Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

33 minutes ago, SurreyGreen said:

Argyle fan here in peace. So have been having a read through the comments before the game on Friday. Have to admit i am VERY surprised at the overall concern / thought process around beating us. Argyle are on a miserable run (reasons I won't go into, but we have made the changes we needed to probably too late in the day and now we're chasing the game) and have very limited expectations over us getting any sort of result against you. The team you have is just light years away from us, granted you are premier league club in every metric going and have wildly differing expectations then a club like us but i find it mad! Whats been the issue around the recent (minor) collapse and how come so much negativity around your current state of play ? 

Not looking to stir a pot here. 

We play one way. A very slow boring way of passing the ball backwards and forwards.

Now we've been sussed out by everyone it's not working and our manager has no plan b or intention to play any other way.

Unless we play a different way Friday (not very likely) come on here Saturday (if you wake up) and tell us how boring we are.

Watching paint dry is an under statement.

Emptying the Atlantic ocean with a tea strainer would be more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SurreyGreen said:

Argyle fan here in peace. So have been having a read through the comments before the game on Friday. Have to admit i am VERY surprised at the overall concern / thought process around beating us. Argyle are on a miserable run (reasons I won't go into, but we have made the changes we needed to probably too late in the day and now we're chasing the game) and have very limited expectations over us getting any sort of result against you. The team you have is just light years away from us, granted you are premier league club in every metric going and have wildly differing expectations then a club like us but i find it mad! Whats been the issue around the recent (minor) collapse and how come so much negativity around your current state of play ? 

I read your post with interest. Maybe the negativity is in our DNA, having witnessed so many roller-coaster rides up and down the top two divisions over the years. The angst at present is almost as extreme (for me at least) as it was just before winning the title, when Spurs had an outside chance of catching us. The two situations aren't dissimilar.

Let's hope (from our perspective) that The Pilgrims' Progress up and away from the relegation zone isn't helped by another inept display from the Foxes on Friday, whose away form has really slumped recently.

Btw, I read that 'Argyle' is linked to the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, but why is the spelling different?

Would love to see a slight tweek to the formation but not going to happen…

Mads 

Ricardo / Coady / Vestergaard / Justin 

Winks / Ndidi

Fatawu / KDH / Mavididi

Cannon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SurreyGreen said:

Welcome.

The issue is that we have a manager who knows only one way to play, even when that way isn’t working. He’s too arrogant, incompetent, blind, stupid (choose your own term) to think he can be wrong, so he doesn’t change tactics, shape or the team even when it’s blindingly obvious that he should.

Watch our substitutions Friday: they will be wrong and too late. How do I know? Because they’re always fvckin wrong and too fvckin late!

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Wouldnt be starting Ricardo 3 times in the space of 6 days unless you want him out for the rest of the season. Ndidi as well

Have to play Ricardo!!.. this REALLY is a must win (at all costs) game!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SurreyGreen said:

Hi mate. 

I like Plymouth and hope you stay up. I hope you lose on Friday of course.

What I would say to you is, look at the form table over the last 10 games. Look at some of our recent away results and performances. I'm sure you'd have banked on us beating Millwall, or Bristol City. 

We will undoubtedly dominate the ball on Friday but will be largely in effective. For Enzo, it's all about 'control' i.e. possession. No risky passes. If in doubt, go back to the keeper. 

You will be surprised just how much better we are on paper than on the pitch. That's why such a high proportion of our fans want the manager gone at the end of the season, whether we get promoted or not. 

• Like 1

I think I want Cannon to start. Vardy on the bench, with the way we play I think he is more effective coming on later in the game. I really hope it's not Daka who gets the nod. We need a goalscorer up top. Ihanacho? We've hardly seen him since the African Cup of Nations. 

Ricardo- I guess he has to start. We need to win. I really hope he copes with 3 games in quick succession. 

Perhaps also give Praet a go instead of Ndidi. 

Oh and we absolutely need Fatawu. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do you still go to games? Genuine question 

Watch them all on a stream..took my young grandson to his first live game v QPR....

Put him off for life I think!!!!

... since, I've been actively trying to get him to change his mind and support Manchester City 😂

Confident this will be another frustrating loss. We've been pretty shit in games against the bottom sides this season. If Plymouth show a modicum of desire, we'll probably fall to pieces. Again.

Edited by Tielemans63

Genuinely fascinated to see who he picks for this one after saying the team were tired last night and only making two changes to the line-up from the Birmingham game.