Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Millwall A . Tuesday.

Difficult balance between momentum and rest for key players at this stage of the season.

I'd give Ricardo and Wilf a rest but otherwise unchanged. Would like to see Justin as a standard (not inverted) right back but seems unlikely so guess he'll play Hamza. Vardy on at 60 minutes again then start him on Friday.

Hermansen

Choudhury

Coady

Vestergaard

JJ

Winks

Praet

KDH

Yunus

Vardy

Mavididi

I’m sure all the ‘rested’ players could manage half an hour off the bench if they were needed, but realistically the above should have too much for Millwall. 

Mads

hamza coady vesty doyle

winks

praet kdh

yunus cannon mavi

keeps it fresh, easily strong enough, but if things aren’t working out by 55 you ring the changes.  The risk of not performing quite as well isn’t as big as the risk of losing ricardo or wilf at this stage of the season. 

if we can get to plymouth with a win and some rested key players than we will be very well placed to win the league.

• Like 2

I won’t play Hamza in that inverted full back position. He’s a huge weakness there. May be limited options but I’d prefer JJ there - not that he’ll do that - but Hamza has conceded a couple of poor goals and potentially could have given a penalty away in the last minute at Sunderland 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

We have the deepest squad in the league. To not rotate some of the squad would be very disappointing. We should take advantage of our depth of quality and be more well rested than our competitors when it comes down to the wire. 

I doubt it.  Enzo has said he has 15 to pick from the rest are either on their way out of the Club or Development Players who lack the experience for the run in.

It would be unfair to bring a Development player into such a high pressure finish to the league.  They could freeze or excel but I doubt Enzo will take that chance.

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

We have the deepest squad in the league. To not rotate some of the squad would be very disappointing. We should take advantage of our depth of quality and be more well rested than our competitors when it comes down to the wire. 

Totally get the point you’re making. But for me, we are down to the wire, now. If we win the next two - and against lowly clubs in the league standings we must have a great chance of doing so - we are in a great place. If we drop points or lose these two, the pressure would be extreme. Don’t let that build or happen. We do that by putting the points on the board ASAP. This is the moment. This is what we pay those obscene wages for. Unless someone is on the brink of breaking down, they play at Millwall and Plymouth. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

get a strong team out. 

go hell for leather and then look to manage the game from 2 or 3 up. 

And do things the easy way? Nah, that's not the Leicester way mate

Only changes from last game for me are JJ in for Doyle, and Yunus in for either Fatawu or Ndidi. Ndidi looked knackered last game.  

Vardy on for the last half an hour again. 

Id like to see Coady starting, but doesn’t feel likely.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I won’t play Hamza in that inverted full back position. He’s a huge weakness there. May be limited options but I’d prefer JJ there - not that he’ll do that - but Hamza has conceded a couple of poor goals and potentially could have given a penalty away in the last minute at Sunderland 

I would be happy to not see Hamza play for the rest of the season.  He has been a massive liability and cost us points.  He isn’t smart enough to play in the area Enzo wants him to occupy.  When in the box he plays like he’s in the middle of the pitch, grab the player back first. 

JJ is such a boring player when following orders. He slows everything down too much, it must be frustrating for Mavadidi and KDH seeing the ball sent back knowing they will have to wait for a flick on from Vardy or Daka.  Against Norwich when asked to play in the attacking role he was like a completely new player, exciting and dynamic. I miss seeing JJ bomb forward with the ball doing what he’s good at. 

• Like 2

On 07/04/2024 at 08:20, oxtonfox said:

Enzo has to rest some key players for this one otherwise they’ll be in the red zone for key game’s coming up. 

I’d bring in Coady for Faes, Hamza for either Ricardo or Winks, Praet for Wilf, Yunus for Abdul and Nacho for Vardy/Daka. I’d even say Stolarcyk for Mads aswell. 

My fear is he won’t make any changes again! 

Six changes?????

• Haha 1

Go as strong as possible and go at them early.

Doing nothing 1st half at Bristol gave them encouragement and the crowd at Milllllll can lift the team if they start to believe. 

If they're fit enough and feel OK,  then play them.

Let's bang 6 points on the board in the next 2 and let the other 2 clubs worry about each other 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In: Vardy, Justin, Praet, Akgün 

Out: Daka, Ricardo, Ndidi, Fatawu

Ricardo is the big question mark. I’m convinced the fixtures fall nicely, that we could get 60 minutes from him in both Millwall and Plymouth games. Then 8 days rest before West Brom. But then I understand the desire to be extra cautious and rest him, especially against a perceived more physical Millwall.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Scanchez said:

Hearing a lot of rumours this is going to end 2-1 to Leicester.

Not sure what to make of those rumours.

Tip from Ivan Tonali?

Edited by Harboro
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

To be honest we are down to the wire now, we need to rotate but we should be getting ahead with the A team, before subbing anyone, just use the subs earlier, surely.

Edited by Vazman
Spelling

15 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Ricardo is the big question mark. I’m convinced the fixtures fall nicely, that we could get 60 minutes from him in both Millwall and Plymouth games. Then 8 days rest before West Brom. But then I understand the desire to be extra cautious and rest him, especially against a perceived more physical Millwall.

It's a huge dilemma isn't it.