we should bring Coady in to help manage that with his experience. I’d be tempted to keep Wilf in just to provide that steel in the midfield that both Praet and Yunus won’t provide. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Raj said:

Give me a shit 0-1 anyway.

Goal coming off Dakas @rsehole in the 4th minute and we hold on for dear life😁

That's the only way he would score tbf...:D

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-tries-correct-leicester-9210162?fbclid=IwAR2KAMUSJcIoJ1I1QV1P0fuSKXPbqiaQUoDZGPL7e1lchwrI7jdcJzWYbwY_aem_AXDle-ILgGVrr7uG7ucqO62LjvrIswxMSN3yqqUfTtgMiEHkoW-8WjRw5mUyYoZ1dXHJ7KMvUZpjtX6h28o-CnuH

Enzo Maresca tries to correct Leicester City relegation issue to win race with Leeds and Ipswich
The Leicester City manager reacts to his side's late win over Birmingham, a result that took them top after their promotion rivals Leeds and Ipswich both slipped up

ByJordan Blackwell
18:48, 6 APR 2024

Leicester City must treat every game as if it’s the finale to their season to correct the mentality that relegated them, Enzo Maresca has said.

City enjoyed a perfect day on Saturday as Stephy Mavididi scored a winner three minutes from time to see them past Birmingham, and with promotion rivals Ipswich and Leeds losing to Norwich and Coventry. It means City are back on top of the table, and with a game in hand.

But to ensure City get the job done and secure promotion to the Premier League, they have to go into every match as if it is their final chance to go up. Maresca said they did that against the Blues and will do the same against Millwall on Tuesday.

It’s also a matter of balancing emotions. That’s something Maresca admitted he didn’t manage to do when Mavididi scored and during wild full-time celebrations at the King Power Stadium.

“It has been very good,” Maresca said when asked about Leeds and Ipswich losing. “But at this stage, it’s about controlling the balance. When you win you are up there and when you lose you are down there. In this moment, the most important thing for us is to manage the emotions. That is something I didn’t do at the end of the game!”

Asked specifically about going back to the top of the table, Maresca said: “Now it’s about Tuesday’s game. Nothing more than that. I’ve been saying the same: Tuesday for us finishes the season. We need to go game by game like it’s like this.

“Probably last year the relegation was because when there were 10 games to go, you were always thinking: ‘We dropped points today but we’ve got the next one.’ No, no, no. There is no next one. Tuesday finishes the league. Today finishes the league. This is the way we need to think. Otherwise it can be difficult.”

While City were on top for most of the second half, they were finding it difficult to create chances until Mavididi popped up with a late header. The cross for the goal came from Yunus Akgun, who was introduced moments early and who helped improve City, Maresca believes.

“I’m very happy, especially for the way we won the game, the manager said. “We played well all the game. But unfortunately we conceded a goal at the end of the first half. The team continued in the same way second half. We deserved to win.

“Sometimes when you are there and you try and struggle, you have to be worried for the transition, But we were controlling the game and at the end we deserved to win the game. The guys controlled the transition fantastic.

“At the end the reward has been important. I think the team was playing good. But then we were playing even better with Dennis (Praet) and Yunus. I’m happy for all of them.”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen

Justin (DO NOT PLAY INVERTED)

Vestergaard

Coady

Doyle

Praet

Winks

KDH

Yunus

Vardy

Mavididi

Yes I think there's a good chance NDiddi will be rested because he looked knackered yesterday. He could rest Ricardo also as he put in a lot of work yesterday.

The mood is good again Players and Fans are smiling so we just need to keep the tempo up and blow them away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I agree that Yunus and Praet were good changes yesterday. Enzo needs to trust in the bench more, because otherwise players will and possibly are burning out (like Ndidi yesterday).

I don’t think Ndidi has been back long enough to burn out. I don’t think he’s going to be back to usual standards in time to be relied upon as a starter.

Neil Harris has been quite damning of his players after their last two defeats and the natives are restless.

If we keep our cool and stick to our game plan we should run out comfortable winners.

0-2

Edited by Izzy

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Neil Harris has been quite damning of his players after their last two defeats and the natives are restless.

If we keep our cool and stick to our game plan we should run out comfortable winners.

0-2

Win by more than a 1 goal margin? Get out of here :D