Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Definitely going to be changes tonight.

Wilf and KDH have been playing while managing injuries.

JJ also been managed for the last few weeks. 

JV hardly trains, and some of the others look spent. 

Somehow we have got to get through these last few games and grind out results. It's not gonna be pretty and we really need to help them over the line woth vocalsupport.

Fans are going to play a huge part and it has to start tonight. 

That pretty much guarantees that it'll basically be unchanged tonight then :ph34r::P

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, teblin said:

Was involved in the winner last week and also created the daka chance on Tuesday, I like yunus too be Dennis for me in the right 8 position.

As long as we swap KDH back over I think that's the main thing

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pita said:

Let’s just play some fast flowing football going forward. Stop just passing the ball around in the middle of the park. 

Is that a pig I see flying over Home Park?

• Like 3

Not sure it would happen but I would play Hamza in the high 8 role and give Wilf a rest, whilst not blessed with amazing technical ability, he does bring energy and intensity and i think his pace in transition will also help. With Hamza playing higher up the pitch will help us press and give opportunities to win the ball in attacking areas and opportunities to exploit our attacking players and pace to hurt Plymouth. 

my team would be 

Hermansen 

Ricardo 

Coady

Vestergaard 

Justin 

Winks

Hamza

KDH

Fatawu

Mavididi 

Cannon

Subs

Stolrcryk
Nelson

Doyle

Faes

Praet 

Ndidi

Yunus

McAteer 

Daka

i don’t think it will happen mind you and I think Daka will start and Cannon will be nowhere to be seen, but given some of the fitness issues that have been mentioned, then in think this brings about some rotation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Which part of you doesn’t want a big win?

Well, all of me wants a big win!

Confident tonight tbh, I think Plymouth are nowhere near Milwalls defensive performance on Tuesday. 

I'd like to see Justin, Praet,Fatawu and Daka in for Doyle, Ndidi, Yunus and Vardy. Although I also expect Hamza in for Ricardo.

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Christ almighty. The one thing you have going for is likeabilty - probably not a good idea to preach to people about how hard life is for your players.

I know it’s easy to knock footballers but it’s not hard to envisage them getting burnt out. They put their body through incredibly high levels of stress at least once a week. They have to eat a certain way, put all sorts of meds in their bodies and most of them are addicted to sleeping pills. They’re constantly judged by supporters and are probably beating themselves up based on incredibly high performance targets. It’s not healthy and it’s little wonder some do crash and burn. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 3

Plymouth will be looking behind them in the table

There at home, on the TV, they will be looking for the win.

Just need Enzo to recognise that and do some counter attacking football tonight. We can easily beat them!

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Part of me solely wants a big win just to shut 80% of foxestalk up.

Understand some of the pessimism but you'd never guess we were top of the league!

A big win would shut me up, cos it would mean we've decided to play attacking football instead of pasppas pass pass pazzzzzzz 

I've always been of the belief that if the boys actually apply themselves, there's not a team in this league that doesn't get a tonking off us. Sometimes it's like they play with the hand break on. It was 4-0 in the reverse fixture. I'm going 3-1 for the Foxes today!

Can't believe Enzo is complaining about scheduling. A flexible manager could get two teams from our squad promoted, that might mean playing different styles V different teams mind.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Albrighton don't suit Enzo's system.

Knocking high hopeful balls into the box is not Enzo's  style.

Playing  it on the ground and cutting it back inside is how Enzo likes to walk it in so MA doesn't fit. 

And...as much as he's been a legend and will always try his hardest  he's simply not  good enough anymore. 

Aa much as I want him to be MA is not the answer right now. 

We had 9 corners last game almost all of them were played as hopeful crosses into the box but didn't get us anywhere as they were awful crosses. Albrighton would have suited that situation perfectly and he has the ability to aim a ball perfectly on a cross

• Thanks 1

Be tempted to play Unas in one of the number 8 roles if Ndidi and KDH are struggling. Cannon has to be at the very least on the bench. Don't want Daka any where near the team but can see Enzo starting him tonight. If we don't win tonight we don't deserve to be in the top 2 ! Really hope we turn up to tonight and Daka proves me wrong 

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Can't believe Enzo is complaining about scheduling. A flexible manager could get two teams from our squad promoted, that might mean playing different styles V different teams mind.

Any other season we would already be promoted 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I know it’s easy to knock footballers but it’s not hard to envisage them getting burnt out. They put their body through incredibly high levels of stress at least once a week. They have to eat a certain way, put all sorts of meds in their bodies and most of them are addicted to sleeping pills. They’re constantly judged by supporters and are probably beating themselves up based on incredibly high performance targets. It’s not healthy and it’s little wonder some do crash and burn. 

I don't disagree - but it's not like everyone has an advantage over us. Also we literally have a squad full of players who are either current or past internationals. There's a handful of clubs in the league who are able to say the same.

Whining about it is just pathetic to be honest. Go to Germany... or Scotland has lovely 10-12 team leagues - he'd love it there. 

Use your squad if you're that concerned about the players Welfare Enzo/Klopp - nobody is forcing you to use the same players game after game.

If you don't like it - there are so many other leagues or even professionals available.

Plymouth sound like the ideal team for us to play, e.g. a pansy playing it out from the back type that we usually do alright against rather than a team who will get in our faces. 

Famous last words, probleh.

55 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Whilst I agree with the main tenets of what you've said in general terms, compared to most other Championship teams, who have the same amount of games to play, Leicester have a strong squad of players. 

We can all pick weakness in certain individuals but, do we really think we have a weaker squad than say Millwall or Plymouth? 

It's Maresca that's chosen not to rotate his players adequately, players like Coady and Souttar would be first choice for most teams! Iheancho, Cannon, Albrighton and Akgun are shoe ins for most other teams, that's half a team! Sometimes you have to slightly alter your tactics to get the best out of the players you actually have available on any particular day.

Is it really that complex a concept for managers like Maresca and Rodgers? Less concentration on personal self indulgent philosophies, more thought about winning football matches with what you've got. Style over substance will never last, it will merely turn and bite you in the arse!

Management of games in terms of substitutions to either change the game or replace tired legs with fresh one's has also been poor. So stop whining Enzo, not only is it the same for every other team in the Championship, some with far weaker squads than ours, you have to recognise that you're part of the problem too!

• Like 2