Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Woken up feeling fairly positive about this today. Had my coco pops and thinking we’re good for a win. 

Call back in when you are a bottle of wine down. 

I reckon there is a chance we have Yunus and Praet as the 8's tonight. Risky to leave KDH out as he's probably our biggest goal threat. I'd also try Fatawu from the left and see if it encourages him to go down the outside rather than cutting in to shoot. Albrighton on the right. Probably unlikely to see that but think Mavididi needs to be an impact sub. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I pray to god we see some speedy attacks tonight. Not this slow ball rubbish around the back then fook up and give away criminal goals. 

Given everyone is knackered that seems unlikely. If anything our control should serve us better now than ever when tiring out other sides. Just need to not concede first/early. It’s not like it’s just us that are tired, basically every team is, look at Liverpool last night. 

6 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I pray to god we see some speedy attacks tonight. Not this slow ball rubbish around the back then fook up and give away criminal goals. 

Prepare to be disappointed 😎

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Part of me solely wants a big win just to shut 80% of foxestalk up.

Understand some of the pessimism but you'd never guess we were top of the league!

It's almost as if we've lost 5 of the last 9 games! Crazy!

• Haha 2

We've struggled against teams fighting relegation in QPR and Millwall in recent weeks, so this will be more difficult then it looks. We just need to start fast and get an early goal, settle the nerves. I'd put in either Akgun or Praet for Ndidi, he looks knackered and can barely run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

We've struggled against teams fighting relegation in QPR and Millwall in recent weeks, so this will be more difficult then it looks. We just need to start fast and get an early goal, settle the nerves. I'd put in either Akgun or Praet for Ndidi, he looks knackered and can barely run.

Start fast and early goal hasn’t happened for some time now. I’ve forgot what that’s like 😭

If Ndidi is nursing an Injury, then Preat is probably the best option. I don't recall Plymouth being a physical team like Millwall were so this game could suit him. Praet cant play more than 60 minutes anyway so hopefully Ndidi is fit enough to take the last 30 mins or so.

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Think he was played on the wrong side wasn’t he?

So we’re coming off consecutive 1 0 away defeats against bottom half clubs and now face a third. Very worrying. I wonder if Enzo has anything else in his book of tactics? Are the players really up for it, especially with the lack of recovery time in the recent run? I guess we’ll see but not overly optimistic.

I don’t think Maresca has a book of tactics. He’s shown since the turn of the year that he has only one way of playing, and when that doesn’t work he’s/we’re fvcked.

We have the players to beat Plymouth, but they need to be used. Coady, Cannon, Albrighton all deserve a chance. But we all know they won’t get a shot, and that Maresca will persevere with Faes, Daka, Ndidi etc.

I’m just hoping to be proved wrong (again).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I don’t think Maresca has a book of tactics. He’s shown since the turn of the year that he has only one way of playing, and when that doesn’t work he’s/we’re fvcked.

We have the players to beat Plymouth, but they need to be used. Coady, Cannon, Albrighton all deserve a chance. But we all know they won’t get a shot, and that Maresca will persevere with Faes, Daka, Ndidi etc.

I’m just hoping to be proved wrong (again).

Albrighton don't suit Enzo's system.

Knocking high hopeful balls into the box is not Enzo's  style.

Playing  it on the ground and cutting it back inside is how Enzo likes to walk it in so MA doesn't fit. 

And...as much as he's been a legend and will always try his hardest  he's simply not  good enough anymore. 

Aa much as I want him to be MA is not the answer right now. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Woken up feeling fairly positive about this today. Had my coco pops and thinking we’re good for a win. 

I’m positive as well, but if we don’t win tonight we don’t deserve to go up automatically - it’s as simple as that for me 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Definitely going to be changes tonight.

Wilf and KDH have been playing while managing injuries.

JJ also been managed for the last few weeks. 

JV hardly trains, and some of the others look spent. 

Somehow we have got to get through these last few games and grind out results. It's not gonna be pretty and we really need to help them over the line woth vocalsupport.

Fans are going to play a huge part and it has to start tonight. 

Is your opening sentence above based on intel or gut feeling? Either way, what kind of changes do you expect? I just worry that the alternative options for the wingers and the two 8s, where fresh legs would help most, represent a big drop off in effectiveness from our first XI - but if the first XI is totally knackered, what do we do?

I'd like to see us restore the Mavididi/KDH partnership on the left.

Ndidi needs a rest, perhaps use him for his pressing to start and hopefully get that first goal, but an early sub.

I think Praet is a passenger - he's never shown any fight, was ineffective in the relegation battle. Yunus is hungrier so he gets the nod from me as the Ndidi replacement.

Fatawu starts for me because he is an agent of chaos.

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'd like to see us restore the Mavididi/KDH partnership on the left.

Ndidi needs a rest, perhaps use him for his pressing to start and hopefully get that first goal, but an early sub.

I think Praet is a passenger - he's never shown any fight, was ineffective in the relegation battle. Yunus is hungrier so he gets the nod from me as the Ndidi replacement.

Fatawu starts for me because he is an agent of chaos.

Was involved in the winner last week and also created the daka chance on Tuesday, I like yunus too be Dennis for me in the right 8 position.