Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Confident this will be another frustrating loss. We've been pretty shit in games against the bottom sides this season. If Plymouth show a modicum of desire, we'll probably fall to pieces. Again.

I mean that just isn't true is it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, trugerkem said:

I’m travelling … about 3 miles :) 

What pubs close to the ground can we use.

Only been down here a year and don't use that part of town.

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

What pubs close to the ground can we use.

Only been down here a year and don't use that part of town.

The Britannia – a Wetherspoons outlet around 10 minutes from the ground by foot – does welcome travelling supporters, as does the Cherry Tree pub on Ham Drive

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

We know the system won't change, but please Enzo use your squad and get some fresh legs in. Faes, Ricardo, Winks, Mavididi, Ndidi and Vardy all to be on the bench for me. 

Probably the biggest game of the season so far. And you want to rest half the team?

Madness

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel there are just two things we need to do to give ourselves the best chance to win. One, the manager needs to instruct Wout not to charge forward. It rarely leads to a goal, and more often it leads to a turnover and opportunity for the opposition. It's a pointless play.

Second, ping loads of diagonal balls to the wingers, and have them run to Plymouth's box, as they both cause chaos. It also widens the game.

That's it. It's that simple in my eyes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

I feel there are just two things we need to do to give ourselves the best chance to win. One, the manager needs to instruct Wout not to charge forward. It rarely leads to a goal, and more often it leads to a turnover and opportunity for the opposition. It's a pointless play.

Second, ping loads of diagonal balls to the wingers, and have them run to Plymouth's box, as they both cause chaos. It also widens the game.

That's it. It's that simple in my eyes.

Increase the tempo as well. Can all seem to casual and lethargic at times 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Increase the tempo as well. Can all seem to casual and lethargic at times 

Agreed - although sometimes that could be seen as 'probing'. The greatest example I've seen of how this system could be more flexible is a home game some time ago, when Mads and one of the defenders played a bit of to-me, to-you. Then Patson trotted back inside our half, before turning, sprinting forward, at which point Mads launched the ball forward, Patson beat the defender and scored. It was a proper inventive, but very much a 'route one' goal. Basically just mixing it up, which is what we failed to do so dramatically at Millwall. When we were more direct in the final minutes we created three chances (Ricky's shot, headers by Kelechi and Patson). Even given how poor we were we should have emerged from that game with a late equaliser.

• Like 1

The performances of our players since early February has been concerning. The goals have dried up as well, Vardy was our only source of goals up to the international break and then KDH and Mavididi have effectively scored or created them recently.

This must improve, I think we're at the stage where he's going to throw Iheanacho back in which bothers me. I'd much rather we went with Cannon and Akgün behind him.

37 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And then whine that he didn't pick the strongest 11. 

Start the team that currently gets us results

Mads

Doyle

Faes

Vesty

Riccy

Winks

Ndidi

KDH

Mava

Abdul

Daka

Daka wont score, but will create opportunities for the wingers. Bring Vardy and Praet on at 60.

That teams wins this game. 

Daka shouldn't be starting, sorry. 

You need your strikers to score. He doesn't do that. He's not reliable when you need goals to win games, let alone when you don't have many chances anyway. 

Those wanting to increase the tempo, unfortunately the manager sees slow build up play as vital to his vision, most of the time. You wait for the opponent to move out of the position, whilst patiently passing it at the back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hammo said:

Can’t believe you are still swimming furiously against the mounting tide and clinging on to this narrative. And why would you start a player whose confidence is completely shot and even you admit is unlikely to score? Bizarre.

That excuse for a header at the end of yesterday’s game should be Daka’s swansong moment in a Leicester shirt. And yes, Iheanacho should have scored with his header too, but at least he worked the defender on the line rather than the corner flag ball boy.

Its sings and roundabouts ,  we looked a lot more dynamic against brum then millwall, , and i think he tends to help in this regard.  id bet the opposition manager will be briefing to watch his pace. its not black and white,  he has his good points, against brum  his assist was more skillfull then KDHs goal and pressure and stretching  will create space for othes ,  yes his shooting is sh@t he can do my head in, but Vardy, like all good men i love Vardy but if Daka had missed some of Vardys chances recently everyone would be throwing him under the bus.  and Nacho also can frustrate while Cannon has been conststant just not fully tested.  its not Bizarre beacuse none or the options give everthing if they did they would not be playing in championship. 

Edited by jamfox

12 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Hi mate. 

I like Plymouth and hope you stay up. I hope you lose on Friday of course.

What I would say to you is, look at the form table over the last 10 games. Look at some of our recent away results and performances. I'm sure you'd have banked on us beating Millwall, or Bristol City. 

We will undoubtedly dominate the ball on Friday but will be largely in effective. For Enzo, it's all about 'control' i.e. possession. No risky passes. If in doubt, go back to the keeper. 

You will be surprised just how much better we are on paper than on the pitch. That's why such a high proportion of our fans want the manager gone at the end of the season, whether we get promoted or not. 

thanks mate, thats interesting. From an outsiders point of view (which granted is always invariably inaccurate....though arent we always all a bit more pessimistic/measured/critical of our own teams arent we.....?) it looks like you are where you should be, and have absolutely rolled over a lot of teams this season (plenty of big wins ertc, even considering the size of your budget its still a pretty competitive league) so I was wondering where the negativity derived from but this is an interesting insight. 

I guess this desire for control and risk aversion comes from Pep right. 

Anyway thanks for responding! Not much optimism around the Argyle camp on this one! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His comments on Cannon this morning are very concerning. His decision or lack of decision on Cannon is poor IMO.

If Enzo doesn't rate him, like it would seem with Coady then there's once again a big disconnect with scouts, recruitment and manager. We won't get every signing bang on but it's always alarming when a manager won't even give them a chance.

Worrying isn't it. He's basically said he's not getting a sniff

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His comments on Cannon this morning are very concerning. His decision or lack of decision on Cannon is poor IMO.

If Enzo doesn't rate him, like it would seem with Coady then there's once again a big disconnect with scouts, recruitment and manager. We won't get every signing bang on but it's always alarming when a manager won't even give them a chance.

Especially when it’s clear Daka isn’t working. 

What’s frustrating is that Cannon has looked very industrious when he’s played. He can link up like Daka and has shown he can score goals from anywhere, which is something we have missed recently.