Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

I didn't have a good feeling about Millwall.

Much more positive about tomorrow. Fatawu will be the difference. 

I don't like predictions, but fancy us to take 3 pts. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ely fox said:

It’s the same for every team. 

Exactly Right

it’s all about how you deal with it. We have a pretty much healthy squad. …use them !!

We are playing Plymouth and we are shitting ourselves worrying about the result. If our second eleven can’t beat Plymouth then God help us in the premier ….

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I think it will be the same starters again except for fatawu on for yunus. Wilf didn’t look right against millwall though so let’s see. If it’s not going well we can’t leave it too late for changes. Hopefully though we won’t leave it until the last ten minutes to start playing with more intensity and desire to score. For once let’s try and get a fast start please. 

We have to win this one. 

Think he was played on the wrong side wasn’t he?

So we’re coming off consecutive 1 0 away defeats against bottom half clubs and now face a third. Very worrying. I wonder if Enzo has anything else in his book of tactics? Are the players really up for it, especially with the lack of recovery time in the recent run? I guess we’ll see but not overly optimistic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

If we hadn't cocked up at Millwall  a win on Friday would have put us 6 points clear until at least Saturday.

A virtual 3 game swing on both with 4 games to play. We'd have basically more or less done it. Although I'm not sure that kind of position suits this team. 

These teams in and around the relegation zone are a nightmare to play. It's like their cup final.

I remember when we went down to L1, the games towards the end became so focused compared to the mindless drivel we served up earlier on in the campaign.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

They have 5 points from their last 6 games , we have 10 . Surely we can’t mess this up . Can we ? 

Albeit they sacked their manager in that time. Foster was a disaster appointment from Plymouth. Quite a similar situation to Millwall funnily enough where they went for an old England youth coach midseason and he downturned them significantly. Their fans really hated him.

4 points from 2 games since sacking albeit one was against a dire Rotherham, and they were apparently pretty awful at home to QPR.

6 hours ago, TheStig said:

Nacho has the technical guile of a brick wall

Yeah, maybe you're right..

But there have been one to many times where Ndidi has been in a good position at the end of a move and fuffed it. (Not really his fault, as his natural abilities are as a destroyer)

Nacho maybe would have put it away?

I don't know... I'm probably clutching at straws here, but I just want to win and bring home the 3 points 

Edited by Guppys Love Child

54 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Game day, puff out our chest and win 4-0! Get the points and goal difference up

I so hope this is how it pans out but right now can’t see us having 4 shots on target let alone scoring 4 😢

I really hope our performance on Tuesday coupled with the Leeds & Ipswich results have given the players the kick up the backside they needed.

We need to win a maximum of 4 out of the remaining 5 games and we’re up - surely this group of players can put 5 performances together?! All of the games are very winnable 

6 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

If we hadn't cocked up at Millwall  a win on Friday would have put us 6 points clear until at least Saturday.

But Leeds and Ipswich could say the same - if they hadn't cocked up very winnable home games against opposition with nothing to play for they'd both be above us. There's lots of 'what ifs' in a season - I try not to get too beat up about it because as it stands we are in pole position and others are trying to catch us.

FFS LEICESTER TURN UP FOR THIS ONE FIND THE BACK OF THE FUCHING NET !!

We surely have to be better than we were V Milwall with Leeds and Ipswich both dropping points we can only but hope they do the same this weekend too, normally I’d predict a score but I just hope we can just take all 3 points and grab a few important goals to increase our goal difference so here’s to Friday night down in Plymouth those who are travelling down have a safe journey down and really hope you’re given a performance worthy of the long trip to put a smile on your faces for the homeward journey!

Any bets that Plymouth will sit back until we overplay, then break down our right side where the inverted full back won’t be with Faes positioned just inside their half? Just a matter of whether they punish us or not for me.

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’m dreading this now 

It's these snowflake players that make it such a chore - match them for work rate and we'll win comfortably 

Turn up with Enzo's fearing the health of his players nonsense and we're doomed. 

• Like 1