Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The performances of our players since early February has been concerning. The goals have dried up as well, Vardy was our only source of goals up to the international break and then KDH and Mavididi have effectively scored or created them recently.

This must improve, I think we're at the stage where he's going to throw Iheanacho back in which bothers me. I'd much rather we went with Cannon and Akgün behind him.

If you look at our XG since Middlesborough, it has basically been a perfect storm of underperforming and bad luck.

image.png.699f769c6d06c49d21a13d3af0949389.png

• We've created an avg xG of 1.5 (down 0.4 xG from the prior 31 league games). This should be the main criticism against Enzo - the team is creating fewer chances.
  • Yet the players do have a lot of blame to share. The team has been brutally bad in front of goal. in the last 10 games, we've only scored 11 goals, when we were expected to score 15.
  • However, we've actually given up fewer chances in the last 10 games with an avg xGA of 0.84 (1.0 from the prior 31 league games). Yet that has not materialized on the pitch either, because we've actually conceded 13 goals when we were expected to concede only 8 or 9.
    Is that bad goalkeeping? Bad defense? Bad Luck? I don't know, probably a little bit of all 3.
  • Just to wrap it all up - over the last 10 games, stats say we should have been winning on avg by 0.7 goals per game. Instead we've actually lost by 0.2, a total difference of 0.9 goals per game actual vs expected.

I agree that the main focus needs to be on finding the right players who will score goals. We cannot rely entirely on a winger and a box to box midfielder to score goals.

• Thanks 4

It’s only just dawned on me how MASSIVE tomorrow night is - win and we go 4 points clear of Leeds with 4 games left. It really is a chance to have a little bit of breathing space.

Sorry this is probably abundantly obvious to everyone, but with how mad this run in has been I have zoned out for periods of time. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2024 at 04:58, moore_94 said:

Not looking forward to the 9/10 hour round trip to watch shite like tonight

Bin off Faes for Coady and give Cannon or Iheanacho a go upfront (not that they will get any service anyway)

Definitely need to bin Faes. I think we start with 2 strikers. Go for it from the start.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Are you in the posh part of Plymouth ? I’m certainly not 

Union street isn’t the posh part either!

Head to the Barbican.  Good pubs and a view of the sea.  What’s not to like!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

Union street isn’t the posh part either!

Head to the Barbican.  Good pubs and a view of the sea.  What’s not to like!

View of the sea? You can’t see a hand in front of you.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Definitely need to bin Faes. I think we start with 2 strikers. Go for it from the start.

Whilst I totally agree with both, I think it's far too revolutionary for our manager!

Coady for Faes and I'd leave Ndidi out and play Iheanacho with Vardy. It worked really well before under Rodgers which must have really annoyed him at the time because he was almost forced, due to injury, to play Iheanacho and the bugger kept scoring making it difficult for Rodgers to drop him again! 🤣🤣

Iheanacho is fresh and when Vardy tires bring Cannon on!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I totally agree with both, I think it's far too revolutionary for our manager!

Coady for Faes and I'd leave Ndidi out and play Iheanacho with Vardy. It worked really well before under Rodgers which must have really annoyed him at the time because he was almost forced, due to injury, to play Iheanacho and the bugger kept scoring making it difficult for Rodgers to drop him again! 🤣🤣

Love to see that. But as you say, it is likely too revolutionary for our manager!

I mean he barely use the full squad while he complains of tiredness in the squad (but we have perfectly capable players for Championship standard on the bench or even out of the squad). So changing formation will be too much for him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Need to win tomorrow,leeds won't **** up again,then we're back to just a point. The game in hand is massive ,hope they can handle the pressure for once.

100%.

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Nacho deserves to be nowhere near the staring 11.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Love to see that. But as you say, it is likely too revolutionary for our manager!

I mean he barely use the full squad while he complains of tiredness in the squad (but we have perfectly capable players for Championship standard on the bench or even out of the squad). So changing formation will be too much for him.

Absolutely. Excuses Excuses. We've also a player in Albrighton who can play left or right wing if tiredness is a great issue, your guaranteed 100% grit and work rate with crosses into the box! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Need to win tomorrow,leeds won't **** up again,then we're back to just a point. The game in hand is massive ,hope they can handle the pressure for once.

People were saying this about both Ipswich and Leeds after the weekends results, then they did do it again

I would not be surprised to see Leeds and Ipswich drop more points in the remaining games

Just now, moore_94 said:

People were saying this about both Ipswich and Leeds after the weekends results, then they did do it again

I would not be surprised to see Leeds and Ipswich drop more points in the remaining games

We are all going to drop more points.

Leeds will win but I have a strong feeling boro can get at least a point at Ipswich. Fvck the title, it only matters we are top 2 and if we win tomorrow and Ipswich don't we have a huge chance then with a game in hand. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Nacho deserves to be nowhere near the staring 11.

Any championship team would love to have any one of Nacho (20m signing; most effective goal contributor in PL last year), Daka (30m signing), Vardy (player of the century), Canon (promising youngster from Everton). We have all four of them.

I say throw as many of them on the pitch as possible. Better than playing players like Hamza or Faes who are truly average.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Any championship team would love to have any one of Nacho (20m signing; most effective goal contributor in PL last year), Daka (30m signing), Vardy (player of the century), Canon (promising youngster from Everton). We have all four of them.

I say throw as many of them on the pitch as possible. Better than playing players like Hamza or Faes who are truly average.

Rush goalie too?

• Haha 1

Vital game of course but you have to have serious concerns that this bunch of lightweights have the minerals to do the job. 

Win or lose I'd look to get rid of the majority of them at the end of the season. 

I'm completely sick to death of this lot losing big games over the last 2 1/2 seasons (starting with F*rest in the cup) - It's not just losing but the limp one dimensional no fight in way we lose. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

How about ... we have 80% possession  ... then pass it around the back line .. poor pass and give the ball away ... a Plymouth player who hasn't scored for 7 years or more pops up and scores a screamer game ends 1-0 to Plymouth...  or am I just dreaming 😂 

• Haha 1