Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Millwall A . Tuesday.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Sounds like the start of bad novel. 

Millwall  A. Tuesday. Rain. Grey. Caffeine headache from one too many teas the day before. Yesterday’s washing taunting me from the sink. Movement would be good. For body and mind. But. Movement hard. These old limbs lose some of their strength and each day. The seasons which once filled me with joy now mocking me. Each month marking off another failure. A step closer to death, another to-do list unfulfilled. Millwall A. Tuesday. Where did it all go wrong?

Well that’s cheered me up no end, thank you .

• Haha 1

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Iborra Ndidi Mahrez

Vardy Okazaki

Bring Gray on or Slimani when they're tired late on the secure the win.

Bonus points for anyone who can guess the season/game this line-up was played in

35 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Sounds like the start of bad novel. 

Millwall  A. Tuesday. Rain. Grey. Caffeine headache from one too many teas the day before. Yesterday’s washing taunting me from the sink. Movement would be good. For body and mind. But. Movement hard. These old limbs lose some of their strength each day. The seasons which once filled me with joy now mocking me. Each month marking off another failure. A step closer to death, another to-do list unfulfilled. Millwall A. Tuesday. Where did it all go wrong?

Pass the razorblades.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

for a team with literally 10 times the budget of some of the other sides in the league, it has been a ridiculously long time without a very comfortable win. 

lets hope that changes tonight. 

Football gods dont work this way. Millwall are fighting for survival. Think of us vs Newcastle last season.  The only way we make this remotely comfortable is if we are clinical, which i don't see happening right now.

They will dig in, kick us, hurt us, go long and try and make everything as unconfortable as possible. We will feel like the ref is giving us nothing, and then Jannik or Winks will get yellows for the first late takle they make. 

I have a horrible feeling a combination of rotation and Millwall being Millwall means this ends up 1-1. 

1 hour ago, Torten said:

Schmeichel

Vardy Okazaki

Bonus points for anyone who can guess the season/game this line-up was played in

Maguire instead of Huth? You must be insane 😀

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Football gods dont work this way. Millwall are fighting for survival. Think of us vs Newcastle last season.  The only way we make this remotely comfortable is if we are clinical, which i don't see happening right now.

They will dig in, kick us, hurt us, go long and try and make everything as unconfortable as possible. We will feel like the ref is giving us nothing, and then Jannik or Winks will get yellows for the first late takle they make. 

I have a horrible feeling a combination of rotation and Millwall being Millwall means this ends up 1-1. 

We will concede, as we almost do without fail now, and we look less clinical up front currently BUT was there in Jan for the cup and think we will nick it 2-1, expect and hope the same on Friday, as picked De Mont for Weller BUT will be there on Friday.:scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torten said:

Schmeichel

Vardy Okazaki

2017/18. 2-1 away win at Swansea. Michael Appleton as caretaker manager.

I’d love an early goal so much at their place.

Let’s make it toxic for them and hopefully our style of pragmatic football is actually beneficial with them losing shape/their heads, probably a pipe dream but would love nothing more than a comfortable 2-0 lead within 20.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

May not have resulted in penalties but he gives stupid fouls around the box in dangerous positions every time he plays. 

His tracking of runners is also very questionable. 

He’s a liability 

One decent game ( Bournemouth ) I don’t have the stats but my impression is that he was a regular during the long losing sequence and his appearance in the starting XI carries with it the stench of disappointment and defeat ( otherwise fine) 

29 minutes ago, surrifox said:

One decent game ( Bournemouth ) I don’t have the stats but my impression is that he was a regular during the long losing sequence and his appearance in the starting XI carries with it the stench of disappointment and defeat ( otherwise fine) 

There’s no doubt in my mind if Ricardo hadn’t had a period of injury we wouldn’t have lost as many we did.

Winks suffered in midfield playing with Choudhury and we became weaker at RB. 

• Like 1

Got to be winning this really, at this stage of the  season if you want top two, you’ve got to be putting away teams like Millwall…….

Id take a scrappy 0-1 win, but we need to see some goals to get that goal difference up. 

17 minutes ago, Skidmark said:

Rotation is dangerous. Very Dangerous. 

Yet required. Very required.

• Like 3